Signed by Cowboys Boys working deal with DE Benson Mayowa - *Signs Offer Sheet*

Hoofbite

Reaction score

b71790f9c1f7382841934e11bc149a6a.jpg

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
No, we are not smart like that. There is no gamesmanship here.

We literally want this player. And we challenged a team with over 25M in cap space to match our offer.

That is not how restricted FA poaching typically works.

This team has no idea what it's doing, like you said, unless there is a poison pill attached going after RFA of a cap rich team is short bus territory

This is not how you do it

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team has no idea what it's doing, like you said, unless there is a poison pill attached going after RFA of a cap rich team is short bus territory

This is not how you do it

Why not? If you like a player from a cap rich team, what are you supposed to do?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I read that when BUF signed Charles Clay last year from MIA on the Transition tag he didn't count as a comp FA.

That is why MIA took the Transition Tag off of OVernon. They can now get a 3rd if they qualify for comp picks.

Transition Tags used to count but now they don't.

*this was all from OTC that cited AdamJT13 as their source and inspiration

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team is supposed to just give up.

He seems to think poison pills are an option, but I'm not sure what he's getting at.

Though I rarely understand these threads where people just complain to hear themselves complain. The team made an effort with a young DE they like. What's the problem? What's short-bus about it?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He seems to think poison pills are an option, but I'm not sure what he's getting at.

Though I rarely understand these threads where people just complain to hear themselves complain. The team made an effort with a young DE they like. What's the problem? What's short-bus about it?

People have issues with his base salary and guaranteed money.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For a guy with 2 career sacks.......LOL

what a disaster this offseason is becoming

Two sacks but he barely played. I know you'll come back with there's a reason he barely played and I can't disagree but it could be worse. He could have played a lot and still only had those two sacks.

They believe he's a hidden gem. We shall see.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People have issues with his base salary and guaranteed money.

Maybe, though he's relatively cheap for a second contract DE.

Seems more like they're annoyed that he's not a known commodity or venting on this signing their general frustration with the team.

Or just complaining because it brings them attention.

TINGS21

Reaction score
Two sacks but he barely played. I know you'll come back with there's a reason he barely played and I can't disagree but it could be worse. He could have played a lot and still only had those two sacks.

They believe he's a hidden gem. We shall see.

He could have been a TE that played 60 games with 0 TDs and received a 3 year deal.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I've been tracking and studying comp picks since they began in 1994. Not one Restricted Free Agent has ever counted in the equation.

I could give you links to websites that explain how comp picks work, but they usually cite me as their source.

That
Was
Epic

I don't usually gives links to my sources, but when I do, it is to me....

Can I donate 10% of my "likes" to Adam for that?

Last edited: