Blaming QB Equals Easy Way Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Some legitimate points in your post but a lot of them still point directly or indirectly to Dak

I.e. over hyped roster? Sure, amd exhibit A is QB. There's not a single position on that roster that's more over hyped than QB. Not one

Coaches? How many coaches, coordinators etc that have done well elsewhere come here and see their legacy destroyed? Is that a coaching issue or is there any coach who can win with a gagger under center? Honest question.

Jerry? You'll not hear me defend Jerry but it always fascinates me how people claim he's a lousy judge of talent and has no idea how to put the pieces in place to create a winner, yet somehow his judgement that Dak is the guy who can get us over the top is on point. Jerry can't build a good o line, has zero idea what a franchise RB looks like, ignores the DT position, drafts crappy linebackers and under stocks the wr stable with either overrated draft picks or worn out retreads

Yet, somehow he decided Dak is a top tier QB and he's spot on. He's just failed to give Dak the necessary pieces around him to win big. Jerry knows nothing else, but he knows QBs. Lol

Makes no sense yet people believe this.

Not saying our roster doesn't need improvement. Of course it does.

But pretending that the most glaring issue with this team is anything else than the mental midget under center is ludicrous.

Over the past couple years This team went 5-1 with Rush when Dak was out. Repeat, won 5 out of 6 with Cooper Rush.

Take mahomes out for 6 games and see if KC wins 5 of them.

We all know damn well that isn't happening. Not even close.

Dak has a good deal of talent around him

Dak is a failure and a choker. And that idiot Jones is about to give him the fattest contract in history. How many more bodies will be piled up next off season to provide cover for the real issue?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
nah, there are other qb's who could have taken this team farther than a 1st round blowout to a team which squeaked in with a first year qb, 8 years man, it doesnt matter anymore if "there are other issues" Dak isnt the one.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
First off, before people comment after just seeing the thread title, Dak deserves blame (I say 30%) for last month's loss. He, by his own admittance, sucked. Looked scared, uncomfortable and — probably most damning — displayed none of the leadership values we've heralded him for.

Is he the answer? I don't know. What I do know, however, is the problems of this franchise would be nearly impossible for any quarterback to overcome.

— Overhyped: This is the most overhyped roster in all of football. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed on the ground, and was lit up by Geno Smith at home. The offense halted against nearly every single above-average opponent they faced. The numbers were inflated due to the poor division we play in, but this isn't a top-five roster like some had us believe.

— Average head coaches: Here's a fun exercise. Let's look at the opportunities at head coach that our previous two coaches received after they were fired by Dallas. Wade Phillips (3 — interim) and Jason Garrett (0 — not even two full seasons as OC). Mike McCarthy will not have another head coaching opportunity after next season. Simply put - Our head coaches would not even be considered for HC gigs by the league's worst after they've been fired by us. And I'm not even talking about (outside of Dan Quinn) the litany of poor coordinators that overstayed their welcome here.

— Priorities in the wrong place: Micah Parsons doing a podcast with one playoff win on his resume. CeeDee Lamb being a visible drama queen whenever Dak doesn't throw it to him 10 times. Dak doing 15-plus commercials each year. Jerry Jones talking to the media before our head coach. It's a culture that lacks accountability, rewards players for being good in the regular season and not beyond, and prioritizes attention and hype over winning games in January.

— Jerry Jones: Here's another fun exercise. Check back on our schedule releases in recent years. Jerry Jones is front and center in those videos. No other owner in the league does what this man does. He's arguably the greatest businessman in NFL history and should be studied at every single business school across the country. But he's weighed down this franchise with his self-centered antics, know-it-all attitude, and wanting to be everybody's friend. People will keep attending games and buying Cowboys gear... a full-fledged boycott is required to truly incite any tangible change.

I could write a whole essay on my anger and frustration, but this is what it comes back to everytime. Outside of landing a Mahomes-like quarterback, nothing can be done to overcome the culture that JJ has established. I'll root like hell for them on Sundays from September until December, and know that it'll end very quickly in January. As long as JJ acts the way he always has — that won't change — this team is doomed before the season even starts.
I was ready to pounce but as long as you included Jerry in the blame (as well as other reasonable points) I like your post.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
30% of the blame is much too low, when you consider the amount of money he makes.. If his salary is what Brock Purdy makes {roughly $900,000} then yeah, I might buy that, but here is the problem.. When you're paid like an ELITE QB the expectation is that you need to DO MORE WITH LESS. Granted the Cowboys defense was absolutely atrocious, but the offense didn't help matters with poor execution and inability to sustain drives, and basically giving the Packers 14 points via turnovers. Dak and the offense deserves HALF the blame on this one.

kskboys

Reaction score
Some legitimate points in your post but a lot of them still point directly or indirectly to Dak

I.e. over hyped roster? Sure, amd exhibit A is QB. There's not a single position on that roster that's more over hyped than QB. Not one

Coaches? How many coaches, coordinators etc that have done well elsewhere come here and see their legacy destroyed? Is that a coaching issue or is there any coach who can win with a gagger under center? Honest question.

Jerry? You'll not hear me defend Jerry but it always fascinates me how people claim he's a lousy judge of talent and has no idea how to put the pieces in place to create a winner, yet somehow his judgement that Dak is the guy who can get us over the top is on point. Jerry can't build a good o line, has zero idea what a franchise RB looks like, ignores the DT position, drafts crappy linebackers and under stocks the wr stable with either overrated draft picks or worn out retreads

Yet, somehow he decided Dak is a top tier QB and he's spot on. He's just failed to give Dak the necessary pieces around him to win big. Jerry knows nothing else, but he knows QBs. Lol

But pretending that the most glaring issue with this team is anything else than the mental midget under center is ludicrous.

Over the past couple years This team went 5-1 with Rush when Dak was out. Repeat, won 5 out of 6 with Cooper Rush.

Dak is a failure and a choker. And that idiot Jones is about to give him the fattest contract in history. How many more bodies will be piled up next off season to provide cover for the real issue?
That is some funny stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great post!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
-If McCarthy wins 11,12 games but fails in the post season in the divisional round or wildcard and we let his contract expire, I can absolutely see him getting another gig somewhere. Maybe a smaller market, low profile team. His resume still would look overall very good, if he goes 11-6 next season he’d be 47-21 over his nearly last 70 games- someone imo will take a chance on him one last time.

-The podcast stuff while I don’t like it, you guys just have to get used to it. Podcast streams and shows are big money and lots of active players do them. That’s just the nature of the business right now and it won’t be long until even college players are doing them for big money. Do think Micah needs to be more careful what he does say on them however.

-as for Jerry, there’s tons of valid criticisms and he does deserve a ton of blame. A ton. I do think however there’s a large segment of fans that are so heart broken over our teams failures over the years that if they get the stomach bug they blame it on something Jerry ate.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

:clap:

RoboQB

Reaction score

Nicely done!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Over the past couple years This team went 5-1 with Rush when Dak was out. Repeat, won 5 out of 6 with Cooper Rush
Cooper is just that good, the team is full of second-tier guys and has no offensive line or wr's either. If Cooper had a defense he would have won the Super Bowl for us, if we had gone with his hot hand. Oh well, it is what it is.

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
who has a top 2 QB, we sure don't.
No ****

A chain mover who doesn't choke. Who knew it was that simple? If only we had known this the last 25 years.

But paying our current QB like he is the one is going to be a problem.
Guess who is going to extend that current QB? That's right, the Jones boys.

But the QB is clearly the #1 problem in Dallas. Not the ownership which is the worst in the league.

It's like no one read the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.