Signed by Cowboys Boys working deal with DE Benson Mayowa - *Signs Offer Sheet*

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Two sacks but he barely played. I know you'll come back with there's a reason he barely played and I can't disagree but it could be worse. He could have played a lot and still only had those two sacks.

They believe he's a hidden gem. We shall see.

If he is, no way the Raiders let him go for that price.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
If this guy is worth a damn, then the Raiders will match the offer. They have plenty of cap room.:cool: This guy seems like another Mincey.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Many Cowboy fans are getting a little anxious about the Defensive Line. Certainly the pass rush could use some improvement. Greg Hardy, Jeremy Mincey and Jack Crawford are all testing the market in free agency, Randy Gregory is suspended for the first four games in 2016 for substance abuse (come on, man), and DeMarcus Lawrence is recovering from back surgery. I know you’ve all been asking me to, and since we are in dire need, I am volunteering myself – I’ll rush the passer. You’re welcome.

But before I catch my plane, it’s worth mentioning that Benson Mayowa, a restricted FA Defensive End from the Oakland Raiders, is taking a physical at Valley Ranch today. If all goes well, the Cowboys will sign Mayowa to an offer sheet that the Raiders would have five days to match.

Since starting his NFL career in 2013, Mayowa (24), standing 6-4 and weighing 240 pounds, has started 3 games out of 30 and recorded 2 sacks. He went to school in Idaho and was signed by the Seahawks as a rookie free agent in 2013.

I can already see you furrowing your brow and rolling your eyes, as many fans have been doing on Twitter (look outside, I’m watching you read this).

Relax. He’s young. Most young DEs starting off in the league have quiet years before they have a surplus of productivity.

To beg and plead for an improved pass rush and then get annoyed when the ‘Boys work out an underwhelming DE, is like begging your parents for a new Cadillac and getting mad when they get you a pre-owned Scion. You didn’t have a car anyway – so what’s the difference?

And, like I said, the pass rush could use some improvement. They ranked 26th in sacks and 21st in sack percentage last year. Plus, with the recent signing of Cedric Thorton, the line has made improvements.

My best advice is to trust what they’re doing. It’s actually all you can do.

http://insidethestar.com/theres-guy-benson-mayowa/

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Anyone seen this guy play? Or are you complaining just to complain?

How many hours of scouting have you guys done?

I have. My best friend is a Raiders Superfan so I watch them six or seven times a year.

He thinks Dallas is dumb and hopes the Raiders let him go. I think he could be okay, buy not what Dallas needs to move up in the sacks department. Good rotational guy.

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
I would have used the offer sheet money on Mayowa for a more established veteran for depth. I am hoping the Raiders match it.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Thirty pages on Benson Ma (whatever his name is)? Really? Tells you all you need to know about this years fa.

conner01

Reaction score
Why not? If you like a player from a cap rich team, what are you supposed to do?

What do you have to lose? Some people just want to gripe. We offered too much, they will match. Seems like a reach to complain because they don't know the guy. And I don't either but they are loaded at the position and tendered him anyway. His former team mates seem very high on him

CCBoy

Reaction score
What do you have to lose? Some people just want to gripe. We offered too much, they will match. Seems like a reach to complain because they don't know the guy. And I don't either but they are loaded at the position and tendered him anyway. His former team mates seem very high on him

He's an active player and a worker...Marinelli will love him.