Bills Game: Worst Performances

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lmao, you said Parnell got the Jags to the championship game. Youre as biased as they come
They have not had a winning season without Parnell since 2007.

In 2017 they got to the ACF Championship and barely lost to the Patriots by 4 points.

Prior to signing Parnell, Jaxonville's biggest issue had been their OLine.

Jaxonville had 2262 rushing yards in 2017 after averaging less than 1500 from 2011 until Parnell was signed.

Parnell was injured the following season and Jaxonville fell apart going from the AFC Champion to a 5-11 season.

Obviously Jaxonville signed a couple of other good players when they signed Parnell, but Parnell was a big part of their success.

Parnell got the most playing time with the Cowboys in 2014. With Parnell at RT and Leary at LG, that lineup had the best performance of any Cowboys OL in more than a decade before and better than anything since.

Parnell played 7 games including the 2 playoff games and gave up a total of 1 sack.

jwitten82

Reaction score
They have not had a winning season without Parnell since 2007.

In 2017 they got to the ACF Championship and barely lost to the Patriots by 4 points.

Prior to signing Parnell, Jaxonville's biggest issue had been their OLine.

Jaxonville had 2262 rushing yards in 2017 after averaging less than 1500 from 2011 until Parnell was signed.

Parnell was injured the following season and Jaxonville fell apart going from the AFC Champion to a 5-11 season.

Obviously Jaxonville signed a couple of other good players when they signed Parnell, but Parnell was a big part of their success.

Parnell got the most playing time with the Cowboys in 2014. With Parnell at RT and Leary at LG, that lineup had the best performance of any Cowboys OL in more than a decade before and better than anything since.

Parnell played 7 games including the 2 playoff games and gave up a total of 1 sack.
2016 oline was better than the 2014 oline. Jags defense was the reason for their championship appearance...Collins>>>Parnell

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've always taken his posts as defending someone who's being overly criticized, but this one just went beyond reasonable to me.

Except nobody has actually disproved what I've said.

All they can cling to is the INT by the DL Lotulelei and maybe 2 plays in the 4th quarter when everything was chaos and they had already passed the point of a realistic chance to win the game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
  • Heath isn't as bad as some around here think; he actually played pretty good vs. NE.
  • Lewis was simply awful. Hopefully it was just this game. I still don't think Brown is better.
  • The O line was inconsistent. It's NOT a great line. We need a LG and the highly paid rest are underachieving. WAY too much pressure on Prescott.
  • Prescott wasn't playing elite. He wasn't horrible, but at times he was. Throwing off his back foot and he needs to protect the ball or throw it away. He's not the reason we lost, but fans need to except he's one player and can't overcome the mess.
  • Jaylon Smith is a step behind on every play. He makes on or two plays a game and them is slow and lost.
  • The DL, for all of the screaming and preaching after the game suck. They can't stop the run and haven't all season long. Josh Allen used them. Poor tackling and not enough QB hits.
  • The secondary was par. As great as everyone talks Allen up, there were a handful of inaccurate throws presenting opportunities for INTs, but they were numb out there.
  • Maher. He was garbage, is garbage and will be garbage. It's been two seasons watching him struggle making mediocre kicks. Two years! Yet the staff can't find ANY help? Complete BS. He missed 2 makeable kicks we needed. Then, with faith lost we punt instead of kicking a FG and another time we went for it on 4th instead of kicking. There's 12 points, great momentum, great field position and a much different game. But nope!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Except nobody has actually disproved what I've said.

All they can cling to is the INT by the DL Lotulelei and maybe 2 plays in the 4th quarter when everything was chaos and they had already passed the point of a realistic chance to win the game.
I started to rewatch the game yesterday, but I could only get a little into the second quarter, when Dak was almost intercepted the first time, but Gallup knocked the ball away. I remember there were a few other times that he threw either interceptions or near interceptions. There's also times I felt he had plenty of room to run, but chose to try to pass instead. And there were several times he held on to the ball longer than he should have, while standing in a collapsing pocket, or with a defender coming around his back.

He showed a great deal of improvement this season,.and I don't want to get rid of him, but Thursday wasn't a good game for him.

It wasn't a good game for anyone, but it could have been a good game for some of them, if they'd stuck with the running game more. I'm not sure if Dak audibled out of runs or not, but it seemed like he did.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
  • Heath isn't as bad as some around here think; he actually played pretty good vs. NE.
  • Lewis was simply awful. Hopefully it was just this game. I still don't think Brown is better.
  • The O line was inconsistent. It's NOT a great line. We need a LG and the highly paid rest are underachieving. WAY too much pressure on Prescott.
  • Prescott wasn't playing elite. He wasn't horrible, but at times he was. Throwing off his back foot and he needs to protect the ball or throw it away. He's not the reason we lost, but fans need to except he's one player and can't overcome the mess.
  • Jaylon Smith is a step behind on every play. He makes on or two plays a game and them is slow and lost.
  • The DL, for all of the screaming and preaching after the game suck. They can't stop the run and haven't all season long. Josh Allen used them. Poor tackling and not enough QB hits.
  • The secondary was par. As great as everyone talks Allen up, there were a handful of inaccurate throws presenting opportunities for INTs, but they were numb out there.
  • Maher. He was garbage, is garbage and will be garbage. It's been two seasons watching him struggle making mediocre kicks. Two years! Yet the staff can't find ANY help? Complete BS. He missed 2 makeable kicks we needed. Then, with faith lost we punt instead of kicking a FG and another time we went for it on 4th instead of kicking. There's 12 points, great momentum, great field position and a much different game. But nope!
Fair assessment, IMO.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I started to rewatch the game yesterday, but I could only get a little into the second quarter, when Dak was almost intercepted the first time, but Gallup knocked the ball away. I remember there were a few other times that he threw either interceptions or near interceptions. There's also times I felt he had plenty of room to run, but chose to try to pass instead. And there were several times he held on to the ball longer than he should have, while standing in a collapsing pocket, or with a defender coming around his back.

He showed a great deal of improvement this season,.and I don't want to get rid of him, but Thursday wasn't a good game for him.

It wasn't a good game for anyone, but it could have been a good game for some of them, if they'd stuck with the running game more. I'm not sure if Dak audibled out of runs or not, but it seemed like he did.
12 carries when Elliott was gashing them? I mean, Buffalo is a top 3 defense and Elliott was breaking tackles. It's like when the team falls behind the staff goes into panic mode and runs the shotgun all game long. I believe had they stuck with running and using screens it would have taken the pressure and urgency to score off of Prescott.

Kaiser

Reaction score
This game? He's biased in every review and every thread he gives stats. He knowingly gives information to mislead people and steer a narrative. Like that Jeff Heath/Jamal Adams thread where he gave about 4 stats that favored Heath and left out a plethora that showed how bad he is and what kind of upgrade Adams would be. After multiple posters exposed it he acted like a child. Dudes a clown.

Its hilarious how the attacks on XWalker are from the worst posters and doubly so when those posters refuse to do their own film review. If its that bad, do your own homework and argue the point.

The definition of Clown Post is when you spent several pages of a thread saying Heath was the worst safety in the NFL because Pro Football Focus invented a stat called Missed Tackles and had burger flippers count up plays using it.

Kaiser

Reaction score

And the majority of the posts on the subject here went through this progression:

"Parnell sucks"

"No, I don't watch tape but Parnell sucks"

"Parnell sucks, he can't beat out Free"

"Who cares if another team gave him a big FA contract, its just Jacksonville"

glimmerman

Reaction score
12 carries when Elliott was gashing them? I mean, Buffalo is a top 3 defense and Elliott was breaking tackles. It's like when the team falls behind the staff goes into panic mode and runs the shotgun all game long. I believe had they stuck with running and using screens it would have taken the pressure and urgency to score off of Prescott.
Even kept running the ball. They would have worn that line down and by the 4th quarter we could have either opened the playbook or stayed with the run if we were protecting a lead. I think Elliot was close to breaking one for a TD. Will never know now. It was working and again they abandon it. Do they not want to win by using what the team was designed to do..

Kaiser

Reaction score
  • he DL, for all of the screaming and preaching after the game suck. They can't stop the run and haven't all season long. Josh Allen used them. Poor tackling and not enough QB hits.

Great post but I would nitpick this a little bit. Most of the running game issues IMO have been from the 1T (especially when Woods was out) and LB containment. Josh Allen's rushing yesterday was actually about average for him, if you look at his game log he has 4 games this year with more rushing yards, and he has 8 rushing TDs this year -

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

Praxit

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith was useless out there. Just runs wild in usually the wrong direction. He's either regressed to 2017 Jaylon or we made a mistake with that extension.

And we used to pray teams would leave Bease with single coverage. Usually the good teams would shade an LB his way. We, in our infinite wisdom, decided single DB coverage was good enough, even though we know what he can do vs that. That's not Jourdans fault, it's incredibly hard to cover Bease in the slot alone.
..hate to say it, but hasnt Jaylon always been like that? Minus last year, where it was just a fluke he did well. He has no Lee instincts or football smarts.

Praxit

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis was really bad. Cole Beasley looked like Jerry Rice with Lewis trying to cover him. The Cowboys really miss Anthony Brown.

Strong Safety Thompson was bad. If you draw a line from Thompson to Darren Woodson in regards to ability and then draw a line at the mid-point, Jeff Heath would be on the side of the mid-point closer to Woodson than to Thompson. Yes, Thompson has been that bad. Where is Donovan Wilson or Josh Jones. Hopefully Heath returns soon!

Xavier Su'a-Filo was bad. He directly caused the ball to be knocked out of Dak's hand as he was throwing. The Cowboys were so desperate for a decent LG that they put Connor Williams back in the game without figuring out that he had torn ligament in his knee.

It is amazing that Devin Smith is so bad that he can't even make the 46.

On a positive note, LB Luke Gifford looked great on Special Teams.
...so much for saying these guys have special talent. sheesh... I mean, there is hope they will improve. but innate talent cant be taught.