'Better Call Saul' - Season 2

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
He implicated himself in her death by taking no action. The difference in morality of his action and if he strangled her himself is nothing to the one witness that witnesses all... God.(if you believe in that sort of thing). As cruel as that was to do, even crueler was telling Jessie., IMO.

That was one of the worst things Walt did was tell Jessie at the end that he'd allowed her to die.

When Walter first did that I didn't blame him. She was bad news for both of them and could have gotten them both into a lot of trouble. Now it can be argued that it's ultimately Jessie's fault that she was bad for both of them because he got her off the wagon, or at least helped to facilitate that fact as it's ultimately her fault for allowing him to lead her there.

But Walt did that because Jessie tried to get him arrested. He felt betrayed by Jessie so he decided the best thing he could do at that moment was hurt Jessie the worst way he knew how.

The fact is though that Walt was right. if he let her live, even if they left like they were planning, they'd have blown right through the money in short time and would have been back to cause havoc.

That was one of those early moments when you got to see Walt really turning more and more ruthless. I loved the way they did that with the character. It wasn't over night, it wasn't one thing. It was a multiple amount of decisions and actions that slowly turned him into an incredibly ruthless person.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
By the time we were introduced to Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad, Jimmy had transformed quite a bit from the man we saw in season 1 of BCS. Now with season 3 rounding the bend to it's conclusion, we are seeing how that season 1 "Jimmy" became Breaking Bad's Saul. He still has a little ways to go though. Something still needs to happen to send him over the edge to the point of no return of James McGill. His malpractice insurance rates going up 150% is a good motivator to never be Jimmy, but still something happens to cleanly connect the world of Breaking Bad's Saul to Jimmy. What happens to Kim? She disappears from Saul Goodman's world and let's not forget Saul has a guy(Ed) that helps people disappear by relocating them and giving them new identities. Maybe Kim had a need to disappear, but what? Anyway, Francesca and Huell are now in the picture so Saul's people are coming together. We still haven't seen former Boston police officer Patrick Kuby who eventually becomes another of Saul's henchmen. And when did Saul Goodman become Gene, the balding Cinnabon manager?

Last edited:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
That was one of the worst things Walt did was tell Jessie at the end that he'd allowed her to die.

When Walter first did that I didn't blame him. She was bad news for both of them and could have gotten them both into a lot of trouble. Now it can be argued that it's ultimately Jessie's fault that she was bad for both of them because he got her off the wagon, or at least helped to facilitate that fact as it's ultimately her fault for allowing him to lead her there.

But Walt did that because Jessie tried to get him arrested. He felt betrayed by Jessie so he decided the best thing he could do at that moment was hurt Jessie the worst way he knew how.

The fact is though that Walt was right. if he let her live, even if they left like they were planning, they'd have blown right through the money in short time and would have been back to cause havoc.

That was one of those early moments when you got to see Walt really turning more and more ruthless. I loved the way they did that with the character. It wasn't over night, it wasn't one thing. It was a multiple amount of decisions and actions that slowly turned him into an incredibly ruthless person.

Great post.

Followed by..... "what I did... I did it for my family...

1. "I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really -- I was alive." (Walt to Skyler)

Finally, Walt admits what we, the viewers, have seen for years. His Heisenberg days may have started out for his family, but he kept going for himself. There were a number of times throughout the series Walt could have quit the business and had enough money to be set. But he didn't. With this line, it's almost as if Walt completes his journey from Mr. Chips to Scarface and then moves back a little bit toward the good man that he once was.

What'd we miss? Share your favorite lines from the Breaking Bad series finale in the comments.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
1) Walter didn't kill Jane, he just didn't save her when her own actions turned fatal in her sleep.

He did try to shake Jesse awake which nudged her enough so she rolled on her back, resulting in her choking on her own vomit. I don't know what amount of responsibility that leads to, but he did play a part in her death.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He did try to shake Jesse awake which nudged her enough so she rolled on her back, resulting in her choking on her own vomit. I don't know what amount of responsibility that leads to, but he did play a part in her death.
His responsibility was that of a good samaritan seeing a fellow human being in dire need. He shares responsibility for her death but he did not kill her but he certainly could have saved her, failing to do so was the epitome of Walt "Breaking Bad".

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Just saw the sneak peek of episode 8 that AMC just released on their .com site. Howard is such a jerk.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Since when can you use a metal detector to find arrowheads that are made of flint? Chuck seems to be trying to expedite a doctor documented recovery from his "illness". Good to see Saul's use of the back massager in Breaking Bad explained... and now he is a stuntman too. Nacho smooth with the pill switch. The reveal of how Mike and Gus got in business together was interesting.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Did episode 8 come out? I had to buy the season, and it hasn't appeared yet.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Great post.

Followed by..... "what I did... I did it for my family...

1. "I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really -- I was alive." (Walt to Skyler)

Finally, Walt admits what we, the viewers, have seen for years. His Heisenberg days may have started out for his family, but he kept going for himself. There were a number of times throughout the series Walt could have quit the business and had enough money to be set. But he didn't. With this line, it's almost as if Walt completes his journey from Mr. Chips to Scarface and then moves back a little bit toward the good man that he once was.

What'd we miss? Share your favorite lines from the Breaking Bad series finale in the comments.

Absolutely.

It was the absolute final piece to the complete transformation into the bad guy he'd become. In finally admitting what was painfully obvious for quite some time Walt did some what bring back a small part of the once good man he'd been.

Obviously he started out with the best of intentions. To make a lot of money to keep his money out of the debt that his cancer was going to create for them. But it became very clear, and not terribly far into the process, that it quickly that it was about far more then doing something for his family's financial future. The moment in the parking lot when the small timers are trying to deal in his area he makes it clear that it's about more then just making money for his family.

And that's before the dozens of times (At least it seems like there were at least that many) that he could have gotten out of the business, entirely, and completely free of any trouble and just kept choosing not to.