Blood in the Water

glimmerman

Reaction score
Those RPOs might just be what it takes to succeed while Dak develops as a pocket QB, if he can develop as one. I don't think RPOs are a long-term success play, but they can be a bridge. I see them like Don Nelson basketball - entertaining and they'll provide short-term success, but ultimately can't get you where you want to go. Plus, I'm not really interested in watching a bunch of college football at the NFL level.
That’s exactly what I am talking about. While he develops these plays will provide that spark they need. If he is going to develop into a pocket passer then this will allow him the time. I notice wilson don’t run as much as he used to.

The difference between the giants game and yesterday’s is noticeable. They took the RPO plays out and made no attempt at a deep pass.

visionary

Reaction score
Dak/Linehan’s inability to hurt a defense will result in teams becoming even more aggressive in their blitzes and overall style of play.

Dak looks punch drunk and teams will pile on and if he remains at QB— this has the potential to get a whole lot worse.

My friends— there is blood in the water, and Dak and Linehan are swimming with the sharks— while Jerry and Stephen drink their cares away above on the deck of the SS Lollipop.

Good thing we have a young QB with great potential to take over :popcorn: in Rush

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry I meant HC, not sure why I typed OC. :(

I was wondering if that's what you meant. In any case, I can't imagine too many were talking about him as a head coach because he failed pretty badly his one previous attempt at being a head coach. Of course there are always fans who are a little over eager to jump on a bandwagon.

glimmerman

Reaction score
So WHY do they do it???
Why? I am figuring they are wanting him to develop into a pocket QB. But the bigger question to me is WHO is doing it.

Linehan calls the plays so I wouldn first think it’s him. But I am starting to wonder if they are being taken out under JG advisement. Linehan wants to move the ball and he knows the RPO plays work. Taking the RPO out makes this Offense flat. Hit or miss.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
64% when you only have a YPA of 6.4 is pretty bad. Plus, he only did damage on one play through the air.

If what he did was terrible what was Taylors 4 for 14? I'm talking comparison. Was Dak good? No. Mediocre, yes. But terrible infers absolutely awful. Just trying to avoid hyperboles..

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
All they need to do is go back to sprinkling in RPO plays. They did it against the giants and had there defense looking at each other wondering what to do.

We didn’t run a RPO until 6 minutes left in the game. Got 10 yards and drew a flag.

Who ever is taking these plays out of the game plan is wrecking the Offense. This is what Dak does well. He runs and passes off this.

This..

Stephen said he didn’t want Dak running so much. Well u neutered the offense Jr.

Romotil45

Reaction score
All they need to do is go back to sprinkling in RPO plays. They did it against the giants and had there defense looking at each other wondering what to do.

We didn’t run a RPO until 6 minutes left in the game. Got 10 yards and drew a flag.

Who ever is taking these plays out of the game plan is wrecking the Offense. This is what Dak does well. He runs and passes off this.

They are trying to tank. Game plan is Justin Herbert in first round.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Oh, another year of Dak. What if Herbert is a Cassel?

No this Kid has a HUGE arm, a Big Ben type of talent but more mobile. They have seen all of Dak they need to see. Hes going to be our Patrick Mahomes after he sits a year.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
That will likely be Dak's fault for holding the ball too stinking long. This o-line canard is easily debunked.

Dak has more time to throw than Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Goff, Roethlisberger, and about 25 other guys.

Average time to throw

How many more seconds does he need?

Not absolving Dak of all the blame, because he deserves a share, but all this time he had to throw means nothing if his receivers can't get open.

Which may be the reason he is holding the ball that long.