Blockbuster movies you've never seen.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2648015 said:
Pretty much all of the oscar winners over the last few years.

If the critics love it I pretty much know I won't care to see it.

I used to feel that way. Felt that way about Amadeus but years later I watched it and thought it was a great...no GREAT movie.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;2648376 said:
Have not been to a movie in years.
And have not bothered to watch a lot of these so called blockbusters when they come on TV either, let alone video.
The first Star wars triology; and most of the older movies from the 80's and earlier (Except E.T.>always thought it was dumb and never had any interest)
are the ones I have seen. Jurassic Park was probably the last blockbuster I went to the Theatre to see. Pretty much nothing after that.

Oddly enough the last movie I believe I saw in a Theater was Jurassic park as well.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;2649372 said:
The first 30 minutes of Saving Private Ryan should be mandatory viewing for every High School senior in the country. Showing in a way( that vets said came closest to the real thing )Omaha Beach would drive home reality and the sacrifices of our military in a way nothing else could. Too gory? well that was NOWHERE NEAR what actually happened there.

The first thirty minutes and the last scene with him at the cemetery...the stuff in between is not that great IMO. Band of brothers is better IMO.

But that part at the end of Saving Private Ryan brings on the water works for me every time I have seen it.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2650792 said:
The first thirty minutes and the last scene with him at the cemetery...the stuff in between is not that great IMO. Band of brothers is better IMO.

But that part at the end of Saving Private Ryan brings on the water works for me every time I have seen it.

You big softie :laugh2:

It does me too also the scene in Band Of Brothers when the real Dick Winters says that he wasn't a hero but served in a company of them.

jimmy40

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2649193 said:
He watched the first 10 minutes, that's by far the best part of the opening, and really the entire movie. It's an overrated movie based entirely on the battle scenes, especially the opening, the rest is average at best.
Tell that to the 80 year old veteran that was sitting in the row in front of me crying at the end of the movie.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2650792 said:

I admit I watered up at that Cemetery Scene

WarC

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2648111 said:
Star Trek, they all bore me and there's no shame here.

Ayuh.

I haven't seen any of the Star Trek movies, and none of the Indiana Jones movies, including the newest.

I've seen -scenes- of some of them on TV, but never have I felt compelled to sit down and watch them from beginning to end.

WarC

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2651132 said:
I admit I watered up at that Cemetery Scene

Yep, the beginning and the end of Saving Private Ryan can get me watery.

The scene in Titanic where the captain goes down with the ship, that part gets me watery too.

WarC

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2649162 said:
I watched the original Longest Yard this afternoon and it is SOOOOOOOO much better than the Adam Sandler remake.

I agree! And I'm 22. :D

WarC

Reaction score
lane;2649422 said:
the sounds and authenticity were too much.

My grandfather on my Mother's side was in the Wehrmacht, fought in the eastern front with the German 6th Army after it was surrounded and destroyed by the Soviets.

He lived through some allied bombing raids after being sent back west to heal from injuries - Has described what its like to be bombed by American planes - He looks visibly scared and looks around when thunder strikes. Thunder storms give him the spooks and remind him of the war.