Blaming QB Equals Easy Way Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You have a reading problem or an agenda if you think I’m a Dak only fan. I’ve been very objective when it comes to him and the rest of the players. I don’t pin all our losses on him and I didn’t pin them all on Romo when he was here.
I think you are a Dak only fan. Only those fans mention Romo every chance they get to compare to Dak. It’s quite annoying why can’t Dak stand or fall for himself? Sheesh lol

Dorsett33

Reaction score
sure he can.
its called a shootout
its been done
you really think if Dak had been able to make something happen in the first qtr, get a TD, that it would NOT HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE?
No score until it was 27-0 is on him almost as much as on the D
AND of course you forget his PICK 6
You can TRY to blame this loss on Dak if it makes you feel good. And NO I didn't forget his pick 6 but again a shootout is NOT what you want. Especially in a playoff game. DEFENSE wins championships. Our defense didn't show up! Period!

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Name them. With no run game, your only legit WR dropping passes and ranting like a child, you being hurried half the time while sacked 4 times, terrible pass play designs that set the QB and WR to fail, plus absolutely no Defense? Name which other QB would have beaten the Packers?
Mahomes
Farve
Rodgers
Montana
Young
Marino
Aikman
Staubach
Brady
Elway
Kelly
Manning
Manning
Warner
Bradshaw
Roethlisberger
Stafford
Stabler
Brees

To name but a FEW.. I've run out of steam to list the other 45.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
First off, before people comment after just seeing the thread title, Dak deserves blame (I say 30%) for last month's loss. He, by his own admittance, sucked. Looked scared, uncomfortable and — probably most damning — displayed none of the leadership values we've heralded him for.

Is he the answer? I don't know. What I do know, however, is the problems of this franchise would be nearly impossible for any quarterback to overcome.

— Overhyped: This is the most overhyped roster in all of football. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed on the ground, and was lit up by Geno Smith at home. The offense halted against nearly every single above-average opponent they faced. The numbers were inflated due to the poor division we play in, but this isn't a top-five roster like some had us believe.

— Average head coaches: Here's a fun exercise. Let's look at the opportunities at head coach that our previous two coaches received after they were fired by Dallas. Wade Phillips (3 — interim) and Jason Garrett (0 — not even two full seasons as OC). Mike McCarthy will not have another head coaching opportunity after next season. Simply put - Our head coaches would not even be considered for HC gigs by the league's worst after they've been fired by us. And I'm not even talking about (outside of Dan Quinn) the litany of poor coordinators that overstayed their welcome here.

— Priorities in the wrong place: Micah Parsons doing a podcast with one playoff win on his resume. CeeDee Lamb being a visible drama queen whenever Dak doesn't throw it to him 10 times. Dak doing 15-plus commercials each year. Jerry Jones talking to the media before our head coach. It's a culture that lacks accountability, rewards players for being good in the regular season and not beyond, and prioritizes attention and hype over winning games in January.

— Jerry Jones: Here's another fun exercise. Check back on our schedule releases in recent years. Jerry Jones is front and center in those videos. No other owner in the league does what this man does. He's arguably the greatest businessman in NFL history and should be studied at every single business school across the country. But he's weighed down this franchise with his self-centered antics, know-it-all attitude, and wanting to be everybody's friend. People will keep attending games and buying Cowboys gear... a full-fledged boycott is required to truly incite any tangible change.

I could write a whole essay on my anger and frustration, but this is what it comes back to everytime. Outside of landing a Mahomes-like quarterback, nothing can be done to overcome the culture that JJ has established. I'll root like hell for them on Sundays from September until December, and know that it'll end very quickly in January. As long as JJ acts the way he always has — that won't change — this team is doomed before the season even starts.

You can’t pay Dak and win a title.

How many times does this have to be proven?

Dak improved a ton this year and imo it’s the best he’s ever looked.. We just can’t build the team he requires.

Hopefully he leaves and some other team gives us some picks for him and we can build the team up again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You can TRY to blame this loss on Dak if it makes you feel good. And NO I didn't forget his pick 6 but again a shootout is NOT what you want. Especially in a playoff game. DEFENSE wins championships. Our defense didn't show up! Period!
It was a team loss but Dak’s not a QB you can get in a shootout with.

Hes a great front runner and run the scheme.

Get behind and ask him to start throwing all over the yard and into tight windows and the wheels come off quick.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Beat it D.O.D lol. Dak gets toooo much $$$ to be running all these excuses y’all do for him. If he was getting Purdy pay I’d say yeah cool but not at his salary.

khiladi

Reaction score
First off, before people comment after just seeing the thread title, Dak deserves blame (I say 30%) for last month's loss. He, by his own admittance, sucked. Looked scared, uncomfortable and — probably most damning — displayed none of the leadership values we've heralded him for.

