Bottom line the FO doesn't want a 2-3 year rebuild

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Getting Vrabel or Harbaugh is what this team needs IMO to get over the hump. However given the play style is much different than the way the roster is currently constructed it would’ve taken a 2-3 year rebuild to get the roster the way they want it.

During that time you have to make a decision on Prescott, Lamb and Parsons and then probably Bland, Tyler Smith, etc.

I think Jerry saw a long term rebuild as cementing not winning a Super Bowl while he was alive. Whereas the chances the next 2 years probably aren’t great they definitely are higher than going from a finesse team to a 49ers/Ravens/Lions style in 1 year.

So the FO is trying to make a couple easy tweaks rather than rebuild this thing all the way

bewp7

Reaction score
thats ok

keeping mccarthy and extending dak also cement not winning a super bowl for even longer and i am glad

jerry diserves to be embarassed and to lose every single game

i am at the point of rooting for cowboys to lose and i am ok to say it

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Amazing how so many other teams don't need half a decade to rebuild. Only us, apparently.
Going from an air it out to a ground and pound on both sides will take more than a year. Especially when in 2-3 years Martin and Tyron need to be replaced also.

JBS

Reaction score
Jerry is over 80 years old. The only year he's thinking about is the next one. One of the downsides of an owner/GM staring at his own mortality.
Makes this decision to keep McCarthy even dumber

Chasing6

Reaction score
Getting Vrabel or Harbaugh is what this team needs IMO to get over the hump. However given the play style is much different than the way the roster is currently constructed it would’ve taken a 2-3 year rebuild to get the roster the way they want it.

During that time you have to make a decision on Prescott, Lamb and Parsons and then probably Bland, Tyler Smith, etc.

I think Jerry saw a long term rebuild as cementing not winning a Super Bowl while he was alive. Whereas the chances the next 2 years probably aren’t great they definitely are higher than going from a finesse team to a 49ers/Ravens/Lions style in 1 year.

So the FO is trying to make a couple easy tweaks rather than rebuild this thing all the way
Jerry does not have time to waste. The clock is ticking.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Here's the only way you'll ever see a rebuild in Dallas:

31,900+ Coffin Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images ...

Sydla

Reaction score
Then they don't really want to win a SB.

Because at this point, if they can't see what they are doing isn't working, they never will. And if they aren't willing to make hard, necessary changes that might result in a couple of down years, then they aren't serious when they say their goal is to win a SB.

Further, if they are afraid of entering a period of multiple poor seasons if they make some tough choices, then that tells me they aren't confident in their ability to adjust on the fly, make the required changes and get this team back to winning in a couple of years like other franchises can.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

These tweaks will result in the same, another loss (assuming they make it even) post season failure!