Bill Callahan built this OL

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The Eagles have at all points this season had the best line in football. We were never at the top. And this season also has had way more OL penalties than I can remember in recent years. I wouldn't say our OK was having a good year even before Tyron went down.

Nonsense.

From the Rams to the Skins game we were averaging 198 yards rushing per game and gave up 5 total sacks.

YR

Reactions: CWR

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe I will be against the grain.

As much as I like BC as the Oline Coach.

This oline was built through the draft.

Without the Cowboys finally deciding to spend first round picks on some Olinemen...it would not be what it is today.

Tyron
The move to trade down and get Beard
Missing on Shazier and taking Martin instead of Manziel
Recruiting Collins to come in

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
This is pretty much it. There was bad blood between he and Garrett re play calling, and Garrett didn't like the way he was doing it. They held him to his contract for an extra year, and then he was pissed when he bailed.

Callahan has a reputation for being pretty difficult to work with. It was an issue with both the Jets and the Raiders too.

Was that the same Raiders team that Callahan took to the Super Bowl? I wish Garrett was that difficult to work with but got that far in the postseason.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was that the same Raiders team that Callahan took to the Super Bowl? I wish Garrett was that difficult to work with but got that far in the postseason.

Yeah. Remember when Tim Brown and Jerry Rice accused him of throwing the Superbowl when he changed the game plan at the last minute when his OL went nuts? And IIRC, the Jets got rid of him despite him rebuilding that OL because he had issues with the staff there before taking a step down to position coach in a move to Dallas.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just a thought here, but I would submit that each of Zach Martin, Travis Frederick, and Tyron Smith may all be playing the worst years they have been playing as pros. Couple this with the fact that we haven't added a quality starting or backup OL since he left. I think it's actually something that is starting to be a real concern.

I don't know what happened behind closed doors, but I know he took a lateral move to our most hated rival. That doesn't happen by accident. And say what you will about the Commanders, he has done an unbelievable job seeing all the injuries they've had to deal with.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Yeah. Remember when Tim Brown and Jerry Rice accused him of throwing the Superbowl when he changed the game plan at the last minute when his OL went nuts? And IIRC, the Jets got rid of him despite him rebuilding that OL because he had issues with the staff there before taking a step down to position coach in a move to Dallas.

Callahan took his team to a SB, when Garrett does that you can get back to me. As for throwing the game, that is funny shyte. He got beat and would have still got beat even if his center didn't go crazy night before the game. Gruden knew that Raiders team inside out. Same Gruden that should be coaching the Cowboys right now.

Garrett is a fraud, pity you can't see that. But please stop comparing him to SB coaches.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Callahan took his team to a SB, when Garrett does that you can get back to me. As for throwing the game, that is funny shyte. He got beat and would have still got beat even if his center didn't go crazy night before the game. Gruden knew that Raiders team inside out. Same Gruden that should be coaching the Cowboys right now.

Garrett is a fraud, pity you can't see that. But please stop comparing him to SB coaches.

I wasn't comparing the two. Only commenting on the fact that Callahan has a reputation of being difficult to work with. .

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Why did we let him go again? Like he left us for the same exact position at Washington....
Jerry demoted him the year before he left from Play Caller to Just O-Line coach. Jerry then barred any other teams from hiring Callahan until his contract was done. Callahan left as soon as he could after that. Callahan is a great O-line coach, but sucked as a offensive coordinator and /or head coach. We already have a guy that sucks as Head coach.