Bottom line the FO doesn't want a 2-3 year rebuild

tomokawan

Reaction score
They have said repeatedly that they want to have a team capable of winning it for a longer period of time. I think keeping MIke (like you said) enables that to continue.

They need to go hard to remake the defensive roster a bit. They need to get bigger and tougher. We need a couple of hard nosed RBs....

That would go a long way.
You not getting tougher with MC as coach. Only an undisciplined, unprepared team when it matters.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
isn't that cute? you guys getting upset like this steaming pile of crap was ever going to win anything. Jerry loves all of you guys who just can't see there will never be a Super Bowl here again. They will extend the choker and you Eagles fans on here will be ecstatic.
The outrage is just funny. I bet you guys already had your stupid gear ready for the next game talking big about how it is our year. :lmao:
Then why are you still here?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Notice he said he stated how close we were. So I think a couple of key factors were critical to his decision
**I know some disagree but with MM as his OC, Dak had a career year.....ALL-Pro for the first time, led the league on TD passes
**3 straight years of 12-5 record
**Sunday's loss was just as much Quinn's fault as MM and Dak
**We were only 2 home wins from playing in the NFCCG

Sidenote.....Remember this statement from Dak, "if you are blaming MM for this loss, then you should blame me also". It was Dak throwing his 100% support behind MM returning. Hell, I don't think you would even be far off using the word mandate (lol). It's possible this statement scared the hell out of Jerry.

Think about it for a minute......he's saying MM has the right to finish the last year on his deal but NOT an extension. So you bring MM back for one final year and risk upgrading the position with one of 3 ultimate top-tier coaches available.......odd is an understatement.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
At this point I would like to see them do what the Rams did a few years ago. Give up a ton of picks and cap space to go all-out for a title. If it means five or six years to recover so what?

We've waited almost 30 years already anyway.

D—, had to put 30 years in prospective. I was 29 when we last won it all, not even 30 yet. Oh man! Testorone was running still high then.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that it'll take far more than a few tweaks to cause this team to become a serious Super Bowl contender. Jerry and son Stephen would love to believe a few tweaks here and there would serve them well, but this team's current situation begs to differ from that idea. They love to think that many of this team's problems aren't their fault, but that fallacy has already been proven to be an ego-driven dream. A dramatic change at this juncture would take an absolute miracle, imho.

Last edited:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
At this point I would like to see them do what the Rams did a few years ago. Give up a ton of picks and cap space to go all-out for a title. If it means five or six years to recover so what?

We've waited almost 30 years already anyway.
This is the way

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I just hope Jerry makes a ton of money again next year off you guys. Games mean nothing to us.

TWOK11

Reaction score
It’s pretty disgusting what’s allowed to be posted on this board these days. People openly rooting for Dallas to lose and Jerry to die.

Reality, my man, what happened?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Show me one team in the NFL ever who rebuilt after going 12-5 and winning the division.

Yes, I know they brutally lost the last game.

I mean I’m not even advocating for rebuilding…so there’s no emphasis for me to go and look that up. My point is only for those that say we should do a 2-3 year rebuild. Jerry’s not interested in that, I never said it was right or wrong so I’m not sure why you think I need to show you anything lol

Surfguy

Reaction score
Jerry had a nightmare about the 3 - 13 seasons we suffered through during those rebuild years and chose the path of least resistance. Let’s do this again cause it was so great with this season’s result and the worst loss imaginable. Yay!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yup.

This guy cares about money and entertainment more than winning.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Getting Vrabel or Harbaugh is what this team needs IMO to get over the hump. However given the play style is much different than the way the roster is currently constructed it would’ve taken a 2-3 year rebuild to get the roster the way they want it.

During that time you have to make a decision on Prescott, Lamb and Parsons and then probably Bland, Tyler Smith, etc.

I think Jerry saw a long term rebuild as cementing not winning a Super Bowl while he was alive. Whereas the chances the next 2 years probably aren’t great they definitely are higher than going from a finesse team to a 49ers/Ravens/Lions style in 1 year.

So the FO is trying to make a couple easy tweaks rather than rebuild this thing all the way
The Jerry Jones (AL Davis) years are here..............

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Lucky we played Giants twice, Washington twice, Jets, patriots and the Panthers. That was basically seven gimme wins.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
That may be what Jerry thought as the clock ticks on him and dementia seems to be creeping in. But what makes the op think a couple tweaks is going to move this team over the hump? This team has a lot of issues, and dont come at me with the 12 and 5 non sense. Most of those wins were against the dregs of the league with some horrendous defenses.
I don’t think it will work. But I can see Jerry in trying to figure out the best way to win next year is bring back MM

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Going from an air it out to a ground and pound on both sides will take more than a year. Especially when in 2-3 years Martin and Tyron need to be replaced also.
Only only need a power back and center on offense. Two linebackers and a nose tackle on defense. That can be done in one offseason.