'Better Call Saul' - Season 2

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah, you could just see his mind spinning thoughts as he walks behind the big laundry vats. :)

And friggin' Lydia, always up to no good :)
Makes me wonder who else from the Breaking Bad cast is going to make a cameo appearance in future episodes... Gale helping Gus get the meth lab together, Hank snooping around Hectors business?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Makes me wonder who else from the Breaking Bad cast is going to make a cameo appearance in future episodes... Gale helping Gus get the meth lab together, Hank snooping around Hectors business?
Gale would be awesome, and he's (David Costabile is his real name) doing great on Billions on Showtime.

I always inferred that he and Gus's relationship was fairly new when Walter got involved, but I may be wrong.

And he makes the worlds best coffee with meth-making Pyrex :)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Gale would be awesome, and he's (David Costabile is his real name) doing great on Billions on Showtime.

I always inferred that he and Gus's relationship was fairly new when Walter got involved, but I may be wrong.

There is an episode in breaking bad when Gus gets payback at the pool. Ties in to one of the BCS episodes this season. Gus been in "bidness" for a "minute"!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I have only watched a couple episodes of Fargo this season, Have not watched any of Better Call Saul.

Have them all recorded on DVR.

For those that have been watching both...which is better or are they both equally good or bad so far?

I ask because these two shows are similar in their pacing where it can be a slow burn show and even though you know it is good from show to show, you don't realize how good until you have seen the whole season as it plays out.
Now having caught up on both, Fargo is better. It's more intense, a masterfully created thriller that still holds back and allows for nuance and character to develop. The "bad guy" this season is truly a bizarro, and Ewen McGregor is magnificent in dual-rolls. Carrie Coon (Gone Girl, The Leftovers) is fan-friggin-tastic. She's quickly emerging as a prominent character actor in Hollywood. And I don't use that term loosely.

With that said, BCS is equally measured and thought out. Nothing contrived or forced, excellent season with zero flaws so far.

But right now, this season of Fargo is out of this world. Barely behind season 1, and better than the great season 2.

Either way you can't go wrong, BP.

dallasdave

Reaction score

Better call Trouty !!!!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Better Call Saul has been pretty good this season. I havent liked it as much as season one but I have enjoyed the cameos to the players from Breaking Bad coming up more now.

I love that they've added Gus now. And I like that they show you that him and Lydia were in a deal together for quite a long time. I like how they're tying it all in.

I do hope that we start having some guest spots from Hank. He was my favorite on Breaking Bad.

I like how the latest episode has set up what will be the beginning of why Hector winds up in such horrible shape in Breaking Bad.

Nacho is playing a very dangerous game that I feel is likely to cost him his life but I can certainly understand his reasoning for doing what he has to do.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No new episode this Memorial Day. :( I'm enjoying the marathon but was really looking forward to the next episode.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
No new episode this Memorial Day. :( I'm enjoying the marathon but was really looking forward to the next episode.
Same, Star :( Checked AMC this morning and saw it ended at episode 7 :(

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Hank. He was my favorite on Breaking Bad.
I've watched BB 3 times now. Complete overkill. Literally Jessie was the only character I could root for the 3rd time around. I was happy when Hank got killed, and wanted Skylar to die every episode she opened her mouth. Lol

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I've watched BB 3 times now. Complete overkill. Literally Jessie was the only character I could root for the 3rd time around. I was happy when Hank got killed, and wanted Skylar to die every episode she opened her mouth. Lol
You should check out Anna Gunn's Op-Ed for The NY Times (I believe it was the Times). Pretty interesting, she addresses the backlash she got from a lot of the fandom.

I watched it twice myself. As I have with many of the greats. ASAC Shrader is a boss

MileyDancer

Reaction score
You should check out Anna Gunn's Op-Ed for The NY Times (I believe it was the Times). Pretty interesting, she addresses the backlash she got from a lot of the fandom.

I watched it twice myself. As I have with many of the greats. ASAC Shrader is a boss
I'll check it out.
"They're MINERALS!"

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score