Biggest slap in the face-Front Office

phildadon86

Reaction score
Been following and watching this team religiously for longer than I care to admit.

What has transpired since the GB debacle has been nothing short of a travesty.

For an owner/GM to come out and say we are going all in. Disregarding the future, and bringing other players in, to then do absolutely nothing is the biggest slap in the face to this fan base I can recall.

If the plan is to let Dak play out his contract. You dont just throw away a year. You sit him down and say "We arent paying you, waive your NTC or ride the bench the rest of the year."

What they are currently doing is giving the finger to the entire fan base. All coaches on a 1 year deal, QB who they arent even talking to, and to top it all off you come out and say you are waiting on agents and players to call you?

How can anyone even defend this front office at this point? How? The rest of the division, nevermind league has gotten better over the last 2 days. And its radio silence from the front office.

Not only this but they have already telegraphed to the entire league that they are drafting for need not BPA. And to top that off, they have told everyone they love Brooks. This offseason has been horrendous.

The worst part about it is. I think Jerry really wanted to fire McCarthy, but Stephen stepped in and said not to. So now Jerry is being petty and we are all paying the price. This is obviously my opinion but someone else please explain this logically.

Then you have the owner and his son talking about culture not being a problem, but current players with expiring contracts commenting on ex teammates "securing the bag" with other teams.

What a joke.

phildadon86

Reaction score
This is all being done to rid the team of Dak one way or another.

Everything happening right now will be worth it.
No it wont. They are throwing away a year.

Trade him. Force him to accept a trade of bench him. At least show the fan base the plan. Regardless of what you think of Dak. He would net you some first round picks.

ArtClink

Reaction score
This is all being done to rid the team of Dak one way or another.

Everything happening right now will be worth it.
Until we see an nfc championship game again (remember those?), the front office will remain one of the worst from a fan's bottom line playoff wins is concerned. Almost 30 years and no deep playoff run and you are speculating that this FO is doing a good job in the offseason? I've got swamp land for sale if you're interested.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Been following and watching this team religiously for longer than I care to admit.

For an owner/GM to come out and say we are going all in. Disregarding the future, and bringing other players in, to then do absolutely nothing is the biggest slap in the face to this fan base I can recall.

If the plan is to let Dak play out his contract. You dont just throw away a year. You sit him down and say "We arent paying you, waive your NTC or ride the bench the rest of the year."

What they are currently doing is giving the finger to the entire fan base. All coaches on a 1 year deal, QB who they arent even talking to, and to top it all off you come out and say you are waiting on agents and players to call you?

How can anyone even defend this front office at this point? How? The rest of the division, nevermind league has gotten better over the last 2 days. And its radio silence from the front office.

Not only this but they have already telegraphed to the entire league that they are drafting for need not BPA. And to top that off, they have told everyone they love Brooks. This offseason has been horrendous.

The worst part about it is. I think Jerry really wanted to fire McCarthy, but Stephen stepped in and said not to. So now Jerry is being petty and we are all paying the price. This is obviously my opinion but someone else please explain this logically.

Then you have the owner and his son talking about culture not being a problem, but current players with expiring contracts commenting on ex teammates "securing the bag" with other teams.

What a joke.
They are marketing people.

They don’t know how to build a winning football team.

Go from giving 90 million to Elliott to claiming you can’t afford 2 years 8 million to Moss, or 2/18 to Henry.

Why? Because you know you’re going to get killed again by Todd France?

What’s the end game here?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You arent getting it.

Trading Dak is the best option. Not watching him fail again and getting nothing in return.

At least benching him you set yourself up for a high draft pick.
Benching Dak is the dumbest thing you can do. Trade him if you want to get rid of him.

Shannon1

Reaction score

What a joke.
Totally agree

ArtClink

Reaction score
You arent getting it.

Trading Dak is the best option. Not watching him fail again and getting nothing in return.

Jerry is the problem not Dak, not Romo, not a coordinator. Put a better QB on this team and they will fail in the playoffs. At least if you have observed the past 28 seasons and how Jerry runs this team.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
I agree. I've never felt so disrespected as a fan till this year. Years past it would happen but not as blatant as this. This is just uncalled for. I might be moving on from this team honestly it's been a long 25 years

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You arent getting it.

They can't trade Dak without his permission.

Does he seem like the type to help out the Cowboys?

Bench him? Pay him for nothing? He would love that.