Signed by Cowboys Boys working deal with DE Benson Mayowa - *Signs Offer Sheet*

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which is great when signing guys off Practice Squads or picking up players when teams cut down to 53. Not so great during free agency.

Doesn't really matter where you get them. But you're right, it's the same caliber of player we're talking about here. This is nibbling at the edges--on a dealt that will probably be matched anyway--and not really plunging into the FA market.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys left with dwindling options at pass-rusher - Dallas Cowboys Blog- ESPN

Mayowa was not really on anyone's radar. Given the shrinking pool of pass rush talent, Dallas likely had to dig deep. They just need to sign him - or someone.

Now they are left wondering just how they will fill their holes.

They have taken a quantity-over-quality approach to their pass rush the last two seasons, hoping throwing waves of pass-rushers at a quarterback can make a difference. They had 31 sacks in 2015 and 28 sacks in 2014.

The Cowboys started out with needing a backup quarterback, defensive end, defensive tackle, running back, and help both at safety and cornerback.

They have an improvement at defensive tackle, and backups in the secondary.

All the rest are not solved....now, go figure 'on sale' shopping at this point. They had best have a deal with Gengghis Khan for his visiting hordes now.

Point blank, the draft will not present much as to immediate affects...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hardy must have been an even bigger pain in the butt than we even knew. They're turning over every rock to avoid another go with him.

If you deem him a cancer I don't know why anyone would think that changes because of need. If that's truly what you've decided he is, when do you need a cancer?

This is fan rationale.

erod

Reaction score
If you deem him a cancer I don't know why anyone would think that changes because of need. If that's truly what you've decided he is, when do you need a cancer?

This is fan rationale.

I agree. I think he was a huge distraction behind the scenes, and it makes you wonder why they didn't cut him late in the season to save money.

Jerry was probably trying to save face and quietly step away in the offseason after another decision that blew up in his face. Garrett tried to warn him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. I think he was a huge distraction behind the scenes, and it makes you wonder why they didn't cut him late in the season to save money.

Jerry was probably trying to save face and quietly step away in the offseason after another decision that blew up in his face. Garrett tried to warn him.

Or all of these baseless, boogeyman, conspiracy theories about Hardy are, in fact, just that?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I just cruised the Raiders forums, which on a side note makes me appreciate this site....

But the Raiders fans don't seem to be up in arms if they lose him or not

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just cruised the Raiders forums, which on a side note makes me appreciate this site....

But the Raiders fans don't seem to be up in arms if they lose him or not

I've visited a few. They're like kids at Christmas right now with all the big-name FAs they've brought in. But consensus seems to be that they all really like the guy as the depth player he is. They also think they'll just retain him if they really want him, which is true.

silver

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys left with dwindling options at pass-rusher - Dallas Cowboys Blog- ESPN

Mayowa was not really on anyone's radar. Given the shrinking pool of pass rush talent, Dallas likely had to dig deep. They just need to sign him - or someone.

Now they are left wondering just how they will fill their holes.

They have taken a quantity-over-quality approach to their pass rush the last two seasons, hoping throwing waves of pass-rushers at a quarterback can make a difference. They had 31 sacks in 2015 and 28 sacks in 2014.

The Cowboys started out with needing a backup quarterback, defensive end, defensive tackle, running back, and help both at safety and cornerback.

They have an improvement at defensive tackle, and backups in the secondary.

All the rest are not solved....now, go figure 'on sale' shopping at this point. They had best have a deal with Gengghis Khan for his visiting hordes now.

Point blank, the draft will not present much as to immediate affects...

Here's my two cents.

We wont make anymore incursions into the free agent market before the draft. We're just going to have to rely on the rookies and young guys to grow up quiclky. And while Gregory sits the first 4 games we'll depend on whoever is on the roster, being Kyle Wilber, who at one point was a DE, or whoever is there to fill in and hold the fort.

Depending on how the chips fall in the draft we might dip in the free agent market post june cuts or trade for help to fill in the rest of the needs. And that folks, is not sexy but it is what it is. Hopefully a healthy Romo, a solid draft and a clock consuming running game will be enough to make a run.

erod

Reaction score
Or all of these baseless, boogeyman, conspiracy theories about Hardy are, in fact, just that?

It's been pretty widely reported that he was persistently late to meetings, difficult for other players to get along with, and generally just demented and strange.

Notice that not a single player has spoken on his behalf to be brought back.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
This is a waste of time. Dallas isn't going to pay him anywhere close to what it will take for Oakland not to match. At this point, they just need to play the waiting game. Someone will cut a serviceable DE for salary cap purposes at some point or someone will become available via a trade. They just need to be patient and wait. In the mean time, draft one or two and work on developing what you have. If no one ever becomes available, so what. This team isn't built to win anything anyway.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Low-level D1, undrafted, undersized.....anything is possible but he's got a lot working against him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Then it's a conspiracy among both the Cowboys and Panthers.

Maybe this is a Terrell Owens thing where it's a league driven agenda on a poor hapless victim.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
desperate teams do desperate things. and this is a desperate measure if the kid is any good they will match

Plankton

Reaction score

This is fan rationale.

The only issue I have is if he was such a cancer, how did he make it to the end of the season without getting released? They were 4-12 - it's not as if Hardy being on the roster was potentially costing them record wise. If he indeed **'d Garrett in front of the team, and he wasn't spit canned on the spot, then there's literally no hope.

If all of that is BS, then he should be brought back immediately.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Then it's a conspiracy among both the Cowboys and Panthers.

Maybe this is a Terrell Owens thing where it's a league driven agenda on a poor hapless victim.

Panthers players almost to a man wanted him back. I think the coaches wanted him back as well. It was owner mandated due to the assault case that they cut Hardy loose.

You're writing your own narrative with Hardy's departure from the Panthers when you lump his likely departure from the Cowboys in together.

But...that's nothing new for you.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only issue I have is if he was such a cancer, how did he make it to the end of the season without getting released? They were 4-12 - it's not as if Hardy being on the roster was potentially costing them record wise. If he indeed **'d Garrett in front of the team, and he wasn't spit canned on the spot, then there's literally no hope.

If all of that is BS, then he should be brought back immediately.

You're a Cowboys fan to the tune of spending time every day on an internet Cowboys fan forum and you have to ask why the coach didn't release him if he was a cancer?