Biggest slap in the face-Front Office

infamousstyles

Reaction score
I don't trust this FO to do anything right regardless if Dak is here or not. No accountability means business as usual. 100% believe that we have the worse FO in the league and it's not even close.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He has a no trade clause and even if he didn't, nobody is going to give you anything for a guy making 59 million this year.....

I've said it numerous times since the season ended.....this is the plan for the Cowboys

2024 - run it back...all coaches on one year deals
2025 - bye bye Dak, new coaches, cut aging vets, cap hell
2026 - rebuild begins
If the 2026 part includes Jerry and his kid running it, no need to bother.

If by miracle chance they get it right, they have already proven they will refuse to do what’s necessary to get things over the top while other GMs are aggressively trying to win.

They don’t get it, and think too much of themselves to figure they could possibly be wrong.

Somehow they continue to profit off what this team had done 30-50 years ago.

I’ll be gone soon and they are making it much easier than I thought it could have been.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it wont. They are throwing away a year.

Trade him. Force him to accept a trade of bench him. At least show the fan base the plan. Regardless of what you think of Dak. He would net you some first round picks.
In your world not the real NFL.
No team with the $ Dak and Todd want is giving a # 1 pick for Daktrash.
Jeez is beating D.C. and the Giants so impressive for you?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I’m for him being gone but just not with losing him for nothing it’s moronic.
What do you suggest they do when he has a no trade clause?

The only person that decides if the Cowboys get anything for Dak is Dak. That's the only leverage he has over Jerry.

If Jerry doesn't care and just wants him gone then Dak's leverage there means squat.

Sydla

Reaction score
So, you’re suggesting that the Dallas Cowboys are going to blatantly tank an entire season after winning the division and telegraph it before camp even starts?
Stranger things have happened.

I mean, as you said, they are a divisional winning team that clearly could stand to improve their roster and they have done literally nothing this offseason to make the club better. They kept the coach. They haven't resigned anyone of note. They only restructured Martin because they needed to be under the cap by start of league year.

At this point, any explanation might be plausible.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Vikings would have. Atlanta would have. Raiders always do dumb things.
Viking didn't want to pay Cousins at his money, that's why they moved on from him, why would they want to pay Dak even more for essentially the same quarterback.

Atlanta just signed Cousins, so they're not

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Been following and watching this team religiously for longer than I care to admit.

What has transpired since the GB debacle has been nothing short of a travesty.

For an owner/GM to come out and say we are going all in. Disregarding the future, and bringing other players in, to then do absolutely nothing is the biggest slap in the face to this fan base I can recall.

If the plan is to let Dak play out his contract. You dont just throw away a year. You sit him down and say "We arent paying you, waive your NTC or ride the bench the rest of the year."

What they are currently doing is giving the finger to the entire fan base. All coaches on a 1 year deal, QB who they arent even talking to, and to top it all off you come out and say you are waiting on agents and players to call you?

How can anyone even defend this front office at this point? How? The rest of the division, nevermind league has gotten better over the last 2 days. And its radio silence from the front office.

Not only this but they have already telegraphed to the entire league that they are drafting for need not BPA. And to top that off, they have told everyone they love Brooks. This offseason has been horrendous.

The worst part about it is. I think Jerry really wanted to fire McCarthy, but Stephen stepped in and said not to. So now Jerry is being petty and we are all paying the price. This is obviously my opinion but someone else please explain this logically.

Then you have the owner and his son talking about culture not being a problem, but current players with expiring contracts commenting on ex teammates "securing the bag" with other teams.

What a joke.
My sentiments exactly! I've never been so down on an offseason than any other year. When I saw all the top RBs come off the FA List, I had an empty pit in my stomach. Actually stopped working out at gym. I love this team too much. I took up for Jerry, but Jerry only worry about Jerry and his pockets. This is going to be a rebuilding year what them believing it's going to be a rebuilding year. Now we HAVE to draft for a RB when we need a LT, C, DE, LBs. I wish they would sell the team that knows how to balance their pockets with winning. Hopefully, if the stadium gets only 75% full, it would send a clear message to the Joneses. But....I'm sure that's wishful thinking on my part.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Stranger things have happened.

I mean, as you said, they are a divisional winning team that clearly could stand to improve their roster and they have done literally nothing this offseason to make the club better. They kept the coach. They haven't resigned anyone of note. They only restructured Martin because they needed to be under the cap by start of league year.

At this point, any explanation might be plausible.
If you aren’t good enough, and can’t improve due to the cap, a different approach would seem quite logical.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
:laugh:People think overpaying for FAs will change our fortunes. Nothing is going to matter as long as Jones is running the show. He could have signed 5 guys to 9 figure deals the last 2 days, we'd be no closer to the super bowl.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Been following and watching this team religiously for longer than I care to admit.

What has transpired since the GB debacle has been nothing short of a travesty.

For an owner/GM to come out and say we are going all in. Disregarding the future, and bringing other players in, to then do absolutely nothing is the biggest slap in the face to this fan base I can recall.

If the plan is to let Dak play out his contract. You dont just throw away a year. You sit him down and say "We arent paying you, waive your NTC or ride the bench the rest of the year."

What they are currently doing is giving the finger to the entire fan base. All coaches on a 1 year deal, QB who they arent even talking to, and to top it all off you come out and say you are waiting on agents and players to call you?

How can anyone even defend this front office at this point? How? The rest of the division, nevermind league has gotten better over the last 2 days. And its radio silence from the front office.

Not only this but they have already telegraphed to the entire league that they are drafting for need not BPA. And to top that off, they have told everyone they love Brooks. This offseason has been horrendous.

The worst part about it is. I think Jerry really wanted to fire McCarthy, but Stephen stepped in and said not to. So now Jerry is being petty and we are all paying the price. This is obviously my opinion but someone else please explain this logically.

Then you have the owner and his son talking about culture not being a problem, but current players with expiring contracts commenting on ex teammates "securing the bag" with other teams.

What a joke.
I agree. 2024 is a complete throw-away and they should have approached Dak in a way he and agent understood that it would be beneficial to waive his NTC since the team has decided to go in another direction, Maybe they have relayed the message, but I doubt it.

I disagree only in how you interpreted the all-in statement from Jerry. I honestly think Jerry said the quickest thing that came to mind to "reach" the fans, before really thinking it through. Im probably wrong but I have 10 consecutive years of the team doing absolutely nothing in free agency as my proof. An old stubborn man like Jerry doesn't quickly and off the cuff change his ways.

Everything else, I agree with you.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly
I look at this as fresh air
It's not normal Jerry
Maybe some Jimmy influence?

Chasing6

Reaction score
No it wont. They are throwing away a year.

Trade him. Force him to accept a trade of bench him. At least show the fan base the plan. Regardless of what you think of Dak. He would net you some first round picks.
They have zero power to force Dak to do anything. It will not only be a waste of a year, but more like several, as they have no future QB in place.

Staubacher

Reaction score
This is all being done to rid the team of Dak one way or another.

Everything happening right now will be worth it.
No it's not. You want to believe that. So do I. But Jerrah ain't cutting Dak loose. Brace yourself for disappointment.