Blockbuster movies you've never seen.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Ok, lets hear some movies that you're almost ashamed to tell others that you've never seen. Movies that when you tell someone you've never seen it, they look at you weird.

I have a few.

1. E.T. Sorry, I've tried to get through it, and I always fall asleep in the first 10 minutes. This movie is like Nyquil for me.

2. Lord of the Rings. None of them. I tried to watch the first one, but the whole damn movie was about some short guy running through a forest. Needless to say, I've never seen 2 minutes of any of the other movies.

Lets hear yours.

CowboyWay

Reaction score
bbgun;2647996 said:
Spider Man, Iron Man, Titanic, etc.

WOW. Never seen Spiderman or Titanic????

Funny you mention Iron Man. I've never seen it either and my wife actually brought it home today from Blockbuster. Maybe I'll watch it tomorrow.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
bbgun;2647996 said:
Spider Man, Iron Man, Titanic, etc.

you've never seen titanic?

that movie is top notch in every aspect.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I haven't seen the last "Transformers" movie. I'm usually pretty good about catching most major movies at some point or another though.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2647987 said:
Ok, lets hear some movies that you're almost ashamed to tell others that you've never seen. Movies that when you tell someone you've never seen it, they look at you weird.

I have a few.

1. E.T. Sorry, I've tried to get through it, and I always fall asleep in the first 10 minutes. This movie is like Nyquil for me.

2. Lord of the Rings. None of them. I tried to watch the first one, but the whole damn movie was about some short guy running through a forest. Needless to say, I've never seen 2 minutes of any of the other movies.

Lets hear yours.

lord of the rings
die hard
gangs of new york
the last 3 star wars movies

e.t. was a great movie.

just a few off the top..

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
That's pretty wild that we already have a couple of people that have never seen the LoTR movies. Those are such greatness. All 3 of them would go in my top 10 of all time. Seriously.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
lane;2648003 said:
you've never seen titanic?

that movie is top notch in every aspect.

I'd prefer a documentary over the movie. Tacking on a cheesy teenage love story doesn't help.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Pretty much all of the oscar winners over the last few years.

If the critics love it I pretty much know I won't care to see it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
it's been alot for me

I haven't seen Benjamin Button and Slumdog Millionaire yet, off the top of my head, and probably never will

feel good/supernatural movies just aren't my thing

CowboyWay

Reaction score
bbgun;2648014 said:
I'd prefer a documentary over the movie. Tacking on a cheesy teenage love story doesn't help.

I would normally agree with you, except the cinematography was incredible. The sets were amazing. It really gave you a feeling like you were on the ship.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2648019 said:
I would normally agree with you, except the cinematography was incredible. The sets were amazing. It really gave you a feeling like you were on the ship.

OK, but I better not fall in love with Leo.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
bbgun;2648014 said:

this movie was amazing...

it is not a cheesy love story trust me.

it is based on actual events with a very good love story weaved in.

bb...you got to see this movie bro.

my family and i got to see the titanic exhibit in july.

seeing some of the things we have seen on the documentaries in person was heavy on the chest.

CowboyWay

Reaction score
bbgun;2648028 said:
OK, but I better not fall in love with Leo.

Then don't watch, cause your powers are useless against his man-hunk skills.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2648019 said:

Anytime I pass it on TV, I find myself watching it for a while. I don't like how they put the present day stuff in with the old lady in it. They should have just kept it in one time period. Other than that though, it ain't bad.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Haven't seen "Temple of Doom" in its entirety either. Wish I hadn't seen the last Indy movie at all.

dcdallaschick

Reaction score
Add me to the no "E.T." list.

Others:
--Any of the Rocky movies (boxing is not my cup of tea)
--Anything Rambo (maybe I just don't dig Stallone?)
--Jaws
--Poltergeist
--Exorcist
--Moulin Rouge--the most ridiculous piece of dreck I have ever tried to watch.

I've made an effort to watch some of the ones I missed that are part of popular culture like these (Apocalypse Now, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and the like), but I have no interest in any of the above.

I saw Titanic in a London movie theater that held about the same number of people as were on the ship. When the lights came up, you could get a very powerful visual of just how many people didn't make it. Very powerful stuff.