Blaming QB Equals Easy Way Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
I have no reading problems. You said the offense got us down 27-0, when the facts are the defense played a big part in it. The defense got us down 7-0 before our offense ever got the ball. Not once did our defense hold them to an FG the entire game. No matter where Green Bay started our defense couldn’t keep them out of the endzone. Dak and our offense didn’t play well, but they didn’t give up. Although most of it was in garbage time, Dak still put up over 400 yards and 3 TDs forcing Green Bay to have to reinsert their starters after pulling them early in the 4th quarter. Had the Packers not laid down in the fourth quarter they could’ve scored 60 if they needed to because our defense couldn’t stop them and quit! The Packers offense put up 41 points with over 10 minutes left in the game. That was the worst defensive performance in Cowboys playoff history.
Revisionist history...

Our defense stopped Green Bay on their second possession of the game.

The score at that point in the game was 7-0 Green Bay and that is when Dak decided to throw his first INT deep inside our own 30

I can't understand why you defend a guy that has to give up if our defense doesn't shut out the other team early in games.

Also, as Moose Johnston said, this isn't just based off this year. Last year and the year before our defense played well enough to win but Dak was his usual CHOKER self..

Reminds me of Romo.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Mahomes
Farve
Rodgers
Montana
Young
Marino
Aikman
Staubach
Brady
Elway
Kelly
Manning
Manning
Warner
Bradshaw
Roethlisberger
Stafford
Stabler
Brees

To name but a FEW.. I've run out of steam to list the other 45.
Bunch of lies.

They all had run games, top WRs, excellent playcalling/coaching and very good Defenses.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I have no reading problems. You said the offense got us down 27-0, when the facts are the defense played a big part in it. The defense got us down 7-0 before our offense ever got the ball. Not once did our defense hold them to an FG the entire game. No matter where Green Bay started our defense couldn’t keep them out of the endzone. Dak and our offense didn’t play well, but they didn’t give up. Although most of it was in garbage time, Dak still put up over 400 yards and 3 TDs forcing Green Bay to have to reinsert their starters after pulling them early in the 4th quarter. Had the Packers not laid down in the fourth quarter they could’ve scored 60 if they needed to because our defense couldn’t stop them and quit! The Packers offense put up 41 points with over 10 minutes left in the game. That was the worst defensive performance in Cowboys playoff history.
:hammer: :hammer:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Revisionist history...

The score at that point in the game was 7-0 Green Bay and that is when Dak decided to throw his first INT deep inside our own 30

I can't understand why you defend a guy that has to give up if our defense doesn't shut out the other team early in games.

Also, as Moose Johnston said, this isn't just based off this year. Last year and the year before our defense played well enough to win but Dak was his usual CHOKER self..

Reminds me of Romo.
After the pick our defense couldn’t stop them. It took only four plays for them to score a TD. At least make a stop and hold them to an FG but we couldn’t do that the entire damn game. We kept giving up TDs one right after another. Our defense didn’t have a single sack in the game. Dak played poorly, but it wasn’t all on him. I’m tired of fans singling him out as the sole reason we lost the game. This is looking like the same thing we went through with Romo, but it wasn’t all his fault either. We had defensive issues in the playoffs when he was here. Until we build a better team that steps up in the playoffs, we’re going to go through the same thing with every QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He is an average qb like his qb doppelgänger Kirk Cousins for everybody outside of you D.O.D types. Winning percentage is bs because if you want to use that now why are dudes crying we he gets crapped on for these wack playoff games if his win percentage is alllllll him? Can’t have it both ways.

You’re not an intelligent fan just a coward fan who needs to go see the wizard and ask for some heart. You can bring up Washington I can bring up Philly who got rid of a qb who was like Dak in the mvp runnings during his time with the Eagles and they still said nah we good. KC did the same thing and nobody knew for sure Mahommes was going to be this good or he would’ve went number 1. It’s okay since it is your life but don’t try to sugarcoat it and claim you’re “intelligent” because you’re overly cautious. No sir

TB and GB literally moved on from All Time great QBs and went further in then playoffs then we did.

Getting rid of Dak is a no brainer.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I assigned him 30 percent of the blame for the Green Bay loss. What percentage would you give?
I agree the loss was not all Dak but you have to keep in mind there's a reason the QB position is getting $50M+. They have to be the difference when all hell breaks loose, especially in a game as critical as a playoff. I doubt many would be as hard on Dak if he had come out the gate playing his a___ off and we still lost. Instead, he looked unprepared like he didn't have any clue about the importance of the game. I agree 100% that there is a good chance we would have lost the game anyway coz the D was that bad but for me, I would say this loss was 50% Dak, 25% defense, and 25% coaching. You can't demand $50-55M a year and be ordinary, you just can't.

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m just taking it that nobody read my post lol
Lol. I read your post. I agree with your overall premise. Dak by his own admission sucked. But the organization is run very poorly and our players are immature, undisciplined and selfish. Winning in not a priority over self promotion, side gigs and partying.

