'Better Call Saul' - Season 2

rynochop

Reaction score
I've watched BB 3 times now. Complete overkill. Literally Jessie was the only character I could root for the 3rd time around. I was happy when Hank got killed, and wanted Skylar to die every episode she opened her mouth. Lol
Funny, Jessie bothered me for some reason, just that always depressed, pissed off at everything was annoying

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I've watched BB 3 times now. Complete overkill. Literally Jessie was the only character I could root for the 3rd time around. I was happy when Hank got killed, and wanted Skylar to die every episode she opened her mouth. Lol

Just curious but how could you possibly have wanted Hank to die?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Funny, Jessie bothered me for some reason, just that always depressed, pissed off at everything was annoying

I felt bad for him in a lot of ways but I couldn't ever feel totally horrible for him because dude you put yourself in these messes by being in the business you're in.

I also felt like it was really shaky, at best, that he'd just be so guilt stricken by everything at the end that he'd forget his part in absolutely everything. While Walt was a terrible person, more and more as the seasons went along, for Jessie to act like he was some sort of poor, misguided, misused Saint by the Evil Walter was hilarious to me.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

At first I initially felt really bad for her. For the situation that Walt has putting them in.

The moment she started sleeping with her boss though, and then was perfectly fine with illegally cooking books for him to save him, while acting all high and mighty about the illegal stuff Walt is doing, I absolutely soured on her character to the point that it could not be saved for me.

Even in the end I did not like her, didn't feel bad for her, and ultimately wanted her to die as well.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The actor that plays "Huell" seems to have lost a bit of weight since his Breaking Bad days. And now we know he came to the employment of Saul via Francesca. Having him sneak that battery in Chucks jacket breast pocket was pretty smooth.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Yes. Me too. He had tha hardcore white trash thing going on. He was so skinny.

The actor that plays "Huell" seems to have lost a bit of weight since his Breaking Bad days. And now we know he came to the employment of Saul via Francesca. Having him sneak that battery in Chucks jacket breast pocket was pretty smooth.

Ahhhhh... I didn't make that connection. Yes. Huell!

Just curious but how could you possibly have wanted Hank to die?

Agreed. That was some of the most devastating tv.... for me....

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I loved Jessie. One of most interesting characters and archs on the show. Sad to see so many that didn't like him :(

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I loved Jessie. One of most interesting characters and archs on the show. Sad to see so many that didn't like him :(
Jessie had a gray cloud that followed him everywhere he went. Look at the lives destroyed around him even when it was no fault of his. The women in his life die, his friends die, and even his close associates and co-workers die. I almost never liked Jessie but someone had to survive this series and I knew it wouldn't be Walter. The hell Jessie went through first losing Jane and then Andrea's little brother Brock and then Andrea and later being held captive and beaten regularly, it was all the price he paid for his sins. By the end I forgave him and was glad he was the survivor.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Jessie had a gray cloud that followed him everywhere he went. Look at the lives destroyed around him even when it was no fault of his. The women in his life die, his friends die, and even his close associates and co-workers die. I almost never liked Jessie but someone had to survive this series and I knew it wouldn't be Walter. The hell Jessie went through first losing Jane and then Andrea's little brother Brock and then Andrea and later being held captive and beaten regularly, it was all the price he paid for his sins. By the end I forgave him and was glad he was the survivor.
He went through mixed emotions throughout the series, and was clearly searching for his own identity from season 2 on.

Jane, it could be argued, was just as bad for him as he for her. A perfect storm of sorts. He had nothing to do with Brock and wanted to kill Heisenberg (as he was at that point) for what he had done.

I get what you're saying, that trouble followed him -- that he gravitated to it -- but it's what made his story more compelling for me. The way he struggled with himself and those around him, his trust in the wrong people, a very polarizing and well developed character whom I had the utmost sympathy for.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
He went through mixed emotions throughout the series, and was clearly searching for his own identity from season 2 on.

Jane, it could be argued, was just as bad for him as he for her. A perfect storm of sorts. He had nothing to do with Brock and wanted to kill Heisenberg (as he was at that point) for what he had done.

I get what you're saying, that trouble followed him -- that he gravitated to it -- but it's what made his story more compelling for me. The way he struggled with himself and those around him, his trust in the wrong people, a very polarizing and well developed character whom I had the utmost sympathy for.

Then the airplane crashing above Walter after he killed Jane... because the father was the air traffic controller.
That was eery.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Then the airplane crashing above Walter after he killed Jane... because the father was the air traffic controller.
That was eery.
1) Walter didn't kill Jane, he just didn't save her when her own actions turned fatal in her sleep.
2) Two airplanes collided midair above Albuquerque because the air traffic controller (Jane's dad) was distracted by his grief.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
1) Walter didn't kill Jane, he just didn't save her when her own actions turned fatal in her sleep.
2) Two airplanes collided midair above Albuquerque because the air traffic controller (Jane's dad) was distracted by his grief.
I think this can be debated either way, in all honesty, Star. He let her choke to death. I wonder if that is a crime?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think this can be debated either way, in all honesty, Star. He let her choke to death. I wonder if that is a crime?
It was immoral no doubt but when illegal activity happens without witness, it makes little difference in it's legality.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It was immoral no doubt but when illegal activity happens without witness, it makes little difference in it's legality.
I still say he killed her, imo. :)

As for the legality, that question was just an aside, not really pertaining to BB. I should have specified :)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I still say he killed her, imo. :)

As for the legality, that question was just an aside, not really pertaining to BB. I should have specified :)
He implicated himself in her death by taking no action. The difference in morality of his action and if he strangled her himself is nothing to the one witness that witnesses all... God.(if you believe in that sort of thing). As cruel as that was to do, even crueler was telling Jessie., IMO.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

1.) (snickering) but you get the gist of it

2.) I said as much.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

I liked him. A lot.

But I just didn't understand why his character was so whinny and why he wanted to act like everything bad was all Walt as if Jesse had never done anything bad, or made his own life bad through his own choices and miss steps. He didn't put nearly enough blame on himself for where they all wound up.

And even in the end, even after it was all said and done, Walt was loyal to Jesse and saved him at the end when he could have just left him to rot with those animals.