Best All time Movie Villains

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Boney invaded half the Countries of Europe at some point, gave Dukedoms in Italy and other conquered territories to Friends and relatives and made His Brother King of Spain, He even got all the way to Moscow which is taking defensive warfare to a bit of an extreme (didn't end too well), which is why the Kings/Emporors had it in for Him.
Last I checked, Waterloo is in Belgium, was He there to defend French tourists?

Belgium did not exist in 1815. Napoleon grew out of the French Revolutionary Wars which were started basically by the Kings of Europe who didn't like seeing their brother king beheaded. Napoleon was a megalomaniac and have visions of grandeur but he has never been described as a villain. He was not a villain in the movie Waterloo. Remember the winners write the history so they have to try and make him out to be a bad guy. It isn't like the Prussians/Russians/Austrians/British were really free people.

visionary

Reaction score
Jaws was the not villain, he was the stooge, the paid muscle so to speak. Would you say the guy Bond threw into the piranhas in You Only Live Twice was also a villain? Jaws was manipulated in both The Spy Who Loved Me Karl Stromberg and Moonraker villain Hugo Drax to do their dirty work. They were the villains.

Is it you’re facing trouble reading the text or understanding the meaning of the word ‘villain’

I posted the definition and why by your definition James Bond wouldn’t be the ‘hero’

Post something factual to refute it or beat it

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Is it you’re facing trouble reading the text or understanding the meaning of the word ‘villain’

I posted the definition and why by your definition James Bond wouldn’t be the ‘hero’

Post something factual to refute it or beat it

something factual about a fictional movie? The existence of Jaws in those movies does not push the plot forward as per your definition. He was a pawn, hell as much comic relief in Moonraker as anything. The machinations of Stromberg and Drax pushed the plot forward.

visionary

Reaction score
something factual about a fictional movie? The existence of Jaws in those movies does not push the plot forward as per your definition. He was a pawn, hell as much comic relief in Moonraker as anything. The machinations of Stromberg and Drax pushed the plot forward.

So a real lack of ability to comprehend

Got it

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I know you asked someone else, but I would like to respond.

I cut my teeth on Eastwood and therefore I take Eastwood. I know a lot of people that are older than I. They tend to learn towards Wayne. (at least half of them do anyhow)

I suspect it's because all his movies (or at least 90% of them, his last was 1976 when I was 3 years old) were before my time and and I'm just out of touch with his movies and movies of that generation. I grew up in the late 70s-90s. Eastwood was still on the big screen when I was growing up. Heck, I really didn't even watch TV shows from before the 70s when I was growing up. (My Three Sons, etc. Change the channel!) The only shows I probably seen more than 15 episodes from that was pre-70s was probably I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched and that was only because my sister was older and could kick my *** when I was really young.
* mine would to as well, ( thunder stomp on lil' melon)till I got tired of being kicked in the grapes& finger nailed clawed in the face & knuckled up my left fist& started handing out fat lips to them at around age 8,,,o_O

* that **** came to a smokin'screetchin' halt right after that.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Belgium did not exist in 1815. Napoleon grew out of the French Revolutionary Wars which were started basically by the Kings of Europe who didn't like seeing their brother king beheaded. Napoleon was a megalomaniac and have visions of grandeur but he has never been described as a villain. He was not a villain in the movie Waterloo. Remember the winners write the history so they have to try and make him out to be a bad guy. It isn't like the Prussians/Russians/Austrians/British were really free people.
Napoleon never a villian?
Ha, my good fellow,for were you but one of the 30 thousand plus hairy chested troopers he'd "bailed out upon & left their foresworn loyalties FLAPPING IN THE CAIRO BREEZE of downtown enemy Egypt, yer' nose would be bent in a different direction,,, amigo:facepalm:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Napoleon never a villian?
Ha, my good fellow,for were you but one of the 30 thousand plus hairy chested troopers he'd "bailed out upon & left their foresworn loyalties FLAPPING IN THE CAIRO BREEZE of downtown enemy Egypt, yer' nose would be bent in a different direction,,, amigo:facepalm:

That is typical General behaviour, save yourself and let the grunts die. That does not make you a villain. Not every General dies in battle, or gets made a POW/offs himself. The soldiers and people of France didn't think less of him.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
That is typical General behaviour, save yourself and let the grunts die. That does not make you a villain. Not every General dies in battle, or gets made a POW/offs himself. The soldiers and people of France didn't think less of him.
The worlds eye view begs to differ,brau,,,o_O

* it earns one the permanently affixed preceding label forever more of: weezlenutts of chicken s*** under 2nd awarded cross bar of faggotry:rolleyes:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The worlds eye view begs to differ,brau,,,o_O

* it earns one the permanently affixed preceding label forever more of: weezlenutts of chicken s*** under 2nd awarded cross bar of faggotry:rolleyes:

it doesn't compare to Davy Crockett hiding in a woman's dress

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
One movie, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence. Three different possibilities here, which is what made this movie one of the best Westerns of all time.

First the Obvious - Liberty (Lee Marvin):

Quintessential Bully/Thief/Rapist/Killer. The very definition of a Sociopath.

Secondly - Ransom Soddard (James Stewart):

Young, educated, cerebral, intelligent, moral, representing the future. Likable to a fault you might say but, vulnerable to a fault as well and the thing that makes him a bit of a villain is that he knows the truth about who the real hero is and he still takes the credit and the girl, even though he knows that his actions basically destroyed the real hero.

Lastly - Tom Doniphon (John Wayne):

The Protector of the Towns People, a man who has acted as the foil to Liberty for years. He represents old school traditions and all he desires now is a quiet life in a small house with the woman he loves. Through circumstances, not of his own creation, he is caught in a Kobayashi Maru sort of situation. He can't deal with Liberty directly because Liberty won't confront him but, he can't allow Soddard to die because of his sense of honor. He's caught in the middle, forcing him to act in a dishonorable, villainous sort of way. He kills Valence in cold blood for the greater good, so to speak but in doing so, he dooms himself to the inescapable fact that he will lose his love and his life because of it. He dies a drunkard, a brooken man who in the end, is forgotten by all but his only friend and the two people who betrayed him.

Any of these three could be considered the best, all time Villains. My personal choice though, Lee Marvin as Liberty Valence. He's the perfect Villain!

timb2

Reaction score
Luther in Warriors ? .. was that the gang leader who framed the Warriors and was knocking the empty beer bottles and ranting .... " Warriors ..come out to play ! " .... lol :rolleyes:
Yes

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Honorable mention to Bruce Dern in "Hang'em High". He was such a weasel.
And that John Wayne's
" the Cowboys" as well:thumbup:

*I had a vhs tape in where Bruce Dern rode around in a decrepit& dilapidated one horse drawn cart, collecting the dead bodies from several western short storied vignettes & at the end when he'd collected the last dead outlaw, his rig was all spiffy& brand new to repeat the cycle, it was a pretty cool flick,I couldn't lay name to it's title for a $100 bill,,,but he had a ladies parasol mounted up for shade.

Hardline

Reaction score
Gollum - Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

Eddie Haskell - Leave it to Beaver.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Jaws wasn't an evil Mastermind, He was a hired killer, but I'd still say that qualifies as a villain.

Londonboy

Reaction score
We could probably go back and forth on Boney for pages and pages and derail a fine thread, so, best to end it now.
It's a fascinating and complex period of European history that Historians are still debating to this day.