Bottom line the FO doesn't want a 2-3 year rebuild

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m hoping against hope that Jerry sees that the just need a new DC and a handful of players, RB, LB, DL and OL and goes all in free agency.
The running game wasn’t the problem on Sunday. The offensive line hasn’t been the problem (we had 3 All Pros. THREE!!!)

Dak, Lamb, McCarthy, and the defense were the problems on Sunday.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
I wonder if Vrabel would consider a defensive coordinator job here...

batman36

Reaction score
They overvalue draft picks. I know Dallas has hit on a ton in recent years. At the same time I'm pretty sure this team would have gone 12-5 this year minus Mazi Smith and Luke Schoonmaker.
I agree with you. Yes, draft picks are important in player selections, but they can be used in roster construction, as well. While it probably won't happen, it'd be neat to see them use a pick(s) to try and acquire Tennessee Titan's DT Jeffery Simmons this off-season. Or, since KC's Chris Jones is going to be a free agent, swing big and make a run at him.

I realize the Cowboys don't plow in those pastures, but its past time something changes.

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then they don't really want to win a SB.

Because at this point, if they can't see what they are doing isn't working, they never will. And if they aren't willing to make hard, necessary changes that might result in a couple of down years, then they aren't serious when they say their goal is to win a SB.

Further, if they are afraid of entering a period of multiple poor seasons if they make some tough choices, then that tells me they aren't confident in their ability to adjust on the fly, make the required changes and get this team back to winning in a couple of years like other franchises can.
Agreed. But if we are all being honest, this organization has been “running it back” for decades. At least since Parcells.

It is really hard to understand why any Cowboys fan with both eyes open would honestly think this is an organization 100% committed to removing ANY obstacle to winning a championship.

Until the Cowboys win at least at the bare minimum divisional playoff game again, I consider this organization to primarily be two things:
1. A family toy designed and run for the pleasure of its owner.
2. A cash cow that gives the Jones family leverage to fool themselves and a large portion of the public into thinking they are an outstanding organization.

I’m a fan out of loyalty. But I don’t buy anymore that this organization is serious about doing whatever it takes to win a championship. Because that is clearly false.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
At this point I would like to see them do what the Rams did a few years ago. Give up a ton of picks and cap space to go all-out for a title. If it means five or six years to recover so what?

We've waited almost 30 years already anyway.
Yeah, but then we have a bunch of guys who CAN play in the playoffs but a bumbling walk-a-bout coach who stinks at playcalling, has no in-game management skills, and..."we weren't ready to play". Bringing back a lame HC is just the first sign that we are doing absolutely nothing this offseason to improve.

batman36

Reaction score
I wonder if Vrabel would consider a defensive coordinator job here...
If he doesn't get a Head Coaching job, he might consider it. And with the idea he might be the heir apparent here if next season falls short of expectations.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
What a JOKE. The program needs an overhaul here.

He thinks this team that bent backwards for 48 pts at home is gonna bring home a Lombardi.

GOOD GRIEF

kskboys

Reaction score
Getting Vrabel or Harbaugh is what this team needs IMO to get over the hump. However given the play style is much different than the way the roster is currently constructed it would’ve taken a 2-3 year rebuild to get the roster the way they want it.

During that time you have to make a decision on Prescott, Lamb and Parsons and then probably Bland, Tyler Smith, etc.

I think Jerry saw a long term rebuild as cementing not winning a Super Bowl while he was alive. Whereas the chances the next 2 years probably aren’t great they definitely are higher than going from a finesse team to a 49ers/Ravens/Lions style in 1 year.

So the FO is trying to make a couple easy tweaks rather than rebuild this thing all the way
Jerry never rebuilds. That's why the lack of playoff success for 28 yrs. Jerry quite simply does not understand GMing an NFL team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The running game wasn’t the problem on Sunday. The offensive line hasn’t been the problem (we had 3 All Pros. THREE!!!)

Dak, Lamb, McCarthy, and the defense were the problems on Sunday.
The lack of running game was the #1 reason for Sunday.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
The thing Jerry said to justify his decision was that we were "close" but how? It's not like we went to 3 straight NFC championship games and lost in the last minute

If we are close, so are the Cardinals the Seahawks the chargers because they played us closer than we played the actual contenders this season.

Imagine the Cardinals owner saying this nonsense, it's infuriating

I always liked Jerry as an owner and never understood the hate ... Till now. It really is all his fault. Worst GM in sports history.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
We are facing a rebuild anyhow after having to pony up for Dak, Micah and Lamb...how will there be any money to resign/sign any free agents to make this roster competitive again? Wayyyyyyyy to many holes to fill and it's clear we will only be worse off next year. Why am I the only one who can see this?

Mannix

Reaction score
-----Bottom line the FO doesn't want a 2-3 year rebuild

No...they want another 28 year rebuild.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ignoring free agency doesn’t sound like a guy that wants a SB because he is gonna die soon.

If he thought so, we may have actually had one recently.

Jerry doesn’t run the team, the kid does…and he thinks he can compete every season by using the draft only.

The delusion may run even deeper with him than Jerry.

Maybe it’s too soon, but I gotta say it’s getting easier to not care.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ignoring free agency doesn’t sound like a guy that wants a SB because he is gonna die soon.

If he thought so, we may have actually had one recently.

Jerry doesn’t run the team, the kid does…and he thinks he can compete every season by using the draft only.

The delusion may run even deeper with him than Jerry.

Maybe it’s too soon, but I gotta say it’s getting easier to not care.
Oh, we'll get us a FA. Prolly a CB or WR, maybe an injured LB.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They ran and tossed the ball down our throats on Sunday from start to finish, what does that have to do with our running game? Can't establish any running game when in the blink of an eye you are down 3 touchdowns
If you don’t understand what a lack of running game and not being able to stop the run does when you play good teams then I can’t help you.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
isn't that cute? you guys getting upset like this steaming pile of crap was ever going to win anything. Jerry loves all of you guys who just can't see there will never be a Super Bowl here again. They will extend the choker and you Eagles fans on here will be ecstatic.
The outrage is just funny. I bet you guys already had your stupid gear ready for the next game talking big about how it is our year. :lmao: