Recap: Bobby Belt on Kelvin Joseph

Pass2Run

Reaction score
That's how people roll. They'll tell you up and down never to trust the media until the media reports something they want to believe, then it's "the truth the other media has been trying to keep from me." As soon as it was known Joseph had a rap interest, they've been wanting to bury the guy from Day 1 because if their own personal biases. This is how prejudice works. The person never gets the benefit of the doubt.

Right. People are mad because they've stayed out of trouble their whole lives and now Kelvin Joseph, who was caught up in something they've never been caught up in, gets to be millionaire on their favorite team and they don't get to live that kind of life, so it irritates them to see someone like Joseph have more success than they've had in life.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I have no idea why the team takes these gambles on injured players or players with character concerns in the 2nd round. We passed on Asante Samuel Jr, a proven team player with an excellent track record and NFL pedigree in his bloodline, for Joseph. Why?
This is why the Cowboys have yet to reach an NFC Championship Game in 27 years, because the Cowboys front office keeps using super costly 1-3 round picks on very questionable players who don't pan out. There is no way you can build a consistently competitive team that way.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Right. People are mad because they've stayed out of trouble their whole lives and now Kelvin Joseph, who was caught up in something they've never been caught up in, gets to be millionaire on their favorite team and they don't get to live that kind of life, so it irritates them to see someone like Joseph have more success than they've had in life.
Probably the most ignorant comment I've read in here in a very long time.

Unbelievable. Can't believe YOU said it. Very disappointing bro.

Haimerej

Reaction score
It's funny to see people casting doubt on what Belt is saying while at the same time making excuses for Joseph being in the drive-by. On one hand, you're saying Belt is off base for calling him incredibly immature while on the other hand you dismiss him not reporting the murder he witnessed because of his immaturity.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Probably the most ignorant comment I've read in here in a very long time.

Unbelievable. Can't believe YOU said it. Very disappointing bro.
AC, after all the stupid crap you've seen people write in here, do you really doubt there's a grain of truth in what he said, at least for a few people?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I get the whole athlete thinking and there’s a place for it
But to me my main factors are love for the game, heart and desire

Those things do overcome a lot of shortcomings, but it can be harder to measure if they are enough to succeed on this level.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Exactly. This was his MO in college.

Now, sometimes guys grow out of this. The Cowboys obviously think he was worth the risk given his talent and skill set, which is arguably very elite. But seems to me the Cowboys don't actually fare well in these types of situations where they bank on athleticism and think they can help a kid mature.
I couldn't agree more. It's the same failed logic as taking a risky gamble on players that are or have been injured. It seems like it never pans out. Even the higher quality 2nd rounders that are legit players didn't start right out of the box.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Belt is accurate Joseph won’t make the final 53. I’ve been saying all along Joseph’s status with the team is shaky.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Here's a drive-by in Jackson County.

They only found 1 gun in the car but they arrested all three occupants. Do you guys think they passed the gun around when they were shooting at the house? They only arrest the guy(s) who pull(s) the trigger in these situations, right?

The weird thing is every time I look up drive-by shootings in Texas they keep arresting everyone in the car. It's almost as if Joseph is getting some kind of special treatment.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Here's a drive-by in Jackson County.

They only found 1 gun in the car but they arrested all three occupants. Do you guys think they passed the gun around when they were shooting at the house? They only arrest the guy(s) who pull(s) the trigger in these situations, right?

The weird thing is every time I look up drive-by shootings in Texas they keep arresting everyone in the car. It's almost as if Joseph is getting some kind of special treatment.
hum, maybe the handicap rule. it wouldn't have anything to do with being a football player, would it? I doubt it.

maybe they can nickname him special k.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
AC, after all the stupid crap you've seen people write in here, do you really doubt there's a grain of truth in what he said, at least for a few people?
Runny, maybe it may be true for a handful of people, but he should have said as much about a few people, not make it seem as if everyone or most everyone feels that way.

coult44

Reaction score
Big freaking shame on this kid....came in with his head not on the game but on his brand, in rap even. Associating with the wrong people, and there you have it. He would need to do a 180.....but who wants to bet that he will. Looks like things can only get worse for this kid. Wasted talent.

Shane on SJ and Willy fur wasting lots of draft capital on this punk!!!

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

Nobody is jealous of Kelvin Joseph. I know I do not want his life. It'd be more fitting if you were arguing people are Jealous of Dak or Zeke or Parsons. But Joseph?