Bijan: If he's there you HAVE to take him

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Well, no.....but it's the loss of an opportunity to draft a more important position with a 1st rd pick.

If u want to get the ground game pumping and stabilized....draft the Northwestern OT or Georgia OT, even if we play them at guard for a year or two. Build the line, with guys that will be here for a decade....so that the running lanes are bigger, an lesser backs will still have success.

Asset allocation is as much about what u spend limited high picks on, as what u spend money on. It's not like I'm just pulling this out of thin air....almost all GMs now are acting on this principle. Just want Jerruh and Fredo to catch up, or at least hire someone smarter than them.
Isn't the best option to draft bpa? There isn't a better player in this draft.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Huh? Elliots' contract absolutely has and is coming with impact. That $ could have brought in one or two additional good starters last year, this year, and next year.
Has dallas given you any reason to believe they didn't get what they wanted? They still got 19.5 mil what more does a team want? They've re-signed the players they wanted back and gotten the fas they wanted. Maybe you're just mad they didn't get the guys you wanted. Cause I'm sure they got the ones they wanted

T-RO

Reaction score
Has dallas given you any reason to believe they didn't get what they wanted?

Absolutely!
-Last season we had to let go Cooper and a starting guard. Zeke cost us $18 mil
-This season we lose Schultz and a starting guard ($10 mil Zeke dead cap would have changed that)
-Next season we still owe Zeke $6 mil in dead cap and that's the price of a quality lineman in '24

Zeke contract killed

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Eagles have two picks:
10th plus their own at 31.
I understand but currently they need serious help in the defensive line and have no starting safety on the roster. They definitely could take him but I have a feeling they are going defensive heavy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Taking RBs with the 4th overall pick is foolish, no matter who the RB is.
We are sitting at 26, and it is not foolish to take a talented RB at that point.
Boils down to first round grades on players, by the Cowboys.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Absolutely!
-Last season we had to let go Cooper and a starting guard. Zeke cost us $18 mil
-This season we lose Schultz and a starting guard ($10 mil Zeke dead cap would have changed that)
-Next season we still owe Zeke $6 mil in dead cap and that's the price of a quality lineman in '24

Zeke contract killed
Wrong, Dallas didn't want Cooper anymore. Well Jerry didn't. Cooper said he was willing to restructure, Dallas didn't even give him that option. So keep trying to come up with something. Try the next excuse

And Dallas didn't even try to keep schultz also didn't even give him a offer. and he signed for less than he got last yr.

They have 19.5 mil you think they couldnt sign Schultz for 9 mil? Need help with your math?

T-RO

Reaction score
Who are these pundits?

David Jeremiah: "He's as good as we've seen in the past 10 years. Can put him in the slot, can put him out wide. He's a complete weapon."

Mike Renner, PFF: "I would put Bijan as the best Running back since we've been grading (9 years)"

Todd McShay, ESPN: "I haven't talked to a team that doesn't have Bijan Robinson, just purely ranked on talent, in their top seven." McShay said. "I thought Saquon Barkley was sensational coming out of Penn State, I'll make this argument, ... I think Bijan Robinson is more talented coming out of Texas. More complete, more explosiveness, creates more missed tackles than Saquon Barkley did."

Dane Brugler: "Bijan at 14. The value of a running back this early in the draft is a disputed topic, but a talent like Robinson alters the equation."

T-RO

Reaction score
They have 19.5 mil you think they couldnt sign Schultz for 9 mil? Need help with your math?

You're just not so good at this.
$19.5 mil remaining cap must cover all draft picks and reserve buffer for the season (which all teams carry). Dallas didn't try to keep Schultz as they new their financial limitations and there are various needs.

Acting like Zeke's massively over-bloated contract hasn't cost us other players is pure looneyville. More cap space = more talent, this isn't hard

T-RO

Reaction score
I understand but currently they need serious help in the defensive line and have no starting safety on the roster. They definitely could take him but I have a feeling they are going defensive heavy.

