Twitter: Bobby Belt:Dak and the Cowboys offense since 2018

Brax

Reaction score
Go Tak Go!!
giphy.gif
And that’s with a good thumb

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dak hasn’t shown much since the bye last season. Before that he was great. He just needs to get his confidence back and the line needs to give him time.

He’s not an elite player but we don’t need an elite QB with this defense.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Those rankings mean absolutely nothing. Routinely rolling up 300 yards in the 4th quarter when the game's over doesn't translate to good offense.

The Cowboys offense was complete garbage last year against good teams during the part of the game that mattered..

Ok .......but we were 12-5 on a team that led the league in penalties.

TWOK11

Reaction score
No dude.

Numbers don't mean anything unless they reinforce my "eye" test evals. LOL.

Really Dak’s only notable shortcoming when compared to the “elite” QBs is on passes outside the hashmarks more than 15 yards downfield. Statistically on everything else including the deep middle he’s comparable to Allen, Mahomes, etc. He’s actually better in the intermediate middle of the field than Allen is.

erod

Reaction score
Really Dak’s only notable shortcoming when compared to the “elite” QBs is on passes outside the hashmarks more than 15 yards downfield. Statistically on everything else including the deep middle he’s comparable to Allen, Mahomes, etc. He’s actually better in the intermediate middle of the field than Allen is.
Oh...my....God.

LOL, that is the definition of football idiocy.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If there's a poster here who does not wanna see our offense with these rankings, regardless of who's quarterbacking.........

Reactions: BAT

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dak is 6-6 in his last 12 games, and 18-18 in his last 36 games. Some of those can be chalked up to some historically bad NFL defenses in Dallas, but Dak needs to prove he can overcome team deficiencies to elevate himself into the upper stratosphere of QB's. It's really that simple.

I agree 100%

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Dak hasn’t shown much since the bye last season. Before that he was great. He just needs to get his confidence back and the line needs to give him time.

He’s not an elite player but we don’t need an elite QB with this defense.
:hammer:

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
Most of Dak’s stats come in garbage time when the game is out of anyone’s control. He sucks in the first Q and becomes the 4th Q hero cause the opposing defense goes into prevent.

Man, this is a massive generalization for a 6 year period. You could say this for a single game, but to generalize over a half decade of football is ridiculous. I’m not the biggest Dak homer, but the guy has consistently led good offenses his entire career. Over 6 seasons, things smooth out (blow outs, close games, come backs, etc.). No, his half decade of quality football was not all in garbage time.

mardwin

Reaction score
Dak has played in 4 playoff games. He was really good in two of them, pretty good in another and only had one clunker. Given every QBs number snaps QBR drop in the playoffs (because you’re playing better teams more consistently) I guess I don’t see the issue.

Joe Burrow played in 4 playoff games last year including the SB and only had one game as good as any of Dak’s three good or better playoff showings.

I would take Burrow over Dak any time.

erod

Reaction score
Ok .......but we were 12-5 on a team that led the league in penalties.

And 9 of those wins were against the horrible NFC East, Atlanta, New Orleans with a 3rd string QB, and Carolina. Cooper Rush won the critical game at Minnesota, so Dak beat two decent teams. New England and San Diego, and the Chargers got jobbed by the refs in that game.

Denver, Kansas City, and San Francisco were train wrecks.

erod

Reaction score
If there's a poster here who does not wanna see our offense with these rankings, regardless of who's quarterbacking.........
I want to see quality wins against good opponents. I couldn't give a rat's buttocks about statistical rankings that mean nothing.

Creeper

Reaction score
OMG! People will ignore anything to trash Dak. Of course specific stats don't tell the entire story, but we have to be honest. Last year and in this season so far is the first time in a long time the Cowboys have had a defense that can actually help win games. Before last year what were the Cowboys turnover stats? We were at the bottom of the league in take-aways every year. The fact that the Cowboys won any games is only because their offense could put points on the board.

Let's be honest, if that had those defenses from 2019 and 2018 today, would Rush have won eve one of the last 4 games? We know the answer. And it is NO.

Dak can be an excellent QB at times and other times he gets sloppy with his decisions and mechanics. But when he is on, he is one of the best in the league. Before Kellen Moore got him, Dak was developing every year. Since then he has hit a plateau.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak has played in 4 playoff games. He was really good in two of them, pretty good in another and only had one clunker. Given every QBs number snaps QBR drop in the playoffs (because you’re playing better teams more consistently) I guess I don’t see the issue.

Joe Burrow played in 4 playoff games last year including the SB and only had one game as good as any of Dak’s three good or better playoff showings.

Playoffs by year:

2016 Dallas losing 28-13 vs GB to start the 4th quarter before Dak started racking up stats

2018 Dak was mediocre vs. Seattle (Zeke carried that game) and then Dallas was losing 23-7 vs. LAR in 3rd quarter before Dak added some stats

2021 Dak was horrible and saw Dallas losing 23-7 to start the 4th quarter before adding stats

Notice the theme of Dak waiting until late in game to add stats?