Best All time Movie Villains

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I rewatched that "Cowboys vs. Aliens" flick just yesterday:lmao:

*and thought about popping in "the quick&the dead",,, but I had rewatched it about a month or so back.
I gotta watch that at least once a quarter and for such a goofy name, it's a great movie. I wonder what Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig thought when they were told that was the name of their western?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry for the partial quote, but these lines lead me to ask your thoughts on an age old question in my household - Eastwood or Wayne?
Eastwood, hands down, I even forgave him for ripping off Shane to make Pale Rider. The Duke was fine but not as good and didn't have that nasty edge that Clint always had.

I would be hard pressed to pick my favorite of his but G,B & U is stout and how about ole Angel Eyes, Lee Van Cleef, as a villain? Eat a man's soup and then kill him and his son, they should have named him Evil Eyes.

But the one that I never get tired of watching is High Plains Drifter, love that movie.

visionary

Reaction score
A few others I don't think have been mentioned ...

Al Pacino as John Milton - The Devil's Advocate
Gene Hackman as Little Bill Daggett - Unforgiven
Joaquin Phoenix as Commodus - Gladiator
Richardo Montalbon as Khan - Wrath of Khan
John Vernon as Dean Wormor - Animal House
Mark Metcalf as Douglas Neidermeyer - Animal House
The Devil as the Devil - The Exorcist (it was real!)

Good list

quickccc

Reaction score
Eastwood, hands down, I even forgave him for ripping off Shane to make Pale Rider. The Duke was fine but not as good and didn't have that nasty edge that Clint always had.

I would be hard pressed to pick my favorite of his but G,B & U is stout and how about ole Angel Eyes, Lee Van Cleef, as a villain? Eat a man's soup and then kill him and his son, they should have named him Evil Eyes.

But the one that I never get tired of watching is High Plains Drifter, love that movie.

" Angel Eyes" Lee van Cliff was just outside my top 10 list. Man, that mean-ish look ..lol

quickccc

Reaction score
What about The Wild, Wild West? That was one of my favorites as a kid. I liked the original Star Trek too. I liked liked some of the sitcoms too, including some you mentioned (Beverly Hillbillies, I dream of Jeanie, Leave it to Beaver, Gilligan's Island) etc ..), but by the time the 80's cam around, and I was in my upper teens and 20's, I was pretty tired of most sitcoms. Really most network TV in general.

As a small kid, I was kinda in and out on Star Trek, maybe it was too complicated high tech talk, or maybe the dialogue was too lengthy. Sometimes i'd watch it (because I liked Vulcan Mr. Spock) , sometimes I shut down on it. In fact, I actually watched " Lost in Space " a great deal more than I did Star Trek.

Maybe it was the robot, the small kid Wil Roberson but it was definitely the intriguing and cowardly Dr. Smith. he was so devious, two faced and he'd squeal and run away when frightened, and I was really into those thrilling cliff hanger adventures and creature features the family and crew encountered.

- Here’s another kicker, as absolutely big as I am on Vampire movies and series, .. I absolutely could not stand “ Dark Shadows “.
Back then, I didn’t know what soap operas were, and it was so very sloooow and boring, and I certainly did not like Vampires that never bit anyone.
And I still would not watch now !

- I always been far more fond of the Kojak the Nightstalker. and then got into late night shows like "Night Gallery ".
and I was too young and impatient with shows like Alfred Hitchcock presents and the Twilight Zone.

- other tipbits; Though it was popular among most, I wasn’t and never have been at all interested in M.A.S.H.

- With the Arron Spelling TV shows, I think most appealed to me, as previously mentioned I was into Love Boat, Starsky-Hutch, Fantasy Island, Charlie Angels, but also Soap, Eight is Enough, Dynasty, Happy Days, Welcome back Kotter and What's Happening yep ,even “ Love American Style “. . .. and but for whatever reason I just didn’t care for Laverne and Shirley .at all ! (after the musical theme intro that was it !) lol

- and oh so how I was and still very much today ,a so HUGE a fan of Three’s Company ! lol That zany Jack tripper was my 80’s version of Lucille Ball from “ I love Lucy “

- Though it eventually became one of my all time favs, I didn’t watch or catch on to All in the Family until my high school teen days.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score

