Bob Sturm: "This time next week, Dak will have a deal"

Jipper

Reaction score
It's all bs...Jerry is sticking to his guns on this one, thankfully, and dak is either going to crash and burn or miraculous do something special ( highly unlikely).

Either way, Jerry is going to guarantee a different outcome this season, which I am good with

John813

Reaction score
The front office feet are not close enough to the fire to get a deal done asap with Dak.
He isn't holding out or in. They are supposedly going back and forth with France.
Unless they get an ultimatum I doubt they rush.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I have always thought that sept 1 is the real deadline, as they might want to get a deal done before the Season starts.
If it doesnt happen by then , it probably wont happen till end of season, if at all.

It looked like jones boys were going to cave, but maybe not.

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah and the team that made the bust played in the Super Bowl. Just a reminder for all of the folks that claim a 10 drought at QB if Slak leaves.
uhh they played in the superbowl before him as well lol. highly different scenarios.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
JJ wasn't kidding when he was talking about ambiguity. There is no deadline to re-sign Dak. In reality, Jerry has made the decision to let Dak play out the season on his current contract's final season. You people need to stop anticipating the new contract to happen any day now. ;)

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Let's be honest! If Dak told Jerry he would do a team friendly deal and accept 30 mil a season Jerry still shouldn't sign him. The guy just stinks when the playoffs start.
I mean Jerry basically leaked he offered him 55 and Dak is pretty much saying no...makes this post seem kinda sily

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is Bob Strum's claim to fame again?
Please man please, surprised some of you thought this BOZO had the goods on a new Daktrash deal!!!! :muttley:

RoboQB

Reaction score
If he wanted under 60M he would be signed. Maybe its 62M does it make a difference? he wants north of 60M, it's the going rate and he needs to do it for the NFL brotherhood.

His words not mine, he has an obligation. Did you finish high school?
To your point, the top two QB cap numbers for 2025 are currently $66M (Mahomes) and $64M (D. Watson).
So yes, Dak's position is likely to play out his contract
and be the highest paid in 2025. Unless Jerry wants to give it to him mid-season. (Let's hope not.)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For all the criticism he has attracted, it should be noted all good, so-so and bad predictions are guesses until proven otherwise. A good number of people, both inside and outside CowboysZone, make predictions often--probably more frequently than Sturm does.