Video: Bobby Belt on 105.3: McCarthy most likely coming back

starfan1

Reaction score
If he wasn’t then they would’ve fired him by now.

So expect the band to be back together. They will sell Diggs and Overshown as the saviors and a first round pick. Rinse repeat.
if they can shore up the issues on D through FA and draft its possible. alot rides on what they decide with Dak

HungryLion

Reaction score
Who would have thought in Jerry's old age he would have turned into a conservative, slow to react, risk averse, decision procrastinator?

He used to blow through head coaches and wheel and deal in the draft. Today he does neither.

When he was younger with more time he was impatient. Now that he's older with less time he's become patient.

Nothing about him makes sense.
This is one thing that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

IF they really believe Dak is their guy.(I don’t anymore) Shouldn’t they be in aggressive win now mode? Not this…… oh we have to be conservative in free agency and roster construction because we are worried about the cap 3 years from now?

It doesn’t make any sense to me.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
What,Go 12 & 5 Again With a Early Exit In The Playoffs.. :banghead: Here You Can Get a Year Jump On to Reset And Bring In B.B.:bow:

StylisticS

Reaction score
True on both points. But this is the year Jerry has two worthy replacements waiting in the wings - Harbaugh and Belicheck. He most likely won't have those options next year.

Personally, I think Jerry's age is affecting his decision making. He feels he is too old to restart with a new staff.
That’s exactly what this is. He will be 82 in the fall. He knows this maybe the last yes man coach he could get.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If he wasn’t then they would’ve fired him by now.

So expect the band to be back together. They will sell Diggs and Overshown as the saviors and a first round pick. Rinse repeat.
A quiet, finesse, timid corner and a basically rookie year lb. Yikes

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Where i get confused is that if we do indeed plan to bring mike back, what is the plan if we have a repeat of this year? You have pretty good to great coaches available this year that won't be available next offseason. So anyone next year would just likely be a worse alternative to Mccarthy. Don't get why that isn't a thought in Jerry's head...Don't think you will have a situation of having this type of coaching pool for a while so it really doesn't make sense to keep the status quo..

thinking about that scares me more, because now i'm worried about an garrett/moore type of situation again

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Cry me a river. Attacking other fans is the common fallback for individuals unwilling to do whatever is necessary and accomplish what they blame others for.

So, what have you done to not enable Jones in order to motivate that idiot to step down as general manager? What? Cry on an internet forum and not buy a jersey?
100% the "Fans fault" narrative is not only niave its ignorant..in any franchise..

tomokawan

Reaction score
No one should be surprised McCarthy is coming back. IMO for two main reasons. 1. McCarthy has not lost the locker room. 2. Jerry hates firing coaching with remaining years on their contract.
Well, expect unprepared for big games, poor game management, the most penalties in the league again. SMH

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
if they can shore up the issues on D through FA and draft its possible. alot rides on what they decide with Dak
The only possible way is to lessen Daks cap hit. And as much of a fan of Dak I am I don’t think that’s the right move. Maybe for next season but not after. If they want to bring Dak back he needs to be in his last year.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I expected this but it’s amazing that guys like Irvin and some pretty smart former players are saying “blow it up” and Gomer and son are going to run it back without Quinn and act like it’s fixed. Jerry admitted Sunday that his handling of Garrett was wrong…keeping him so long..and that he thinks about that. So basically he’s going to do the same
There is a difference between Garrett and McCarthy. Garrett was the head coach for what, almost a decade? He turned in 2 12+ win seasons and went to the playoffs 3 times so he made playoffs 1/3 of the time.

McCarthy has been here 4 seasons and made the playoffs 75% of the time so definitely more consistent in getting his teams there.

Neither has had playoff success in the attempts they've each had, which at the end of the day is the ultimate measuring stick. At this point it does seem more likely McCarthy returns, but if he does his seat will be the hottest in the NFL because its either make it beyond the divisional round or he won't be back. This is his last year on his contract anyway.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why? Jerry/Stephen are still going to be in charge. Thats what you dont seem to understand.
It is like some people think you get rid of a family member's brain tumor by irradiating the family.

Inside their homes.

Five states away.