Have you seen Red River or She wore a Yellow Ribbon? He's very gritty and nasty in those.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I gotta watch that at least once a quarter and for such a goofy name, it's a great movie. I wonder what Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig thought when they were told that was the name of their western?
You gotta'wonder:lmao:
They both 'pulled it off' in an enjoyable fashion tho, man, I'll sit& rewind the first two minutes of that flick a half dozen times, when Daniel Craig lays the "what fer" to those 3 scalp hunters,then plunders their outfits, best part of the whole flick (IMO)

* I'd once found a hard backed book titled "the big scalp hunters" ,back in the 90's at a goodwill store while shopping for light colored long sleeve work shirts ( crawling under trailer houses) and that book was autographed in pencil by some dude first name of 'Clarence' who'd claimed in his hand written dedication as to being the grandson( or maybe it was the great grandson) of the Chiricahua Apache chieftain Cochise,,, I thought that was pretty cool, as the pencilmanship pretty much mirrored some of the old school books between the pages snarky comments handwritten by my dad's siblings,that I'd found in an old square rock storage house in Oklahoma when I was a kid,,, they'd write stupid stuff like (your just a snake in the grass) or ( stay away from me chigger tits) I guess from the 20's&30's when they were owlhoot heathens.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1-Lawrence Olivia in Marathon Man
2-The Hillbillies in Deliverance
3-The Dutch Man in Hostel
4-Alan Rickman in Die Hard
5-Darth Vader in Star Wars
6-Luther in The Warriors
7-Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight
8-Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs
9-Anthony Perkins in Psycho
10-King Edward the 1st in Braveheart
I thought about mentioning Longshanks too. He had some great lines, that seemed to come from him so naturally.

quickccc

Reaction score
6-Luther in The Warriors

Luther in Warriors ? .. was that the gang leader who framed the Warriors and was knocking the empty beer bottles and ranting .... " Warriors ..come out to play ! " .... lol :rolleyes:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

He was the Emperor, not a villain. In the movie, he is not a villain, he is defending his people against the Kings/Emperors of Europe who had it in for him. Vive L'Empereur.

One could argue, the true villain was Blucher who said "no pity, I will kill any man who shows pity".

visionary

Reaction score
He wasn't a villain, just a paid goon like Odd Job. The great villains were Dr No, Goldfinger and Hugo Drax

noun
  1. 1.
    (in a film, novel, or play) a character whose evil actions or motives are important to the plot.

Hmmmm..... sounds like Jaws was a Villian

Next you will tell us “James Bond was not a hero because he was a hired good guy who worked for MI-6”

:facepalm::facepalm:

Londonboy

Reaction score
He was the Emperor, not a villain. In the movie, he is not a villain, he is defending his people against the Kings/Emperors of Europe who had it in for him. Vive L'Empereur.

One could argue, the true villain was Blucher who said "no pity, I will kill any man who shows pity".
Boney invaded half the Countries of Europe at some point, gave Dukedoms in Italy and other conquered territories to Friends and relatives and made His Brother King of Spain, He even got all the way to Moscow which is taking defensive warfare to a bit of an extreme (didn't end too well), which is why the Kings/Emporors had it in for Him.
Last I checked, Waterloo is in Belgium, was He there to defend French tourists?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
6-Luther in The Warriors
I just can't imagine a feller of yer' above industry standard caliber of quality casing-liner to just hurdle over DENNIS LEARY'S mo-fo of evilness performance in JUDGMENT NIGHT,,,:lmao:

,,,er,,,o_O

Edit: or that of the legendary CHRISTOPHER WALKEN in "AT CLOSE RANGE",,, man:(

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
noun
  1. 1.
    (in a film, novel, or play) a character whose evil actions or motives are important to the plot.

Hmmmm..... sounds like Jaws was a Villian

Next you will tell us “James Bond was not a hero because he was a hired good guy who worked for MI-6”

:facepalm::facepalm:

Jaws was the not villain, he was the stooge, the paid muscle so to speak. Would you say the guy Bond threw into the piranhas in You Only Live Twice was also a villain? Jaws was manipulated in both The Spy Who Loved Me Karl Stromberg and Moonraker villain Hugo Drax to do their dirty work. They were the villains.