Signed by Cowboys Boys working deal with DE Benson Mayowa - *Signs Offer Sheet*

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We'll see. I'll be holding my cynicism in check until such time as this "new guy" has had his chance to prove himself worthy or not.

It's surely not like what we've already got in house poses an insurmountable challenge. Surprises can and do happen all the time.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
at this point it's not to be understood, it's to be painfully tolerated while every player we pass on will from this point forward have a HOF career for their new teams and every player we sign will be asking about your french fry habits next year.

I prefer to see the end result.

Last year, I didn't mind letting Murray walk for the money he was offered. I preferred to keep him but not at that price tag.

And I didn't mind picking up McFadden because I thought he could at least be decent depth.

I did mind passing on drafting a back because I thought we were putting too much faith in what we had and failing to take advantage of a supposed strength of the draft.

However, even then there was the possibility that we could pick up a veteran like Chris Johnson before or during camp.

Now, the end result was McFadden doing better than I expected while Randle proved unreliable, Dunbar got injured and we paraded several failed options through. But that doesn't mean that we didn't have opportunities to strengthen the position besides passing on the big-name FAs or signing Murray. We just didn't do it.

If we come back in August and we've treated the DE position the same way, then I'll be willing to join in on the crying about it.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if he is all that the raiders will resign him they have all kinds of cap room. they wont let him get away

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
if he is all that the raiders will resign him they have all kinds of cap room. they wont let him get away

If they were to allow him to get away, it might be because they don't need help at DE as badly as the Cowboys. They've made many mistakes in the past..

conner01

Reaction score
We'll see. I'll be holding my cynicism in check until such time as this "new guy" has had his chance to prove himself worthy or not.

It's surely not like what we've already got in house poses an insurmountable challenge. Surprises can and do happen all the time.

I know fans bash any move when they don't recognize the name but we brought in a dline guy last year no one knew anything about and he had a very solid year and looks to be a very good signing
You never know

LittleD

Reaction score
Mayowa must have a lot of leverage, deal still on going lol

He knows the Cowpokes are in a very large barrel getting ready to float down & over Niagara Falls. He's a young guy
and his agent has seen the lay of the market place for DE's. He's probably holding hostage, Stephen is shaking his
head "no" and Jerry is sweating like he's in his favorite steamroom with a bottle of sour mash.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He knows the Cowpokes are in a very large barrel getting ready to float down & over Niagara Falls. He's a young guy
and his agent has seen the lay of the market place for DE's. He's probably holding hostage, Stephen is shaking his
head "no" and Jerry is sweating like he's in his favorite steamroom with a bottle of sour mash.

LOL -- I guess that's about as good a way to put it as any. Negotiations are tough and tend to get down to the nut cutting every time. It's usually a fighting tooth and nail affair.

dfense

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha. It just gets more and more comical!!!

This is our franchise!

Can't do anything but laugh and que the Benny hill music lmao

We wait and wait and wait. This is what we get? Hell just bring back Crawford, Mincey and Hardy and call it a day.

Teams that sign over priced talent lose anyways. Thank God Dallas didn't do a Giants type offer to a 7 1/2 sack 240 lb DE.
The Cowboys are obviously going to grab Bosa at 4. Live with it.

LittleD

Reaction score
Believe me, if we poach Mayowa off their roster they won't like it.

The Raiders are flush with cap dollars. They can match and blow away anything the Cowboys offer to the player if they want him.
Jerry may have to do another "Deion" commercial to get this one signed.

Plankton

Reaction score
The Raiders are flush with cap dollars. They can match and blow away anything the Cowboys offer to the player if they want him.
Jerry may have to do another "Deion" commercial to get this one signed.

You could also argue that they either would have tendered him with compensation, or signed him to an extension if they valued him highly. The Raiders have to spend just to hit the salary cap floor - tendering Mayowa low is of no benefit to them if they viewed him as an asset that they wanted to keep.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They may be trying to structure it a certain way the raiders won't like.

They're just going to match it, if they really want him.

I do like it when the team looks at young under-the-radar players like these. If he turns out to be another Jack Crawford or David Irving, I'd be pretty ok with that.

chagus

Reaction score
Yeah, that was impressive speed running down Taylor Gabriel. Looks like he has some tools to work with. Hopefully he would show better than guys like Kenneth Boatright.

Boatright impressed me, what was it, two preseasons ago? I was hoping for a hidden gem there.