Biggest FA acquisition for Dallas should be WR Travis Benjamin

RandyOh

Reaction score
I think he is saying in order for us to be an above .500 team, we can't be basically made or broke off of Dez's health, and I agree.

If Dez were to get hurt, we need to still be able to win with other guys and not become a shell of ourselves on offense.

We have enough of real injury concerned players in Romo, Sean Lee, Demarcus Lawrence, doug Free, Darren McFadden just to name a few that come to mind to start making Dez getting injured a huge thing. And I get where your coming from but we have so many holes that need filled that I don't see a reason to use a nice chunk of our cap space on a insurance player for Dez. Can find a nice depth WR on day 3 with this deep WR class. Or we can wait till roster cuts and get a vet player. Worked for the Packs.

td4mvp2k

Reaction score
I was big on getting Boldin while back but it seems a return to Baltimore is what he will most likely do.
i don't see the Ravens as a PO team next yr if that's what hes looking for and also think the boys can get him for half of what he made with the niners to

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Dez is all of a sudden a player we can't trust to stay healthy anymore? Lord.

He doesn't have a history of injuries but this is the NFL and every player goes thru minor bumps and bruises. What we have seen is that if Dez comes out for a few series for whatever reason, the passing game struggles.

Let's face it. The Cowboys WRs outside of Dez are average at best according to NFL standards. The Cowboys need him to be on the field, but in order for the Cowboys to be successful on the offensive side of the ball, they need to bring in WRs that can take the load off of Dez. Right now the Cowboys don't have any pass catchers that can do that.

RandyOh

Reaction score
He doesn't have a history of injuries but this is the NFL and every player goes thru minor bumps and bruises. What we have seen is that if Dez comes out for a few series for whatever reason, the passing game struggles.

Let's face it. The Cowboys WRs outside of Dez are average at best according to NFL standards. The Cowboys need him to be on the field, but in order for the Cowboys to be successful on the offensive side of the ball, they need to bring in WRs that can take the load off of Dez. Right now the Cowboys don't have any pass catchers that can do that.

True. Depth is always great but we have so many holes that I don't feel using a good chunk of our cap on WR in free agency is needed. Our front 7 on defense is a mess, our secondary is a mess, we need some players behind McFadden because he is the only true running back currently on the roster, Keller Moore is back up qb.

Draft a WR on day 3. I personally feel we can walk away with a top 5 receiver in Demarcus Robinson in the 6th round due to off field issues. I know people want us to shy away but hey its 6th round. Can also add depth with a vet player after roster cuts. We have much bigger needs right now.