Best places to live in North/South Carolina?

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
trickblue;4678494 said:
Also The Biltmore is there and is great to visit... especially at Christmas, and they have a great winery...

Biltimore House is a nice thing to see. I was surpried how much I enjoyed my visit to the house . I was here 10 yrs before I even went for the first time. I forgot the Biltimore House also has concerts. Mostly older bands, last weekend the Villiage People and KC and the Sunshine Band performed

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
JonJon;4678779 said:
I think I was a little fuzzy in my memory. It is a road I believe, but the surrounding area is pretty nice.

on Google maps

As you can see, there are lots of parks surrounding the area.

Ahh gotcha...thanks!

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
pjtoadie;4678726 said:
Wow you're better than Google :D I am with you in that I prefer more urban than rural/country. Right now I live minutes from restaurants, shopping, movie theaters etc. and want to have that in Charlotte as well. Also I want a safe neighborhood with good schools obviously. So could you give me your top 5 areas/suburbs including the south and north of Charlotte based on what I want?

#1-2. For me would be South Charlotte area, main Roads being, Highway 51, Rea Road, Providence Road, Ballantyne Commons. This is a newer section of town with alot of shopping and other things to do. About 20 minutes from downtown, 20 miles from Lake Wylie, 10 minutes from the mall, and good new schools for the most part. Included in this would be the Audrey Kell area I was talking about, which is just south of this. Very new schools and developments. Included in this area are many nice nieghborhoods. You would have to be on the ground or speak with a real estate agent because this area is rather large and there are many options, this being the part of town in know best.

3. Southpark Area, is more of a central/soputh area that is very nice. I am not sure about the schools in this area, but it is a nice area. Southpark is an upscale mall and it is a nice area. I'm not very familiar with it, but it is nice.

#4. Would be Matthews/Indian Trail, Matthews does have a small Downtown with an older feel to it and pretty good schools. Like I said, it is hard to distinguish when you have left Charlotte and entered matthews, they are that close to each other. A lil bit of an older part of town but still nice for the most part.

5. Dilworth/Myers Park Area - Is a lil bit more of the historic area, closer to dowtown. Nice old homes, more gentrified are but very good schools, possibly the best in Charlotte

Obv. the southern part of the city is the part I know best, but not the only very nice area in Charlotte. Keep me updated and I will help anyway I can.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
JustDezIt;4679081 said:
#1-2. For me would be South Charlotte area, main Roads being, Highway 51, Rea Road, Providence Road, Ballantyne Commons. This is a newer section of town with alot of shopping and other things to do. About 20 minutes from downtown, 20 miles from Lake Wylie, 10 minutes from the mall, and good new schools for the most part. Included in this would be the Audrey Kell area I was talking about, which is just south of this. Very new schools and developments. Included in this area are many nice nieghborhoods. You would have to be on the ground or speak with a real estate agent because this area is rather large and there are many options, this being the part of town in know best.

3. Southpark Area, is more of a central/soputh area that is very nice. I am not sure about the schools in this area, but it is a nice area. Southpark is an upscale mall and it is a nice area. I'm not very familiar with it, but it is nice.

#4. Would be Matthews/Indian Trail, Matthews does have a small Downtown with an older feel to it and pretty good schools. Like I said, it is hard to distinguish when you have left Charlotte and entered matthews, they are that close to each other. A lil bit of an older part of town but still nice for the most part.

5. Dilworth/Myers Park Area - Is a lil bit more of the historic area, closer to dowtown. Nice old homes, more gentrified are but very good schools, possibly the best in Charlotte

Obv. the southern part of the city is the part I know best, but not the only very nice area in Charlotte. Keep me updated and I will help anyway I can.

Thank you!! I will keep you updated!

ologan

Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;4678816 said:
I own a restaurant. on tunnel rd. if ever in the area let me know. we have the Cowboys on every Sunday
Familiar with Tunnel Road. what's the name of your restaurant? Will drop by next time there.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
ologan;4679550 said:
Familiar with Tunnel Road. what's the name of your restaurant? Will drop by next time there.

Woodys ,

make sure you introduce yourself so if I am not out front that staff can let me know you are there or let me know ahead of time

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
ologan;4679550 said:

it would be nice to meet a fellow zoner and Cowboys fans always welcome

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Ok so my wife and I are getting more serious about moving down to the Charlotte area. I saw a few properties for rent I liked in Matthews, Fort Mill, and South Charlotte (zip code 28277) Does any of these areas stick out for anyone? Are all 3 areas pretty safe? Thanks :)