Twitter: Big Mac’s record in December

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Impressive. Here’s hoping he pads this already impressive stat.

I'd like to be optimistic about this coach working out though I have to say he hasn't impressed me with anything other than co-signing on the Jones' hiring of Dan Quinn. What I really expected from him was some QB development expertise as well as some offensive guru magic,,,, now would be a great time to show those skills off.

plasticman

Reaction score
Hmmmm he lost....happens, but he got there.
Wish that could happen to us even if we do end up losing....
No you don't. It's the worse feeling in the world.

Even if you lose the Super Bowl at least you got there. Your team played in the "last game". Your team will be remembered and they are still champions of half the league.

Losing a conference championship means you had a great season, came so far, and then lost the game that was the final step to your dream.

Losing the NFC championship game to the Commanders was far worse than losing the 1970 and 1975 Super Bowls

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No you don't. It's the worse feeling in the world.

Even if you lose the Super Bowl at least you got there. Your team played in the "last game". Your team will be remembered and they are still champions of half the league.

Losing a conference championship means you had a great season, came so far, and then lost the game that was the final step to your dream.

Losing the NFC championship game to the Football Team was far worse than losing the 1970 and 1975 Super Bowls

Better than one and done......

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Please list all the non star QB’s that Lombardi, Landry Noll, Walsh, Jimmy Johnson,Sean Payton and Belicheck won super bowls with before you pull the lazy, “he had Rodgers at QB” BS.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
2 hall of fame QBs will do that for ya. Even if you have no idea how to manage a clock.

LMAO!

MM can manage a clock. Has any of these so called mismanagement's lost us the game? We hit the FG's every time. Even when the kicker isn't hitting PAT's.

He's got information we don't and a HC isn't just going to tell us everything just because the media asks him.

MM's even been criticized about how he's mismanaging injuries, practice time and player reps.

He's too aggressive. Now, he's too conservative offensively. We're winning and got off a slump and have momentum.

But we're 10-4 and could easily be 12-2. Even better, we're almost 100% healthy and have 3 more games to fight for the # 1 seed.

If that's HC mismanagement. I'll happily take it.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Someone asked about January.

Big Mike is 10-8 in that month.
He has coached teams to the NFC Championship 4 times in 14 years.
I'm betting on him making it 5 times in 15 years.
And hopefully a 2nd Super Bowl victory.

Exactly! Not to mention the playoffs 80% + in his HC career.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
If fans think this team didn't know who they wanted to be the HC once they decided to transition from Garrett, they're wrong.

Furthermore, MM could have gotten a gig right after GB was over. He didn't because he was waiting for certain opportunities. He was working away in his own way. He wasn't tired. Was already putting a coaching staff together. OK, other than Quinn (who, wasn't available last year anyways), who isn't on his staff this year? KM is this organizations guy, MM was cool with it.

The first half of the year everyone was worried about keeping Kellen Moore. Does everyone really think if Kellen Moore (Jerry and Dak's guy) leaves MM, wouldn't know what to do?

Nolan stunk. MM wanted T/O's first and foremost out of what he knew would be a rebuilding defense with holdover contracts. He got rid of Nolan and Quinn wouldn't coach and embrace a DC opportunity for just any coach. So here we are.

I can't believe how much this guy gets bagged on and how he is not even HC of the year candidate? We were 6-10 last year and our backup QB even missed games. We had injuries across the board.

I don't even know how we won 6 games last year.

Now we're a SB contender, have a HC who works well with the organization and clearly has first say on his players and staff and now he's just this clock mismanagement HC?

Dallas Cowboys fandom baby!

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Problem this era is we have done reasonably well on the most part when we haven’t had 1st place schedule . Unfortunately besides winning the division we haven’t of course gone further than divisional round.

And we have failed to follow up the following season with another division title or playoff appearance when we have 1st place schedule.

I think the challenge for McCarthy is building a more consistent contender here year in and year out with consecutive playoff appearances increasing our chances of eventually breaking the door down.

This one shot every 3 or 4 years hadn’t worked out for us.

Last edited: