Twitter: Bobby Belt:Dak and the Cowboys offense since 2018

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
They always fail to mention that he plays in the weakest Division in the NFL

Dak’s record outside of this division is 28-27
It's just another misleading stat that is supposed to make us believe Dak is some type of GOAT that we just aren't "football smart" enough to appreciate.

Meanwhile, we're 4-0 with him in street clothes.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Most of Dak’s stats come in garbage time when the game is out of anyone’s control. He sucks in the first Q and becomes the 4th Q hero cause the opposing defense goes into prevent.

This is patently false and has been disproven countless times through analysis of the actual numbers.

That being said, I do think there is a little more to this than the numbers provided by Bobby but they provide a relatively decent picture of the level of QB play we get.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Funny how no results in the post-season have become of these 'amazing' Dak led stats.
That’s because, like Romo, the defense always sucked, and Moore abandoned the balance of having a run game. Stop focusing on who plays QB and accept the premise that with this defense, any offense at least in the top 10 would give us a much better chance than trying to win with defense alone. How many years under both Romo and Dak did we wish for a defense in the top half of the league.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
That’s because, like Romo, the defense always sucked, and Moore abandoned the balance of having a run game. Stop focusing on who plays QB and accept the premise that with this defense, any offense at least in the top 10 would give us a much better chance than trying to win with defense alone. How many years under both Romo and Dak did we wish for a defense in the top half of the league.
The defense sucked last year?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Funny how no results in the post-season have become of these 'amazing' Dak led stats.
Dak Prescott has a passer rating of 87.9 with 1,048 yards, 6 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in 4 games in the playoffs in his career.

I guess the OP did not want to lay it on thicker.

Dak is not the problem. It is the HC and OC that think he should be throwing to ball around like he is a franchise QB i.e. Pat Mahomes. Romo had the same fate (no he was not a franchise QB either ask Peyton Manning). Parcells warned Jerry about over using Romo before Jerry Dumbo GM Jones ran him off. Wilson (who scouted Prescott) warned them about over using Dak in passing attempts per game.

You are what you are.

Reactions: BAT

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Dak has played in 4 playoff games. He was really good in two of them, pretty good in another and only had one clunker. Given every QBs number snaps QBR drop in the playoffs (because you’re playing better teams more consistently) I guess I don’t see the issue.

Joe Burrow played in 4 playoff games last year including the SB and only had one game as good as any of Dak’s three good or better playoff showings.
They don't understand that

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Dak hasn’t shown much since the bye last season. Before that he was great. He just needs to get his confidence back and the line needs to give him time.

He’s not an elite player but we don’t need an elite QB with this defense.

Dont think he was 100% after Pats game honestly.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I'll do you one better, how many playoff wins have we had since Aikman?

That's on the FO.

Cowboys have had Aikman, Testaverde, Bledsoe, Carter, Romo, Prescott, Dalton, Rush since Jimmy Johnson left.

The results were EXACTLY the same.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
That's on the FO.

Cowboys have had Aikman, Testaverde, Bledsoe, Carter, Romo, Prescott, Dalton, Rush since Jimmy Johnson left.

The results were EXACTLY the same.
Well....I don't think all the blame goes to the FO. I think it's a little bit of everyone.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Well....I don't think all the blame goes to the FO. I think it's a little bit of everyone.

Did you not see that list of QBs????

Aikman was on there too.

Post Jimmy, Aikman became a shell of himself. After 1997 he was never the same.

The run-pass balance + great OL + dominant defense ended. Great at all 3 phases.

Cowboys needed all 3 but FO nickeled and dimed this team since.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Go Tak Go!!
giphy.gif
Elite stuff right there

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Most of Dak’s stats come in garbage time when the game is out of anyone’s control. He sucks in the first Q and becomes the 4th Q hero cause the opposing defense goes into prevent.
There is so much truth to this!