News: Bo + Austin = the end for Rod Smith?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It is just restocking the pond

RSmith has one year left and Bo has 4 years left

We can keep them both and Austin and Olawale

ghst187

Reaction score
Like Bo but looks like PS for him to me. Rod runs the ball well enough plus brings ST and versatility. Can’t imagine going deep at RB because we will have to go deep at WR and/or TE til we can figure who can play

blindzebra

Reaction score
the Cowboys have carried a fb every year since Garrett ran the offense
remember they kept 2 fullbacks last year with Keith and Rod Smith blowing peoples minds cutting the great Darius Jackson
Keith won the job and Rod found work beyond ST
they may have used Keith less last year with Dak but they will have an H back
its situational but still important enough that they will carry a fb guaranteed and why they traded for Olawale

oline refreshed - Zeke available - drafting blocking tightend - trade for fullback
to me that sounds like smashmouth football
They have consistently used the FB between 10 and 12 % under Garrett. They picked up the FB for his receiving ability not his blocking and Schultz is a complete TE not strictly a blocker. We are going to run a ton of single back with four receiver sets using WRs, TEs, and Austin a RB/WR hybrid. We are going to spread them out and run. Also take note that Williams has great feet and is not simply a road grader. Run yes, smashmouth nope.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Like Bo but looks like PS for him to me. Rod runs the ball well enough plus brings ST and versatility. Can’t imagine going deep at RB because we will have to go deep at WR and/or TE til we can figure who can play

PS will be death for him. we might as well keep him or tell one of teh RBs we ll just draft their replacement next year. These arent hard to draft.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Don't know if they would use a roster spot for a fullback, since we almost never use them... Sure seemed to work well back in the day with Moose though lol.

With Witten and Hanna leaving, I think there is a real chance for a FB to be part of the base offense. FB + Beasley.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It’s this simple: Rod can play special teams. Can Bo? Because he’s going to need to contribute on special teams to make the team.

Can you imagine someone like that as a gunner on the punt team!?!
He has the speed and moves well. Maybe he can also return kickoffs.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Bo will need to be useful on special teams to justify retaining him for the 53 man roster. The more you can do, the more are needed.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
That's more production in that single "Bo" touch,,,than I've witnessed out of any 4 combined from #45:starspin:
I personally am aware of what 'poor form' it is in quoting oneself, yet I'm compelled to hold in repudiation of myself, concerning this prior statement,,,#45 had a career best 4th quarter monster showing against N.Y. last year;)

* sometimes the ol' light bulb up in the pilot house dims down on meo_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Man,I'd just ran thru the rabbit hole of you tube that Hunka-Hunka's #95 thread thrust me into & ended up 're' witnessing that performance of #45,,,that first bullseye from #4 for 81& score was some sweet precision :thumbup:

:starspin::star::starspin: