Best Album of All Time

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who's Next by the Who should be considered.
Yes, it should. Not a lame track on it. The Who has always been in rarified air to me for Tommy and Quadrophenia and for advancing their sound from their early years. Plus they had the first bona fide crazy musician in Keith Moon. The only thing that turned me off was destroying guitars, that was unnecessary.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Being a teenager during that time, 63-68, was magical."

Dude, that would be amazing. Favorite concert from that time?
Stones, 2nd row and the first date I ever had with my wife, 9/65, James Brown and it was as much a dance as a show but he was my musical idol at that time and I worked on my moves to emulate him. He called me up to the stage to perform with him when he saw me on the dance floor. Think about that. Little Rock in 1965 at a show with a black band, a white 17 year old kid gets to make some moves on the stage with the incredible James Brown in front of a 50/50 crowd. There were people that would have shot me for that had they seen that.

The mix of music at that time was astounding and almost everyone I know in my age group looks back and thinks we really took that for granted. It was coming at us so fast, we could hardly take it all in. We were part of something and didn't even realize it.

But the coolest thing about the British Invasion was the response from the American bands, there was no back down and each was learning form the other. The Grass Roots, Paul Revere and the Raiders and others were cranking out the hits right back at them. The Brits had tremendous respect for American blues and soul music we had been taking for granted and actually drew more interest to the originals they were covering in the first wave of the invasion.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've heard Paul Rogers was Freddie's idol.
He was a lot of performers' idol just as Stevie Winwood was at that time because they were barely shaving. Winwood has been in music since he joined the Spencer Davis Group at the age of 14 and went on as a founding member of Blind Faith and Traffic.

Free's "All Right Now" is a top 5 Oldies for me and like Winwood, his vocals were magic. Bad Co is one of my favorite all timers because of his vocals. He had this quality that was unmatched to me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was a lot of performers' idol just as Stevie Winwood was at that time because they were barely shaving. Winwood has been in music since he joined the Spencer Davis Group at the age of 14 and went on as a founding member of Blind Faith and Traffic.

Free's "All Right Now" is a top 5 Oldies for me and like Winwood, his vocals were magic. Bad Co is one of my favorite all timers because of his vocals. He had this quality that was unmatched to me.
I agree. I've a always been a Bad Company fan, and Free, and the Firm, to a degree.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Excellent foreword, CC. Thanks for the history lesson! No, really, I mean it, that was interesting!

Anyway, my choice for GOAT is
XJvLiEhl.jpg
3S8FAzSl.jpg

Good album but better then Dark Side Of The Moon? I don't know......

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good album but better then Dark Side Of The Moon? I don't know......
Dark Side is amazing. Experimentation at it's best, and life altering when heard through headphones for the first time...or thirty.
I just find the metaphoric symbolism and social relevance of The Wall to be important to my outlook.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dark Side is amazing. Experimentation at it's best, and life altering when heard through headphones for the first time...or thirty.
I just find the metaphoric symbolism and social relevance of The Wall to be important to my outlook.

Don't get me wrong, The Wall is a great Album. That is why I say, "I don't know". Seriously, I don't know.

There are so many, there are probably 3 or 4 Beatles albums that you could throw out there as well and this doesn't even count Country because modern musical genre doesn't even recognize it, for the most part. Really hard to pick just one for me. But if I were going to pick, it might be U2 Joshua Tree.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't get me wrong, The Wall is a great Album. That is why I say, "I don't know". Seriously, I don't know.

There are so many, there are probably 3 or 4 Beatles albums that you could throw out there as well and this doesn't even count Country because modern musical genre doesn't even recognize it, for the most part. Really hard to pick just one for me. But if I were going to pick, it might be U2 Joshua Tree.
Ya lost me on the very last sentence, but I agree with most of it. :thumbup: