Bob Sturm: "This time next week, Dak will have a deal"

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Sturm is a pretty good source. If true, I'll be sick to my stomach. If a deal is done, the best we can hope for is that Dak took less...which given his public comments that seems off the table.

Carson

Reaction score
Sturm is a pretty good source. If true, I'll be sick to my stomach. If a deal is done, the best we can hope for is that Dak took less...which given his public comments that seems off the table.
The problem is if you don’t extend Dak, he still hits you for $40 million next year.

By extending him, you can alleviate this cap over a few years allowing you to extend Lamb for four-five years and extend Micah the following season or even better in two seasons.

Ideally, Daks contract is about to fall off in four years when Micah’s and CeeDees cap hits become huge. You then are only faced with one, maybe two seasons where Dak, Micah and Lamb are massive hits on your cap.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
The problem is if you don’t extend Dak, he still hits you for $40 million next year.

By extending him, you can alleviate this cap over a few years allowing you to extend Lamb for four-five years and extend Micah the following season or even better in two seasons.

Ideally, Daks contract is about to fall off in four years when Micah’s and CeeDees cap hits become huge. You then are only faced with one, maybe two seasons where Dak, Micah and Lamb are massive hits on your cap.
The problem is that if you do extend Dak, he's your QB - going up against Jordan Love, Brock Purdy, Jalen Hurts, Jared Goff ...or any other QB that doesn't wet the bed on cue in the playoffs.

Carson

Reaction score
The problem is that if you do extend Dak, he's your QB - going up against Jordan Love, Brock Purdy, Jalen Hurts, Jared Goff ...or any other QB that doesn't wet the bed on cue in the playoffs.
I hear you. But the NFL is very year to year and our defense also seems to crap the bed in the playoffs (just as much as the offense when they go 3 and out and do not get any momentum).

Jordan Love is 1-1 in the playoffs .Brock Purdy is 4-2, Hurts is 2-3, Goff is 5-4.

Playoff wins are very tough in the league. That’s why guys like Josh Allen and Lamar struggle.

I am not pro or anti Dak. But I do know extending him allows the most flexibility for this team.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I hear you. But the NFL is very year to year and our defense also seems to crap the bed in the playoffs (just as much as the offense when they go 3 and out and do not get any momentum).

Jordan Love is 1-1 in the playoffs .Brock Purdy is 4-2, Hurts is 2-3, Goff is 5-4.

Playoff wins are very tough in the league. That’s why guys like Josh Allen and Lamar struggle.

I am not pro or anti Dak. But I do know extending him allows the most flexibility for this team.
You're talking stats bro...I'm talking talent of the players who he must compete against during a do-or-die game. I don't mean to be argumentative (truly), but your eyes tell you that Dak is overwhelmed where other men are invigorated. It's a fatal flaw. Especially when he's asking for cap-crippling money. He's not worth it.

rambo2

Reaction score
maybe, it is wait and see, so many variables this year, hard to say accurately.
Many of us dont care about DD wins, except for are we # 1 seed?
That would help in playoffs, and most the main question is how will they do in playoffs?

Again that is hard to predict right now .
It's fun to watch.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
faWihbd.png

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Dak will have a contract before the season starts. So will DeeDee. So will Micah.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am just here so I don't get fined.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dak Haters.....will forever live through the Dak Hate narratives and their next eye test will travel that swamp with social media and the Cowboys front office adding kerosene:lmao2::lmao2:
You are a Lance hater, we all know why, but can't say it here.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I doubt it but in other news... Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones are low key angry at the NFL player agents "learning to collude".....the QB deals are being signed based on the Agents market value metrics.

Why would Todd France tell his runner up MVP client to sign any deal until the "lesser" QBs get there deals done?

Lawrence...Tua....Love....Prescott is next.
Yes and no.

It is based on those metrics, but I'm sure they had a number - probably close to $60m - that would have gotten it done months ago.

Qcard

Reaction score
You are a Lance hater, we all know why, but can't say it here.
Yep... It's because my 4yr and 3yr old have more career passes than Trigger Trey.....

But I'll be disingenuous if I don't give Trey Lance for adding 10lbs of muscle in one month :laugh: :laugh: :lmao2:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth........

I liked him as a numbers man. Often detailed, fundamental sound, stayed to the facts. Some interpretation but not that it made you scratch your head.

Now as a fortune teller idk. Well its a-social media that drags down your standards i guess. Once showing glimpses of talent all forgotten after they switch on their cells.

As the great Freddy once said: Another one bites the dust.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This is the best and most honest post I've seen on this board in years. This right here sums it up perfectly!!!
Well, thanks for the kind words.
I have just resigned myself that as long as Jerry is large and in charge, the best I can hope for is a divisional chip.

Flamma

Reaction score

I think they will extend Dak, but they don't need to do so for Lamb. Lamb himself alleviates cap space. Not much. But some.

I have yet to look how a 40M dead cap would affect the cap situation if Dak isn't extended. But if he is extended, that 40M is added to the extension. In order to make Dak's cap hits friendly for the first 2-3 years, the back end of his contract would look absurdly high.