Blake Jarwin, outjumped by a 6' guy?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Some of the red zone issues still showed up again yesterday but one of the reasons I keep citing leaped out at us on the throw into the end zone in the third quarter. Dak lobbed one up really high and it's Jarwin against a DB who he has 6 inches in height and a foot in reach on and the DB wins the jump ball. Good lord. If that's Dez it's a "Git off me" touchdown. The Cowboys desperately need a legit red zone receiver to emerge if they're going to get were they wanna go. You're not always going to be able to finesse your way open in that compressed area if the defense drops 8.

The DB cut in front of Jarwin. Had Jarwin come back to the ball its a catch or potentially PI.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak stared Jarwin down the whole time, completely ignoring that Lamb was open in the right flat.

Dude stop it.. The corner stands right next to Lamb the entire play.. If Dak tries to throw back all the way across the field that DB steps in front of it and high steps to a touchdown..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Serious question.. who here doubts for a second that if that ball is thrown up to pre-injury Dez that he comes down with that ball and makes the DB look like a little kid in the process?
Or any competent WR that doesn't have bricks tied to his feet.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Some of the red zone issues still showed up again yesterday but one of the reasons I keep citing leaped out at us on the throw into the end zone in the third quarter. Dak lobbed one up really high and it's Jarwin against a DB who he has 6 inches in height and a foot in reach on and the DB wins the jump ball. Good lord. If that's Dez it's a "Git off me" touchdown. The Cowboys desperately need a legit red zone receiver to emerge if they're going to get were they wanna go. You're not always going to be able to finesse your way open in that compressed area if the defense drops 8.
Jarwin lacks aggressiveness to his game.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im with you on this. Its one thing the offense lacks is red zone hoss in the receiving game. Could be Lamb when he develops more. But right now its a weak spot

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Jarwin is not someone who is going to out athlete people in the endzone for catches. That isn't his game. The ball probably should have been a little higher.

Dallas gets in the redzone and becomes way too predictable. Seemingly every pass is some 50/50 ball towards the back sticks. I thought we did better yesterday and ran the ball when we got deep to the goal line. But I do agree we could really use a big redzone presence. Our WRs are really good but none of them are that huge presence that is going to bully their defenders for a TD. Redzone offense has been our downfall for years now.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Here's what actually happened with video. It looked like it was a corner route and the DB jumped it to beat Jarwin to the corner so all Dak could do (wisely) to have a chance was to throw the ball behind Jarwin where the DB wasn't. Because of this, Jarwin's timing of the jump was off which is why you see him coming down as the ball arrives. The corner was athletic enough to leap back the opposite way as well and got his hands on the ball. Luckily, the misdirection didn't allow him to get a good hold of the ball. So even if Dak threw the ball higher, it simply would have gone out the end zone.

Jarwin-A-1-R.gif

Would have been nice to have Jarwin stay in front of the DB and post him up like a basketball box out.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Would have been nice to have Jarwin stay in front of the DB and post him up like a basketball box out.

I think the box out was what Dak was counting on but I believe the initial route was supposed to be back corner. However the DB beat Jarwin to the spot so he could not get there. It looks like Dak saw that and threw it behind to give Jarwin a chance to come back and make a play on the ball.. But the DB got around him again and got back in front of him. I think if Jarwin comes back to the ball instead of drifting away he makes the catch or at least draws a flag. By fading on his leap he opens the door for Adderley to have an angle to cut in front.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Also if Dak ( one of the kryptonites of cowboys QBs - even Romo ) knows to throw a perfect fade to the end corner of EZ , only Jarwin would have come down with it. But that is not in his arsenal.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
The ball was higher than what Jarwin reached on his jump.. Therefore it could not have been too low. The DB got higher so he got hands on the ball. Jarwin clearly didn't get up to 34.5 inches on that one. It is what it is.. Making that play is an art.. Not a lot of guys have that skill. Jarwin doesn't.

He looked very Escobar'ish on the play to me. Lmao

It will be 6 games before a defender slips and falls and one of these tes scores a td on a 3 yard pass. lmao.

Just saying. It's everybody's fault our offense can't beat anybody Except these scrub tes and they never score. Lmao.

Jay novachek could come out of retirement and outplay these guys

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He looked very Escobar'ish on the play to me. Lmao

It will be 6 games before a defender slips and falls and one of these tes scores a td on a 3 yard pass. lmao.

Just saying. It's everybody's fault our offense can't beat anybody Except these scrub tes and they never score. Lmao.

Jay novachek could come out of retirement and outplay these guys

Yeah he showed the same level of physicality that he displayed on that missed block last week.. You can't let a guy that much smaller than you keep you from getting to your spot.. you just can't.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Yeah he showed the same level of physicality that he displayed on that missed block last week.. You can't let a guy that much smaller than you keep you from getting to your spot.. you just can't.

It's 3rd and 16 w the game on the line and we're lined up passing in 12 personnel with 2 tes that haven't even caught a pass in the air over 10 yards in their entire pro or college career. Lmao.

That's how ignorant this coaching staff is . Lmao

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lamb wasn't open either and if Dak makes that throw and the DB picks it off and high steps 95 yards for a TD we're all killing him today for being stupid.
I wasn’t sure. Thank you for clarifying that

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Lamb should get a fade almost every trip to the redzone. Playcalling is the biggest issue cause Moore tries to get cute. Running the ball in the redzone better would help as well.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lamb wasn't open either and if Dak makes that throw and the DB picks it off and high steps 95 yards for a TD we're all killing him today for being stupid.
It’s easy to get caught up. With these uninformed so-called fans

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
The Giants baited us. They said hey let Jarwin get 3 tds in this meaningless game so they will sign him to a long term deal and we won't have to worry about covering the yes for 3 more years. Lmao