Biggest slap in the face-Front Office

tm1119

Reaction score
I wonder how many owners would switch places with Jerry and own a team worth 9.2 billion dollars? Only a hard-core fan would do that. Who would you guys consider a current owner that is a hard core fan? I don't follow the owners enough to know....kinda curious, now.
Why would it take a hardcore fan? The Cowboys are a litteral money printing machine. If the team were ever to go up for sale (unfortunately it won’t) there would be a long line of billionaires trying to buy it.
I would imagine most sports franchise owners aren’t actual fans. Others are just smart enough to get out of the way and let other people do the job of running the team.

jujoboys

Reaction score
No it wont. They are throwing away a year.

Trade him. Force him to accept a trade of bench him. At least show the fan base the plan. Regardless of what you think of Dak. He would net you some first round picks.
If they are truly looking to trade Dak then I believe trading him after June 1st works better from a CAP stand point. Of course, by waiting until June 1st you lower the draft capital you could get for him. This is how I believe it would work based on what is your priority.

Maximize draft picks and draft capital - Trade Dak prior to the 2024 Draft this April
Maximize CAP Space - Trade him after June 1 and if you are going to do that then you may as well designate DLaw, Gallup, and Cooks as June 1st cuts to load up on CAP space

plymkr

Reaction score
No it wont. They are throwing away a year.

Trade him. Force him to accept a trade of bench him. At least show the fan base the plan. Regardless of what you think of Dak. He would net you some first round picks.
This actually would be great. If his contract demands are 60-65 million then say no. Then give him the option of trade or be the backup to Trey.

Dak could easily fleece the Vikings for 60 million and we could get a 1st for him. Maybe more. Dak has shown he’s not the guy in the playoffs or against playoff teams. Trey can lose to playoff teams for a fraction of the cost and we’d be building for the future. If we’re going to throw this season away then let’s get as many draft picks as possible because our front office stubbornly adds players through the draft and ignores FA.

plymkr

Reaction score
They can't trade Dak without his permission.

Does he seem like the type to help out the Cowboys?

Bench him? Pay him for nothing? He would love that.
I respectfully disagree. Sitting on the bench as the backup would hurt his market value in the future. It won’t kill his market value but no player has ever benefited from sitting out a year. I feel Dak would wave his NTC if Jerry played hardball and made him the emergency QB or made him a weekly healthy scratch. Remember Jerry is a vindictive man and he’s willing to sacrifice wins for his ego. If Dak pushes him too much and injures Jerry’s ego then Dak will lose. This is the actual scenario I am rooting for. Jerry and Dak get into a peeing contest, Jerry gets butthurt, Dak gets benched and both of them look terrible and get embarrassed. In the meantime the team quietly rebuilds under the radar. It would be a win for the fans.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree with you but I'm keeping my eye on the draft. They can still do exactly what you are saying, but only before the draft. I happen to think they are sending Dak and France a message. Remember Jerry threw out the first marker last week when he said they didn't need Dak's extension to field a competitive team. Yes, he was talking to the public it was an obvious laser message to Dak and France.

I think Jerry could be putting on his old-school gloves to play hardball and that could be what we are seeing. IMO what happens between now and the draft will be telling and that's putting it mile.

BTW ......IF and big IF it comes to trade, what team(s) would be likely trade partners? I'm thinking Vikes, Seahawks, Titans, Raiders, Saints
That is dumb GM Jeruh playing games and being unprofessional as usual. That does not need to be made public. Those conversations or negotiations take place in private.

Dak and his agent are taking the high road and have not responded in public and they don't need to. They were happy with the contract that they signed and are willing to honor it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Because if this was the normal Jerry, he would have signed dak to an extension months ago. Used all the cap space to keep starters and add 1 or 2
Yup.

Dak over Dallas fans are desperately trying to spin this as how Jerry acts every year.

Jerry doesn't do much during most off-seasons, but he never does nothing at all.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would it take a hardcore fan? The Cowboys are a litteral money printing machine. If the team were ever to go up for sale (unfortunately it won’t) there would be a long line of billionaires trying to buy it.
I would imagine most sports franchise owners aren’t actual fans. Others are just smart enough to get out of the way and let other people do the job of running the team.
Didn't answer my question, but I appreciate the effort

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
If people are dumb enough to pay to go watch that clown show it's their problem. Stop wasting your money on this team, they're not worth it.

If it helps getting rid of the fraud I'd be fine with a 0-17 record next season.

MikeT22

Reaction score
This is all being done to rid the team of Dak one way or another.

Everything happening right now will be worth it.
Not really. I know Dak isn’t going to take us further, but I also know that Dumb and Dumber Jones boys have no idea how to build a team nor desire to build a championship team.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
What we need is for the news media to just STHU about the Cowboys. make them irrelevant. When the ole Crypt Keeper turns on ESPN or FS1....he hears nobody talking about him or Dallas.....He's just the same loser owner/GM as the Titans owner or Atlanta owner is. Where like them. He's not even worth talking about. A football nobody IMO......Why talk about a guy whose been a loser for 28 years.....Screw Jones!!!!