Signed by Cowboys Boys working deal with DE Benson Mayowa - *Signs Offer Sheet*

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion we probably aren't going to be a good football team next year. We have one of the worst defensive lines in the NFL. We also have the band back together of Claiborne , scandrick , Carr . We aren't going anywhere.

But we have ROMO coming back from shaving his shoulder!!!!!!

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I completely agree. We have hit on essentially two defensive linemen that I can think of since Anthony Spencer(I could be forgetting someone) and that is Crawford and Lawrence. That is our problem, not being reluctant to chase average players on free agency.

but you are forced to chase these average players because of the poor drafting.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Sometimes I think Jerry just signs these type of guys just to sit back and watch the Cowboyzone have a meltdown. :laugh:

Fredd

Reaction score
replenishing the ranks, not a guy that should be expected to take over a game or anything....teams with 4 wins have a lot of holes to fill; teams with 4 losses don't have as many so they can tweak their rosters...thus, it looks like dallas is grabbing nonsense in comparison to guys like New England grabbed...so, if dallas were one of the top teams, then you get guys like Long because they want to end their career with a winner, not a team trying to be a winner....

....not worried about the perceived lack of big-name signings....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If you don't know the guy which I am only assuming since most aren't then how do you mock a POSSIBLE deal? People laughed about Irving and he turned out to be a player. I suspect he's a rotational guy here for a looksee but who knows. Right guy right time right coaching right scheme and you never know.

I reallly don't understand all the crying. He would essentially be a replacement for Jack Crawford, and it doesn't mean Dallas is done addressing the position.

It's likely at this point we'll have to carry three ends into the season in addition to Lawrence and Gregory because of Gregory's suspension.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
why? Dallas cant sign Hardy later cheap? Dallas cant draft a DE?

DE in general. Lawrence getting back surgery. The Gregory news. The lack of signings. All the negative news on Hardy. The fact there's no incredible pass rushers in the draft aside from Spence who has his own issues

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I reallly don't understand all the crying. He would essentially be a replacement for Jack Crawford, and it doesn't mean Dallas is done addressing the position.

It's likely at this point we'll have to carry three ends into the season in addition to Lawrence and Gregory because of Gregory's suspension.

at this point it's not to be understood, it's to be painfully tolerated while every player we pass on will from this point forward have a HOF career for their new teams and every player we sign will be asking about your french fry habits next year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL at this place...I know many post are probably in jest, well probably not.....but look at it this way...

Raiders has his weight as 253....many of you probably would want Noah Spence in the draft wouldn't you? And there is no guarantee he will be any better....his weight is listed at 252.....

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Lol 2 years ago the defense was not that good at all. We went 12-4. This past year our defense kept us in a lot of the games. injuries to scandrick Romo dez etc clearly killed our year. I'm not saying this guy is gonna do anything significant but damn it's doom and gloom cause we whiffed on Chris long? Or Vernon who had same amount of sacks as Lawrence ? Or a lot of other de castoffs ? I'll hold judgement until I step foot into the stadium and watch the team for game one of the season