Best Safety In The Draft? Mayock Says...

Reaction score
stilltheguru;3286241 said:
everything you just said was common sense. if people look at eric berry and see somebody better than ed reed thats just sad.

obviously no one thinks hes better then ed reed as of right now, or at least I hope so, but he for sure has the potential to be like ed reed if not better.

burmafrd

Reaction score
CATCH17;3286435 said:
Who? Ed Reed? Ed Reed is the best NFL Safety thats ever played.

He is the Deion of Safeties.

Total absolute BS from someone with no knowledge of NFL history.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stilltheguru;3286282 said:
look in the mirror and you will see someone who said he was the best safety prospect in the past 10 years. he isnt even close but whatever. season will tell it all.
Prospect.

There is a huge difference between "the best Safety prospect in 10 years" and "the best Safety in 10 years."

If you are saying he isn't the best Safety prospect in 10 years then by all means name the guy who was rated higher. Be prepared to be laughed at unmercifully.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CATCH17;3286435 said:
Who? Ed Reed? Ed Reed is the best NFL Safety thats ever played.

He is the Deion of Safeties.
Ronnie Lott is the best Safety who has ever played.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Avery;3286345 said:
Mayock will move Berry up as the months proceed, just watch.

I doubt it, but it is one spot.

Mayock isn't Kiper who changes his board from a guy being top 25 one month to 35 next then 50th the next.

Mayock likes who he likes and he offers why.

Berry is a beast but anyone wanting a free safety would like Earl Thomas as well. They are eerily similar in stature, skill and athleticism actually.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
burmafrd;3286612 said:
Total absolute BS from someone with no knowledge of NFL history.

Lol ok.

There might be 1 guy better and that's Lott and I would still take Reed over Lott because I think he is a better Safety, special teams player, athlete, and has more fingers.

You probably think Darren Woodson, Cliff Harris, and Charlie Waters are better than Ed Reed don't you?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Well maybe you might want to think about some people that were playing before- you know like Night Train and a couple others. Young pups who think NFL is only about the last ten years are very annoying, and frankly STUPID.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
burmafrd;3286732 said:
Well maybe you might want to think about some people that were playing before- you know like Night Train and a couple others. Young pups who think NFL is only about the last ten years are very annoying, and frankly STUPID.

And just because they played forever ago doesn't make them better either.

Reaction score
burmafrd;3286732 said:

Night train played corner, but I agree with the point your trying to make

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3286740 said:
Why can't you idiots say that Eric Berry is a hell of a safety and leave it at that?

Because it's offseason and we will disect any topic that's worth conversation until we're all experts on the situation.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3286744 said:
Night train played corner, but I agree with the point your trying to make

There is nothing wrong with the point he makes but in this scenario his Night trains or who ever else aren't on par with Reed.

I imagine a lot of football historians wouldn't even scoff at someone who thinks Reed is the best ever.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Catch17 is losing tons of credibility in this thread.

I'm literally just shaking my head when reading his posts.

It's just unbelievable.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3286755 said:
Catch17 is losing tons of credibility in this thread.

I'm literally just shaking my head when reading his posts.

It's just unbelievable.

Why don't you elaborate? I've made so many great comments in this thread that Tony Reali had to stop handing me points and just call it a show.

rkell87

Reaction score
CATCH17;3286753 said:
There is nothing wrong with the point he makes but in this scenario his Night trains or who ever else aren't on par with Reed.

I imagine a lot of football historians wouldn't even scoff at someone who thinks Reed is the best ever.

reed is a great safety bro but he doesn't dominate games like Lott did. Lott was pretty much the best player on the field on any given Sunday, one of the most dominate players ever at any position

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
I thought I read some articles just a couple of years ago where the Ravens coaches were talking about benching Reed because he was blowing too many assignments.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
rkell87;3286763 said:
reed is a great safety bro but he doesn't dominate games like Lott did. Lott was pretty much the best player on the field on any given Sunday, one of the most dominate players ever at any position

Its hard for me to argue against Lott so I won't but if it were up to me I would take Ed Reed. But Lott never was awarded a DPOY like Reed has been. (Another point to me from Reali)

And not only do I think Ed Reed has dominated his share of games the guy dominates how teams have to prep against the Ravens defense all week in practice.

He may be one of the top 2 pass defenders of all time including corners too imo.

He just hasn't been retired long enough to get his tupac status but when he calls it a career how many people are going to immediately throw his name out there as the best safety of all time?

Reaction score
CATCH17;3286783 said:
Its hard for me to argue against Lott so I won't but if it were up to me I would take Ed Reed. But Lott never was awarded a DPOY like Reed has been. (Another point to me from Reali)

And not only do I think Ed Reed has dominated his share of games the guy dominates how teams have to prep against the Ravens defense all week in practice.

He may be one of the top 2 pass defenders of all time including corners too imo.

He just hasn't been retired long enough to get his tupac status but when he calls it a career how many people are going to immediately throw his name out there as the best safety of all time?

lol, ok I was planning on saying something, but now you just have to stop.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Taking any safety other than Berry this draft is settling. Berry is the best period and I would trade a lot to draft him.