Bland needed this butt-kicking

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It happens. Bland did have a bad game but it helped that Metcalf was having one of those games where he was just lights out. Geno was throwing absolutely perfect balls, which he can do but usually doesn’t.

Those kind of plays (like Metcalf’s first TD) just about can’t be stopped. The ball was perfect and Metcalf never had to break stride one bit.

Jaxon Smith Njigba is a phenomenal slot and is going to give teams fits for the next decade. What the announcer said about Njigba being great at tracking the ball is right on target. That guy catches balls that the vast majority of pro WR’s wouldn’t. He’s very, very good. With Geno being on fire last night, I’m surprised that Njigba didn’t hurt Dallas more.

Seattle’s offense was just “on” last night in what was basically a playoff game for them. That happens sometimes, which almost always results in a win. The fact that Dallas won despite it being Seattle’s day speaks volumes about this Cowboys team. The Dallas offense was even better and the Dallas D showed up in the end when they had to.

Bland will bounce back from this. It doesn’t hurt for both Bland and Quinn to see this game. They’ll learn from it and to escape with a win is incredibly good.

Last edited:

Kumala808

Reaction score
can we see thomas at safety, wilson is not a coverage guy. And kearse is not the same

Praxit

Reaction score
.Bland is still learning. I assume he only watch tape on the quarterback.
Not on the particular receivers in the Seahawks.
On a bigger note, Geno had more time than usual. Dalla d-line was not getting their fast enough.
It's a luxury factor to a cornerback, knowing your D line is Getting to the quarterback soon.

stiletto

Reaction score
.Bland is still learning. I assume he only watch tape on the quarterback.
Not on the particular receivers in the Seahawks.
On a bigger note, Geno had more time than usual. Dalla d-line was not getting their fast enough.
It's a luxury factor to a cornerback, knowing your D line is Getting to the quarterback soon.
The whole defense is predicated on getting to the QB. They couldn't last night, the Seahawks got the ball out fast and things were exposed.. could be a problem going forward if other teams go with that game plan. Copy cat league.

JustChip

Reaction score
He never was a shut-down corner. He's just a very good player that has great ball-hawk skills.
And a goodly number of his INTs have been about poor passes by the QBs. But what Bland does that hasn’t been done by many here is take advantage of those circumstances. Anthony Brown and Carr would drop as many of those as they pick, maybe more.

nathanlt

Reaction score
He'll grow from this experience and become a complete shutdown CB. Just remember that Diggs had growing pains too!
I like it, because offensive coordinators across the league are going to continue to attack him, somehow forgetting that he is a pick 6 machine. It's like he's playing a long game of chess with offensive coordinators. "I'm having a bad day, so keep throwing on me until I get my pick. Possibly for defensive touchdowns, too."

stinkface

Reaction score
Horrible first half for Bland. It was a total nightmare! By far the worst game of his career. He may have been feeling a little too good about himself after all the accolades the past month. He gave up more receiving yards in the first half than any corner has given up in an entire game this season. he played better in the second half and got a pick but his overall performance will probably cost him any real shot at DPOY. There were a number of fans last week claiming he was a shut down corner. I argued he wasn’t and we saw that last night.
Voters have a short memory. When all is said and done the numbers of pics he makes will determine how many votes he gets for any post season award. If he ends up with a dozen picks he will be an All Pro with zero doubt.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He'll grow from this experience and become a complete shutdown CB. Just remember that Diggs had growing pains too!
Always good to be humbled once in a while. On the first 75 TD to MetCalf he was supposed to have safety help in Cover 2. Safety jumped an underneath crossing route.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
2nd half he played much better and had a pic. Show me which Db in the History of the NFL has not had a dog game

lk8701

Reaction score
He definitely shouldn't win DPOY especially over Micah Parsons. Parsons is much better.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Voters have a short memory. When all is said and done the numbers of pics he makes will determine how many votes he gets for any post season award. If he ends up with a dozen picks he will be an All Pro with zero doubt.
It helps a lot that the Cowboys won the game, but it was nationally televised. He has real good shot at All-Pro but he can’t have another game like last night.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
First year holding it down on the outside. He is going to have some growing pains for sure. I still think the kid is super talented and will be fine. That was a horrible matchup last night. Metcalf is a stud, and, I just so happen to think he would look better in a Cowboys uniform. :cool:

Zman5

Reaction score
The Seattle WRs are good. Before last night, Geno has been the main issue with their passing game . Not their receivers.
Granted it was his rookie year, even Diggs got worked over by Metcalf and Lockett in 2020.
Bland had a bad game. No doubt. But people forget, Bland is only a second year player who mainly worked as a slot corner until Diggs went down this year.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
We've all seen Deion have a bad game or two as well. It happens to every player at every position.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Complete joke. Even the plays he got beat on he covered good. Take away Metcalfs deep TD and it was just a bad game, not a terrible one. By the way Wilson was at fault for that TD. He went to help a guy that was double teamed already instead of helping Bland.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Funny thing is Bland won’t even be starting next year.
What makes you think that? Diggs will be coming off an injury that you don't just spring back from. He will take time to rehabilitate and become again what he once was. Meanwhile, Bland will be starting next year at least for the first part of the season. We need to just hope we can get Gilmore back next season.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Bland got on the league's radar.

Make him keep up with fast players heading upfield. Don't throw outs against him. He's got the knack.

The first td deep was all S, IMO. Bland was playing like he had help, and didn't get any. Bland is not fast enough to hang with Metcalf deep downfield.

Our scheme is supposed to give safety help over the top, so that our long CBs can play underneath. Not great help this year. Wilson has been meh.