One thing I agree with is blaming everything on Dak is lazy. That’s true and I’m no Dak fan. I feel fans, myself included, don’t want to accept the fact that Jerry won’t win again with the toxic culture of the organization and he encourages the players to have poor priorities due to his example.

I feel the Dak blame is 30% warranted, he just isn’t the answer due to mental issues in big games. 30% of the blame is due to it’s easier to replace Dak than Jerry, 40% is due to his financial demands. IMO that’s why some fans can’t stand him. I will fully admit for myself that this is how I feel.

Cmac

Reaction score
Should we change the team’s name to the Dakit’s Cowboys? There’s 52 other men on that roster and a coaching staff on the sidelines. No one did their job against Green Bay.
No one.....well said, instead of resorting to the easy way blame. We got issues all over the place to address.

Mr_437

Reaction score
It's been 8 years of losing, the roster has flipped, the coaches have flipped, but the common denominator is supposed to get a pass every year? No way, If you're a "Cowboys fans" QB1 is to blame just as much or more than anything else, and that more than 30%.

kskboys

Reaction score
First off, before people comment after just seeing the thread title, Dak deserves blame (I say 30%) for last month's loss. He, by his own admittance, sucked. Looked scared, uncomfortable and — probably most damning — displayed none of the leadership values we've heralded him for.

Is he the answer? I don't know. What I do know, however, is the problems of this franchise would be nearly impossible for any quarterback to overcome.

— Overhyped: This is the most overhyped roster in all of football. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed on the ground, and was lit up by Geno Smith at home. The offense halted against nearly every single above-average opponent they faced. The numbers were inflated due to the poor division we play in, but this isn't a top-five roster like some had us believe.

— Average head coaches: Here's a fun exercise. Let's look at the opportunities at head coach that our previous two coaches received after they were fired by Dallas. Wade Phillips (3 — interim) and Jason Garrett (0 — not even two full seasons as OC). Mike McCarthy will not have another head coaching opportunity after next season. Simply put - Our head coaches would not even be considered for HC gigs by the league's worst after they've been fired by us. And I'm not even talking about (outside of Dan Quinn) the litany of poor coordinators that overstayed their welcome here.

— Priorities in the wrong place: Micah Parsons doing a podcast with one playoff win on his resume. CeeDee Lamb being a visible drama queen whenever Dak doesn't throw it to him 10 times. Dak doing 15-plus commercials each year. Jerry Jones talking to the media before our head coach. It's a culture that lacks accountability, rewards players for being good in the regular season and not beyond, and prioritizes attention and hype over winning games in January.

— Jerry Jones: Here's another fun exercise. Check back on our schedule releases in recent years. Jerry Jones is front and center in those videos. No other owner in the league does what this man does. He's arguably the greatest businessman in NFL history and should be studied at every single business school across the country. But he's weighed down this franchise with his self-centered antics, know-it-all attitude, and wanting to be everybody's friend. People will keep attending games and buying Cowboys gear... a full-fledged boycott is required to truly incite any tangible change.

I could write a whole essay on my anger and frustration, but this is what it comes back to everytime. Outside of landing a Mahomes-like quarterback, nothing can be done to overcome the culture that JJ has established. I'll root like hell for them on Sundays from September until December, and know that it'll end very quickly in January. As long as JJ acts the way he always has — that won't change — this team is doomed before the season even starts.
Generally, I would agree w/ you, but in this instance it was him. Yes, the D sucked also.

Wizarus

Reaction score
He makes the most money he gets the most blame. And no hee's about to get a 50-60 million dollar extension.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If you’re QB is “30% to blame” you got problems at the position.
Yeah the post didn't make much sense to me. If one player out of a 53 man roster plus a full coaching staff and front office is assigned 30% of the blame that's a massive issue. If you can fix 30% of a problem by replacing one player you replace that player.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
TB and GB literally moved on from All Time great QBs and went further in then playoffs then we did.

Getting rid of Dak is a no brainer.
I'd be scared to get rid of him, what if we got better, would it make me look like a low-IQ loser for supporting this loser for 8 years?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Revisionist history...

Reminds me of Romo.
If Dak reminds you of Romo, then you've lost all credibility. All of it.

Did Romo ever "choke"...certainly. But not as much or as bad Romo haters claim.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
It was a team loss but Dak’s not a QB you can get in a shootout with.

Hes a great front runner and run the scheme.

Get behind and ask him to start throwing all over the yard and into tight windows and the wheels come off quick.
I'm not sure I can agree with you on that but ok

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Beat it D.O.D lol. Dak gets toooo much $$$ to be running all these excuses y’all do for him. If he was getting Purdy pay I’d say yeah cool but not at his salary.
You can say that about any QB. Apparently you don't understand the finances about QBs. Purdy will get his money too. There isn't excuses for any player. But Dak didn't lose the game against GB.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You can say that about any QB. Apparently you don't understand the finances about QBs. Purdy will get his money too. There isn't excuses for any player. But Dak didn't lose the game against GB.
Is this a Cowboys messageboard correct? Knowing that I’m talking about Wak. Don’t care about other qbs just used Purdy to explain the point. Dak definitely did have a big hand in losing that game. Unlike you I’m not hoodwinked by bogus stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.