Biggest slap in the face-Front Office

Brax

Reaction score
This is all being done to rid the team of Dak one way or another.

Everything happening right now will be worth it.
Don’t believe it’s Jerry’s intent to get rid of Dak. This is just the keeping them relevant part of the equation. Dak will be extended unfortunately and Jerry will Jerry speak about his brilliance as a GM in locking up Dak long term. This is just business as usual for the jones boys. Look son everyone is talking about us.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is all being done to rid the team of Dak one way or another.

Everything happening right now will be worth it.
How does this rid the team of Dak any more, or faster, than just not giving him an extension?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
You arent getting it.

Trading Dak is the best option. Not watching him fail again and getting nothing in return.

At least benching him you set yourself up for a high draft pick.
He has a no trade clause and even if he didn't, nobody is going to give you anything for a guy making 59 million this year.....

I've said it numerous times since the season ended.....this is the plan for the Cowboys

2024 - run it back...all coaches on one year deals
2025 - bye bye Dak, new coaches, cut aging vets, cap hell
2026 - rebuild begins

phildadon86

Reaction score
He has a no trade clause and even if he didn't, nobody is going to give you anything for a guy making 59 million this year.....

I've said it numerous times since the season ended.....this is the plan for the Cowboys

2026 - rebuild begins
He would be signing a new deal with his new team.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score

2026 - rebuild begins
Ready by 2030 to compete baby!

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Been following and watching this team religiously for longer than I care to admit.

What has transpired since the GB debacle has been nothing short of a travesty.

For an owner/GM to come out and say we are going all in. Disregarding the future, and bringing other players in, to then do absolutely nothing is the biggest slap in the face to this fan base I can recall.

If the plan is to let Dak play out his contract. You dont just throw away a year. You sit him down and say "We arent paying you, waive your NTC or ride the bench the rest of the year."

What they are currently doing is giving the finger to the entire fan base. All coaches on a 1 year deal, QB who they arent even talking to, and to top it all off you come out and say you are waiting on agents and players to call you?

How can anyone even defend this front office at this point? How? The rest of the division, nevermind league has gotten better over the last 2 days. And its radio silence from the front office.

Not only this but they have already telegraphed to the entire league that they are drafting for need not BPA. And to top that off, they have told everyone they love Brooks. This offseason has been horrendous.

The worst part about it is. I think Jerry really wanted to fire McCarthy, but Stephen stepped in and said not to. So now Jerry is being petty and we are all paying the price. This is obviously my opinion but someone else please explain this logically.

Then you have the owner and his son talking about culture not being a problem, but current players with expiring contracts commenting on ex teammates "securing the bag" with other teams.

What a joke.
I said this in another thread, i believe in next few years if we do not win a championship you will see the DallasCowboys sold for 15b+ and the jones will take the money and run and be spectators. Jerry 1 foot in the grave, Stephen know's he's not a football guy and does not want to do this much longer, he's 60+ and wants to retire. the rest of the kids and grandkids could not do it Jerry way. so he will sell it. This is their way of keeping the team relevant & making money until someone will come with a offer big enough to entice the Jones to sell. 15B / 3. thats 5 billion for each kid and there offspring + what else they have made in the past. They are riding out this year with current coaches, will can them all in offseason. Bring in Big Bill for 4 years they will fail and he will sell the team.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you suggest that pay Dak 60 million next year to go away AND be very active in free agency?
He won't be owed $60 Million next year (dead cap with be $14 million next year), and what he is owed is the same whether the team sucks this year or not.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Benching him gives you a top 5 pick. And gives you some leverage back. Its more to force a trade.
So, you’re suggesting that the Dallas Cowboys are going to blatantly tank an entire season after winning the division and telegraph it before camp even starts?

phildadon86

Reaction score
So, you’re suggesting that the Dallas Cowboys are going to blatantly tank an entire season after winning the division and telegraph it before camp even starts?
They are telegraphing everythings else.