You may well be right. Just saying: various people have suggested Bijan > Philly is possibility. And with two first round picks they have flex and gun powder to make it happen.

jay94

Reaction score
He is not a generational talent.
I've heard multiple people say it's the best back they have ever scouted, not talking 5 year sample either. I would say generational is 1 a decade, the average length of an NFL career I believe is slightly over 4.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
You're just not so good at this.
$19.5 mil remaining cap must cover all draft picks and reserve buffer for the season (which all teams carry). Dallas didn't try to keep Schultz as they new their financial limitations and there are various needs.

Acting like Zeke's massively over-bloated contract hasn't cost us other players is pure looneyville. More cap space = more talent, this isn't hard
Lol you do know that elliots June cap relief will more then cover that right? Anything else?

lonestar2288

Reaction score
With what has been done in FA, it can be assumed they're definitely going to be able to go BPA. I'd argue that Robinson(if there) on TALENT would rank higher than some other available options. I really like Mazi Smith, but his talent value isn't considered as high as Robinson's by most evaluators. You could trade down a few spots from 26 and add draft capital, which I'm more than okay with as well. Same has been said of Avila. IF you stay put and Robinson's there, they at least have to think hard on it from BPA perspective

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Honestly, I’m not impressed. In the first few minutes of the clip, what did he do That was so impressive that other backs can’t do? He doesn’t have breakaway speed.
He is a big back, who also is very good as a blocker and a physical runner. I like him but I also know there are other backs in this draft. I would not be looking for a clone of Pollard I would look for the bigger back to compliment Pollard

Flamma

Reaction score
They needed Goedert because they played a lot of two TE sets. And Ertz was getting older.

No the Eagles didn't take him just to keep him from us. LOL.
I know. When they move up to take Robinson, people will make more excuses as to why it had nothing to do with us. As if taking a player you could use, while denying that player from a rival, isn't a strategy.

Sydla

Reaction score
well dont see your point, but barkley has played for crappy coaches and team until this last season.
His point is that tailbacks don't typically change the trajectory of a franchise. Some here act like Robinson is the greatest thing since sliced bread and if we get him he's the guy that puts us over the top.

It's hyperbole. And we see teams all the time make SB runs with a crock pot mix of TBs, not just one elite guy they blew a first round pick on.

Sydla

Reaction score
I know. When they move up to take Robinson, people will make more excuses as to why it had nothing to do with us. As if taking a player you could use, while denying that player from a rival, isn't a strategy.
No, really, teams don't factor in trying to screw a divisional rival into their analysis of a player. The Eagles wanted a TE. Goedert also happened to be the highest rated player on their board at that time (this was reported in Philly). They also knew we were in the market for a TE, so they jumped a team they thought might take him. If it had been any team that had a need for a TE, they would have jumped them. It wasn't so much that it was a divisional rival, it was the fact the Eagles deemed teams would take a TE and if they wanted him, which they did, they had to make a move.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
His point is that tailbacks don't typically change the trajectory of a franchise. Some here act like Robinson is the greatest thing since sliced bread and if we get him he's the guy that puts us over the top.

It's hyperbole. And we see teams all the time make SB runs with a crock pot mix of TBs, not just one elite guy they blew a first round pick on.
True, I dont really approve of using a round 1 pick on a RB, but dallas has a late rd 1 pick , which is almost a 2nd rd pick.
Not the same as a high rd 1 pick.
My concern is how much would this guy help phil which is a run team ?? They lost sanders, so could use a tob rb.

I looked at hl, and bijan looks like he has good speed, some good moves, good vision, and can catch.
Will all that translate to nfl level? I dont know.

I doubt dallas will draft him, just curious if phil will.

btcutter

Reaction score

Pretty much can apply this to almost any position other than QB.
Is there any 1 player in a position that changes the trajectory of the franchise other than QB?

Does having 1 shutdown CB or LB, DE, T? Likely answer is NO. No single player on the team other than QB can change trajectory of a franchise. Football is about a building a team. Many ways to go about building a team.

Pick the best talent usually wins out in the long run.