Biggest FA acquisition for Dallas should be WR Travis Benjamin

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't get the Travis Benjamin love. Seems like a nice WR but not someone that I would list as the biggest acquisition we could make.

conner01

Reaction score
Rather add a CB but not sure any good ones will actually hit the market
Don't see them spending on a free agent WR after signing dez
Teams generally limit the cap space per position. That's why you want see an OT taken at 4 if the top one falls. Too much money on the oline means less money other places
Same with WR, I could see them drafting one but not signing any with more than
Min type contracts

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Defense in FA.

Good day, sir.

Spent my like on RS12 but here's a thumps up....
sarcastic-thumbs-up.jpg

Aven8

Reaction score
Super Mario and the English Crawford, and 1 vet WR for me please.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's Weddle, and a second-tier DL to replace Mincey. Weddle because we'll have two S out of contract after next season and no time to develop an option unless we take one in the first two picks. Mincey's replacement because we can't go into a draft with what we've got on the roster right now at DE.

I think we'd look at WR2, if the right one were there, but they always get overpaid. I think Forte makes sense here. I think Chase Daniels or Colt McCoy make sense. And I think we'd be interested in a premium player at CB or at DE if one were legitimately available, but that's unlikely to happen.

Beyond that, this team uses FA to plug holes and to sign our own. We focus on the draft. Hardy was an exceptional situation last year, and it's not likely to happen again. We'll just quietly cover our bases and focus on building a young depth if we can.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think it's Weddle, and a second-tier DL to replace Mincey.

I would be very happy with Weddle. But since he is a veteran, an older successful one with a track record, I think we shy away.

We seem to be allergic to those kind of acquisitions.

Must be a Judd thing.

RandyOh

Reaction score
I think it's Weddle, and a second-tier DL to replace Mincey. Weddle because we'll have two S out of contract after next season and no time to develop an option unless we take one in the first two picks. Mincey's replacement because we can't go into a draft with what we've got on the roster right now at DE.

I think we'd look at WR2, if the right one were there, but they always get overpaid. I think Forte makes sense here. I think Chase Daniels or Colt McCoy make sense. And I think we'd be interested in a premium player at CB or at DE if one were legitimately available, but that's unlikely to happen.

Beyond that, this team uses FA to plug holes and to sign our own. We focus on the draft. Hardy was an exceptional situation last year, and it's not likely to happen again. We'll just quietly cover our bases and focus on building a young depth if we can.

i agree. a free agent like Weddle, Derrick Johnson, or Brandon Mebane is the biggest name defensive players i can see us realistically going after. I think Forte picks Pats or Packs. Maybe Joique bell as a #2 back? power back to use on short yardage situations.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would be very happy with Weddle. But since he is a veteran, an older successful one with a track record, I think we shy away.

We seem to be allergic to those kind of acquisitions.

Must be a Judd thing.

He'd be my top target, probably. He seems like a player we'd like, actually. And we do practice with the Chargers every summer and seem to have connections with them.

Branden Oliver's another of their players I wish were available. Not that that has anything to do with anything, I just think of him whenever I think of the Chargers.