News: Bo + Austin = the end for Rod Smith?

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't know why people are so wrapped up in how he will be listed because it's not as if there is a requirement for how many WR's and RBs have to be listed on the roster. If we were to list him as a WR such that there were 6 WRs and 3 RB's shown on the roster, or if we were to list him as a RB such that there were 5 WRs and 4 RBs listed on the roster, it's still all the same. I'm not saying 9 is the hard number they will keep between the two positions, just saying that regardless of the overall number it doesn't matter how they list Austin.
Was only saying it because we usually carry 3 RB and everyone is thinking he will be used as a RB so they automatically think Bo wont make it or will be on the PS. I believe someone in the staff said he will primarily be used as WR.

Like you said we carry 6 WR last year and I think that’s the norm.

But you are correct.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was only saying it because we usually carry 3 RB and everyone is thinking he will be used as a RB so they automatically think Bo wont make it or will be on the PS. I believe someone in the staff said he will primarily be used as WR.

Like you said we carry 6 WR last year and I think that’s the norm.

But you are correct.

I probably should have worded my post a little differently, because I realized you weren't one of the ones that was overly wrapped up in the labels. A number of people seem to be though - like the ones you mention that think Bo will automatically be left out if Austin is listed as a RB.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I probably should have worded my post a little differently, because I realized you weren't one of the ones that was overly wrapped up in the labels. A number of people seem to be though - like the ones you mention that think Bo will automatically be left out if Austin is listed as a RB.
It’s all good. I think if Bo translates to the NFL and is the real deal then he will make the team. Wouldn’t stay on the PS for long. There is always injuries on other teams and someone will grab him up. Should be a exciting and competitive TC.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s all good. I think if Bo translates to the NFL and is the real deal then he will make the team. Wouldn’t stay on the PS for long. There is always injuries on other teams and someone will grab him up. Should be a exciting and competitive TC.

Preseason will say a lot, and I agree Bo has a chance if he shows himself well. I'm also interested in the QB situation, Ideally either Rush or White would end up on the practice squad, but if they both look good in preseason it may be hard for either to clear waivers.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
QBs are more valuable. Cooper was too good to let go, and White is a 5th. Barring a collapse by either, both make the 53. Conceivably one or the other becomes trade bait, but they aren't getting cut.

Bo is simply this year's Darius the Great.

i dont want to argue for the sake of arguing. to be honest, i dont think Copper would net us much. His arm strength is lacking and to be honest Dallas has to worry about getting past the first round more than anything else.

Sorry but the SB isnt based on what you get in trades. Right now Dallas has 20 plus years on their head they have to answer for, keep Bo and solve that problem first, PLenty more QBs will come around to play with afterwards. A trade here or there isnt going to get us to the SB.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Preseason will say a lot, and I agree Bo has a chance if he shows himself well. I'm also interested in the QB situation, Ideally either Rush or White would end up on the practice squad, but if they both look good in preseason it may be hard for either to clear waivers.
Rush has done pretty well in his limited time. White may have a hard time. I don’t watch much college ball so I am not familiar with him. pumped to see LVE and see what he is gonna do.. as well as Jaylon.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rush has done pretty well in his limited time. White may have a hard time. I don’t watch much college ball so I am not familiar with him. pumped to see LVE and see what he is gonna do.. as well as Jaylon.

I can't say I've watched White either, but from everything I've read, and from the film clips I've seen, he should have the strongest arm on the team, and he's said to be a very coachable and willing to work. The biggest knock I've seen is on his mobility, and he apparently had a few difficulties playing behind a very porous O-Line as a senior.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I can't say I've watched White either, but from everything I've read, and from the film clips I've seen, he should have the strongest arm on the team, and he's said to be a very coachable and willing to work. The biggest knock I've seen is on his mobility, and he apparently had a few difficulties playing behind a very porous O-Line as a senior.
We should have a better O-Line this year. I am hoping the injury bug stays away from our O-Line, with our 2nd rounder it sounds like we will be dominating. Our run game will be so strong. But Linehan scares me, if he comes out with new WR and the same formations and scheme we will see the same problems again.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
3rd true back. Rookie 7th round pick.

Not needed on gameday, and safe to try to stash on the PS, as the entire league passed him up for 6 rounds.

I like Bo, but we have a lot of higher priority players to protect on the 53.

Depends on how he does in PS. He is going to get a ton of carries.

He has played ST. Everyone at AL does. His main issue is pass blocking. That being said our second string line is going to be decent with Martin, Fleming, Looney, and Edwards and he could very easily look really good in turn. I imagine Williams is going to get extra snaps over the frontline starters.

And he is a 230 lbs power back. We don't "need" him but we are a running team and we need 3 quality runners. Going with 2 just doesn't make sense to me.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Think of Jefferson Airplane and White Rabbit;)
:laugh:
Actually DD I was& am a huge #95 fan,,,,ya-know? About 33&1/3 % of the time ,he rolls out to play in a noticeable & fierce kinda way to play the ' old school' style of game,,,and I love seeing that:thumbup:

:star::star::star::star::star: