Blood in the Water

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
That will likely be Dak's fault for holding the ball too stinking long. This o-line canard is easily debunked.

Dak has more time to throw than Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Goff, Roethlisberger, and about 25 other guys.

Average time to throw

How many more seconds does he need?

I thought someone posted in another thread that the OL is giving him the most time in the league or one of top 2.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
All they need to do is go back to sprinkling in RPO plays. They did it against the giants and had there defense looking at each other wondering what to do.

We didn’t run a RPO until 6 minutes left in the game. Got 10 yards and drew a flag.

Who ever is taking these plays out of the game plan is wrecking the Offense. This is what Dak does well. He runs and passes off this.
It's what Garrett and Linehan do on the road, they use that stupid conservative game plan, play not to lose philosophy, play for the field goal strategy. You will see a difference next time they play at home. That has always been the MO for these idiots.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
It's what Garrett and Linehan do on the road, they use that stupid conservative game plan, play not to lose philosophy, play for the field goal strategy. You will see a difference next time they play at home. That has always been the MO for these idiots.

This, they did not do it at Carolina nor yesterday. I guess rest of the season, other DC will not have to worry about that play on the road.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It ridiculous to take out plays that spark the Offense. It’s the reason we went 13-3.

JustChip

Reaction score
All they need to do is go back to sprinkling in RPO plays. They did it against the giants and had there defense looking at each other wondering what to do.

We didn’t run a RPO until 6 minutes left in the game. Got 10 yards and drew a flag.

Who ever is taking these plays out of the game plan is wrecking the Offense. This is what Dak does well. He runs and passes off this.

Actually, they ran one early too, on the 2nd drive if I remember. Dak opted to keep and was tackled. The strange thing is the end didn't even give it a thought to bite on the Zeke option and stayed full steam ahead for Dak.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Google "Cowboys Forbes Ranking"

winning!

And about 25% of that is the stadium. Add in the all the new real estate development at the Star, and the importance of the football aspect continues to dwindle. That's my biggest fear when Stephen takes over for real. At least Jerry has SOME interest in the football operation being successful.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Actually, they ran one early too, on the 2nd drive if I remember. Dak opted to keep and was tackled. The strange thing is the end didn't even give it a thought to bite on the Zeke option and stayed full steam ahead for Dak.
I didn’t think that one was designed. Looked like a broken play almost. But your right. I just think putting those plays in a handful of times in a game makes a difference.

JustChip

Reaction score
I didn’t think that one was designed. Looked like a broken play almost. But your right. I just think putting those plays in a handful of times in a game makes a difference.

Those RPOs might just be what it takes to succeed while Dak develops as a pocket QB, if he can develop as one. I don't think RPOs are a long-term success play, but they can be a bridge. I see them like Don Nelson basketball - entertaining and they'll provide short-term success, but ultimately can't get you where you want to go. Plus, I'm not really interested in watching a bunch of college football at the NFL level.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL Linehan moved himself upstairs, so now he is further removed from the action as well. Remember all that talk about him becoming an OC after 2016?

He was already the OC before 2016, and is still the OC

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No, he wasn't. Wasn't great, but 64% completions, rating of 95.1, no interceptions, and won the game. That's hardly "terrible".

There is a bash Dak thread for comments like yours....
64% when you only have a YPA of 6.4 is pretty bad. Plus, he only did damage on one play through the air.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Recall all the love Linehan got in 2016 ? lol...on this board and over on the DC.com board. So whats changed? Is it him or the players? I say its a little of both. Sometimes in any marriage things get a little stagnant,and so you need to hit the old reset button. That may mean firing him,changing the HC...or simply taking a different approach to play calling. I think the latter would be the best thing right now.