Bijan: If he's there you HAVE to take him

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Taking RBs with the 4th overall pick is foolish, no matter who the RB is.
We are sitting at 26, and it is not foolish to take a talented RB at that point.
Maybe, again he needs to be far and away the best player you can get, again the DE they have slotted to us would be be a 10 year player if he works out...an RB is still a 3 to 5 year player IF he works out. Then you get into whats the diference between production with that RB compared to the other 10 drafted after?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Maybe, again he needs to be far and away the best player you can get, again the DE they have slotted to us would be be a 10 year player if he works out...an RB is still a 3 to 5 year player IF he works out. Then you get into whats the diference between production with that RB compared to the other 10 drafted after?
5th year option always has to also be included in the evaluation.

btcutter

Reaction score
No TB is going to put the Cowboys over the top. Again, people are acting like Robinson is this once in a generation talent like a Randy Moss and that’s just not the case.
Not everyone. People like the value he offers at pick #26. I wouldn't like his value in the top 10.
But at draft time it is all about what's available at #26 when you are on the clock and what trade offers that's being made.

Is there a single player (outside QB) in the draft who will put the Cowboys over the top in this draft? Draft picks are just building pieces.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I mean its pretty safe to say your not giving him a second contract though, I just dont see burning 1st round picks on a 3 to 5 year position...
I hear you.
At 26, (or about 1/3 the value of the #4 overall we spent on Zeke) I wouldn't mind it as much.

But we gave our RB the franchise tag, so I really dont see us taking a RB in Rd1
That would be a first for any team, I think.

btcutter

Reaction score
Need to also consider the bust rate of drafting DE at #26. I am certain it's much higher than RB. Need to take that into consideration as well. In the 1st round you like a sure thing if possible.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Arcane is smaller than Pollard and just a bit bigger than Turpin. He may not hold up.
Yep certainly not someone I’d rely on every down but as an A&M fan I can say dude is a legitimate threat every time he touches the ball and wouldn’t be but a day two pick imo

DFWJC

Reaction score
If the Eagles want him, and think Dallas does also, they will just jump over the Cowboys and take him.
The Eagles have a much earlier pick as well

Like us, they let a key RB walk.
But unlike us, they did not franchise a returning RB.
They seem more likely to take him than Dallas

bewp7

Reaction score
eagles not stupid enough to take a rb in the 1st rd

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
This is the best way I've heard it described:

"if you draft a running back high, you're hoping to get your rush offense from like -0.03 epa/play to -0.01. it also emboldens you to use less of the play type that averages +0.15 epa"

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep certainly not someone I’d rely on every down but as an A&M fan I can say dude is a legitimate threat every time he touches the ball and wouldn’t be but a day two pick imo
He could replace Turpin in the return game, and then an option at RB. Then it leaves a roster spot open for a WR that can actually contribute.
So I am not against drafting him.

Sydla

Reaction score
Those guys aren't better at their positions then Bijan is at his. Especially the quarterbacks
Yes they are.

And further no position is more dependent on other players than a TB. If he has a shoddy OL, he’s likely going to be ineffective.

A guy like Carter at DT or Anderson at DE are game changers. Robinson is not IMO.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
No problem with Robinson at 26. Mazi and Bresee intrigue me there too. I would think if they go with Ika it would be after trading down. Same with Avila