Twitter: Big day for Jaylon and Zeke

fivetwos

Reaction score
Most people would think I’d have a countdown calendar but it’s quite the opposite. The only time that loser crosses my mind is on game day and when I come on here. It’s like a living nightmare, just wake me up when it’s over.

The only good news about no football is I don’t have to look at his ewok look a like, mouth breathing, tapping out, diva, self spoon feeding idiotic gesturing, punk bully jerk face. Even took him off my avatar for that very reason.
Yeah I can't wait until little man is off my team as well.

Two years, then he can go back to Ohio and try to re invent his college fun.

Bengals would love to have him im sure.

What a waste of incredible talent......and cap space.

aria

Reaction score

The Browns would be a perfect landing spot for him. They already have a bunch of divas on that team, he would fit right in. Plus him on Odell are already bff’s, they could go shopping for purses and do all the drugs they want during the offseason together.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Releasing zeke this year will take the rest of our cap
Well, if you hate Zeke enough, and your love/hate for the team is strong enough, then sabotaging the season just to be able to celebrate our defeat is enough for some of our fans

Reactions: CWR

DuncanIso

Reaction score

#ZekeHate

Loso86

Reaction score
Well, if you hate Zeke enough, and your love/hate for the team is strong enough, then sabotaging the season just to be able to celebrate our defeat is enough for some of our fans
Clearly...sadly

CWR

Reaction score
Zeke is over paid, but I think he has a bit of a come back season this year. I expect him to be part of our success.

I don't have much expectations for Jaylon. Maybe we get some decent DTs and the new scheme helps. He really was fun to watch in 2018.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Precisely.

The newest phenomena is the thinking that Jaylon is some kind of proficient pass rusher. Jaylon is only effective if he’s trying time and shoot a gap untouched. Otherwise, any resistance by an offensive lineman has proven enough to stifle Jaylon.

Jaylon was a good blitzer in 2018. Pressures per rush were really high. He was better at a lot of things back then.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitJa05.htm

Jaylon was deemed a top 5 guy who we took a risk on. It looked like the risk was paying off in 2018. But his play has collapsed since then. I think it's the leg, and I've heard NFL guys obliquely refer to his leg too. Something ain't right, and it has him doing very weird things on the field to compensate. He's not the same guy as 2018, and this far out from his injury, I don't expect that to change. We had a brief reasonable hope that the risky pick would pay off. It didn't. It's not going to. Some people just don't want to see it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Any chance Jaylon is asked to take a paycut or is made a post June 1 cut?

No. It's over. I thought the deadline was tomorrow. Weird to have it on a Sunday.

Spotrac:
  • 2021 salary fully guarantees on the 5th league day of 2021 (3/21/21) (injury guaranteed now)
It's official. Jaylon is on the team for the year. Crawford 2.

yargh! It's not just the money, it's the snaps. It's the bad play, and it's keeping younger players off the field who need the snaps.

PROGRESS STOPPER.

RoboQB

Reaction score
No.

he’s one of the best players on the defense.

Per NFL stats.

"Oh yeah!?! Well, Duncan, you can take your stats, shine'em up real nice, turn'em
sideways, and shove'em right up your candy as....."
(cough)... uh hey Dunc, what's up dude? How's the fam damily?.... lol/jk

Kwyn

Reaction score
It’s funny how ridiculous the echo chamber around Jaylon here at CZ has become.

there are actually people here who would rather play with ten men than have Jaylon on the field.

People need to stop parroting the current Cowboy flavor of the month hate memes

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I think we have two different situations with these players and they are unfortunately getting lumped together. Zeke appears to be a selfish jerk, all the talent necessary to be elite but doesn't take advantage of the opportunity, even after he got his money.
Jaylon is a great guy with work class athleticism, but is just a so so football player. I don't think Jaylon had done anything to earn what this fans does to him. His celebration has become stupid though as he lowers the bar on when to do it since he doesn't make enough big plays.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Elliott is capable of being the best player on the team if he wanted it badly enough.

I dont know how to explain the other guy by a longshot....although the player we need him to be is in there somewhere....and I dont think its a lack of effort on his part at all.
This team is only going to go as far as Prescott takes it. Elliotts been a disaster that’s why we’ve been in such turmoil since we Drafted him other than his first season. Yeah he could get his head on straight. But only him push the ball in the ground only him trips on his own ego and a goal line and fumbles. He’s alone has put us in a lot of tough situations

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it’s better to pay top dollar to watch mediocrity that I can expect from a late to UDFA?
Let's give him another season.....hopefully Dak and the O-line are healthy.

Try to cheer on your team if you can. He's not going anywhere this year anyway. Make the best of it.