Is he the answer? I don't know. What I do know, however, is the problems of this franchise would be nearly impossible for any quarterback to overcome.

— Overhyped: This is the most overhyped roster in all of football. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed on the ground, and was lit up by Geno Smith at home. The offense halted against nearly every single above-average opponent they faced. The numbers were inflated due to the poor division we play in, but this isn't a top-five roster like some had us believe.

— Average head coaches: Here's a fun exercise. Let's look at the opportunities at head coach that our previous two coaches received after they were fired by Dallas. Wade Phillips (3 — interim) and Jason Garrett (0 — not even two full seasons as OC). Mike McCarthy will not have another head coaching opportunity after next season. Simply put - Our head coaches would not even be considered for HC gigs by the league's worst after they've been fired by us. And I'm not even talking about (outside of Dan Quinn) the litany of poor coordinators that overstayed their welcome here.

— Priorities in the wrong place: Micah Parsons doing a podcast with one playoff win on his resume. CeeDee Lamb being a visible drama queen whenever Dak doesn't throw it to him 10 times. Dak doing 15-plus commercials each year. Jerry Jones talking to the media before our head coach. It's a culture that lacks accountability, rewards players for being good in the regular season and not beyond, and prioritizes attention and hype over winning games in January.

— Jerry Jones: Here's another fun exercise. Check back on our schedule releases in recent years. Jerry Jones is front and center in those videos. No other owner in the league does what this man does. He's arguably the greatest businessman in NFL history and should be studied at every single business school across the country. But he's weighed down this franchise with his self-centered antics, know-it-all attitude, and wanting to be everybody's friend. People will keep attending games and buying Cowboys gear... a full-fledged boycott is required to truly incite any tangible change.

I could write a whole essay on my anger and frustration, but this is what it comes back to everytime. Outside of landing a Mahomes-like quarterback, nothing can be done to overcome the culture that JJ has established. I'll root like hell for them on Sundays from September until December, and know that it'll end very quickly in January. As long as JJ acts the way he always has — that won't change — this team is doomed before the season even starts.
The most over-hyped player on the team is Dak Prescott. Jerry has baby-sat and protected this bum for years. Cooper Rush is 5-1 with this “over-rated” roster….

khiladi

Reaction score
Don’t you just love that the defense is the new scapegoat. Dallas has the number one ranked defense two years in a row and top in TOs and hold the 49ers two years in a row to less than 20 points, while Dak sucked like he did this year with the defense that was too 5 in scoring and TOs and these Dak-Stan’s pretend like it never happened.. the same thing with the running game… Dak sucking in the playoffs PRECEDED the defense folding, in large part because Dak sucked and the defense no longer could put the pressure on..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think you are a Dak only fan. Only those fans mention Romo every chance they get to compare to Dak. It’s quite annoying why can’t Dak stand or fall for himself? Sheesh lol
You can think what you want but you’re dead wrong. I’ve criticized Dak many times and have lost confidence in him like most fans but I’m not moving on from him until I find a better option. It’s quite annoying when most fans here bash him and pretend that he sucks. Emmitt Smith was critical of Dak the other day and was asked today what he thought of him. He said what I and many others have said, the Cowboys won’t find another QB better and that’s the problem. It’s not like there’s a Patrick Mahomes sitting out there available. I was critical of Romo but I wasn’t going to move on from him until we found a better option. If it was up to some of you the Cowboys would be stuck with nothing at QB. If you think it’s bad being knocked off in the first round of the playoffs, just imagine not making the playoffs year after year because you don’t have a good enough QB. Every season you’re having to play musical chairs at QB trying to find an answer. I’ve been there with the Cowboys and it was a miserable experience.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
How has whining and waiting for a quarterback been for ya???? Romo and Dak. Even Aikman wasn't that great. But he did have a great defense and a great coach...Maybe that's what Romo and Dak needed and needs... Go figure :facepalm:

khiladi

Reaction score
We will easily find a QB better than Dak. They’ve been baby-sitting Dak. Purdy is playing in the SB. Joe Flacco came off the couch at 65 years old and turned the Browns around. Baker Mayfield got TB in the play-offs.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jared Goff got better, unlike Dak, in the play-offs and they should have actually beaten the 49ers and Dak fans thought he was a bum.

birdwells1

Reaction score
You don't think there is a QB that could have won with this team? Several QB's could have beaten the 7th seed Packers, but not the Dakster.
I don't think there's a QB that can win with this culture. We've had pro bowl level QBing since 2007 and haven't made the NFCCG do you think that that is the fault of the QBs?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You can think what you want but you’re dead wrong. I’ve criticized Dak many times and have lost confidence in him like most fans but I’m not moving on from him until I find a better option. It’s quite annoying when most fans here bash him and pretend that he sucks. Emmitt Smith was critical of Dak the other day and was asked today what he thought of him. He said what I and many others have said, the Cowboys won’t find another QB better and that’s the problem. It’s not like there’s a Patrick Mahomes sitting out there available. I was critical of Romo but I wasn’t going to move on from him until we found a better option. If it was up to some of you the Cowboys would be stuck with nothing at QB. If you think it’s bad being knocked off in the first round of the playoffs, just imagine not making the playoffs year after year because you don’t have a good enough QB. Every season you’re having to play musical chairs at QB trying to find an answer. I’ve been there with the Cowboys and it was a miserable experience.
No stuff I can think what I want and do. Thanks I guess. If you’re tooo scared on the whole I won’t move on from average because we might be bad you might as well be a D.O.D type. That type of cowardice is so annoying to me. I don’t get you types that live like that I’m sorry. Dak ain’t it and if it means going back before going forward I’m ok with that. You’re ok being just ok and no more because you’re scarred of the unknown. I’m scared of more of the known which is dude sweating like a pig that knows he about to be done in big games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No stuff I can think what I want and do. Thanks I guess. If you’re tooo scared on the whole I won’t move on from average because we might be bad you might as well be a D.O.D type. That type of cowardice is so annoying to me. I don’t get you types that live like that I’m sorry. Dak ain’t it and if it means going back before going forward I’m ok with that. You’re ok being just ok and no more because you’re scarred of the unknown. I’m scared of more of the known which is dude sweating like a pig that knows he about to be done in big games.
We wouldn’t be moving on from “average” which a lot of you don’t seem to get. Nothing about his numbers, passer rating and winning percentage points to him being an “average” QB. He just led the entire league in TD passes and the only other Cowboys QB to do that was Staubach. He just came in second in the MVP voting. He just had a career high completion percentage of almost 70% and a career high passer rating of 105.9. How does an “average” QB accomplish all that? I got news for you “average” QBs don’t. No team with any sense would move on from Dak without a better option.

What scares intelligent fans is ending up like Washington and other teams that miss the playoffs every year because they don’t have a solid QB. Washington did several years ago what a lot of you want the Cowboys to do. Look where they’ve ended up since moving on from Cousins. They haven’t had a winning season since they moved on from him and have wasted several draft picks trying to find an answer at QB.

Nexx

Reaction score
sttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppppp

Philmonroe

Reaction score
We wouldn’t be moving on from “average” which a lot of you don’t seem to get. Nothing about his numbers, passer rating and winning percentage points to him being an “average” QB. He just led the entire league in TD passes and the only other Cowboys QB to do that was Staubach. He just came in second in the MVP voting. He just had a career high completion percentage of almost 70% and a career high passer rating of 105.9. How does an “average” QB accomplish all that? I got news for you “average” QBs don’t. No team with any sense would move on from Dak without a better option.

What scares intelligent fans is ending up like Washington and other teams that miss the playoffs every year because they don’t have a solid QB. Washington did several years ago what a lot of you want the Cowboys to do. Look where they’ve ended up since moving on from Cousins. They haven’t had a winning season since they moved on from him and have wasted several draft picks trying to find an answer at QB.
He is an average qb like his qb doppelgänger Kirk Cousins for everybody outside of you D.O.D types. Winning percentage is bs because if you want to use that now why are dudes crying we he gets crapped on for these wack playoff games if his win percentage is alllllll him? Can’t have it both ways.

You’re not an intelligent fan just a coward fan who needs to go see the wizard and ask for some heart. You can bring up Washington I can bring up Philly who got rid of a qb who was like Dak in the mvp runnings during his time with the Eagles and they still said nah we good. KC did the same thing and nobody knew for sure Mahommes was going to be this good or he would’ve went number 1. It’s okay since it is your life but don’t try to sugarcoat it and claim you’re “intelligent” because you’re overly cautious. No sir

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You’re not an intelligent fan just a coward fan who needs to go see the wizard and ask for some heart.
No wasting my time with fans that act like 12-year-olds. Save the name calling for the playground. It’s obvious you can’t handle a discussion like an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.