News: BR: Cowboys' Micah Parsons: 'Not Once Did I Ever Disrespect' Jalen Hurts With MVP Remarks

Dakota

Reaction score
Parsons did not disrespect Hurts even a little. What he said was true, however, there was definately a better way to say it. On the other hand are the eagles so thin skinned that they are going to cry over this? The eagles put into place a system to maximize Hurts' talents. They made, in most analysts opinion, the best offseason acquisition in the league by acquiring AJ Brown. They have the best O line in football. The defense ranks at or near the top in several categories. To say Hurts MVP run is a reflection of the system and the team is 100% accurate. All he needed to add to that is a statement that Hurts is one of the few QBs in the league that can make that offense as explosive as it is. In fact in a way I think Parsons really respects Hurts and his accomplisments, especially after the 1st meeting and the way he has played all season. I think the average football fan realizes that is what he meant. The media needs to fill air time so they have to act stupid and make something of it. I do think it will add a little fire to the eagles come xmass eve. The team doesn't take well to any criticism of Hurts, even if there was really no critisism. I think there will be pleanty of bulletin board material between now and xmass eve and this will prove to be very mundane. We just need to take it one week at a time. This week we get to prove ourselves against Jacksonville, after that, let the war of words begin.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
it would have been better on Parsons if he would have said, "heck the eagles defense doesn't have to carry their quarterback like us. He's not a semi-truck load like mouthbreather." and all would have been good. oh well. shrugs.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Hey. Remember when we had to sit thru watching what he wore to practice for a week? That was fun.

You didn't answer the question. Is Kelce on the level of the NFL themselves promoting him like they do Parsons? Because if not, then yeah, people care a lot less about what he says than one of the faces of the NFL says.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Interesting.......I get those saying Parsons's comments are over the top a bit but there's some truth IMO. In other words, the Eagles entire team is stacked. Hell, they may have TWO Pro Bowlers and/or All-Pros in at least 3 positions ( WRs, CB, OL) AND ONE at every position.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
"Is Hurts the MVP?"

"I refuse to answer that question because I don't want to make the Eagles mad."

He said he doesn't think so. He didn't say, "No, he sucks and the team is carrying him." He was pointing out that the team is designed to utilize his abilities to the maximum degree.

"Is Hurts the MVP?"

"You look at his numbers and the success the Eagles have had and you can certainly make a case. I think he's helped a lot by scheme and by the players around him but you can't take anything away from the year he's had. If it were my decision, I'd probably pick someone else like Patrick Mahomes (or maybe Micah Parson *laughs*) but I can see why people are bringing Hurts's name into the discussion."

Micah disrespected the man. He has to learn to do better. He'll have microphones shoved in his face constantly.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Is Hurts the MVP?"

"You look at his numbers and the success the Eagles have had and you can certainly make a case. I think he's helped a lot by scheme and by the players around him but you can't take anything away from the year he's had. If it were my decision, I'd probably pick someone else like Patrick Mahomes (or maybe Micah Parson *laughs*) but I can see why people are bringing Hurts's name into the discussion."

Micah disrespected the man. He has to learn to do better. He'll have microphones shoved in his face constantly.
I disagree. I don't think he disrespected him, and even if he did, why are we so soft and concerned about it? Everyone laments the old days and true rivalries, but something like this gets into their feels?? Jack Lambert probably would've threatened to break him in half.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I disagree. I don't think he disrespected him, and even if he did, why are we so soft and concerned about it? Everyone laments the old days and true rivalries, but something like this gets into their feels?? Jack Lambert probably would've threatened to break him in half.

Jack Lambert has four rings. If Micah goes out and dominates the Eagles, maybe puts Hurts on the ground a handful of times over the next month or so, nobody will care what he said. Nobody blames Jimmy for wanting “We Will Win” put in three inch headlines. But if Hurts comes out and plays out of his mind, Micah will look like a clown for running his mouth and giving Jalen that extra bit of motivation.

It’ll be settled on the field, as it should be.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me, as stated, the Eagles are stacked, no question about that but Hurts owes no one an apology for taking the advantage of his weapons. If we are being honest his rushing ability and accuracy have been top 3, dropping dimes all season. Hell, I just read that he's on pace for close to 45TDs with less than 5 interceptions. In the NFL........that's MVP material

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jack Lambert has four rings. If Micah goes out and dominates the Eagles, maybe puts Hurts on the ground a handful of times over the next month or so, nobody will care what he said. Nobody blames Jimmy for wanting “We Will Win” put in three inch headlines. But if Hurts comes out and plays out of his mind, Micah will look like a clown for running his mouth and giving Jalen that extra bit of motivation.

It’ll be settled on the field, as it should be.
What Hurts does or doesn't do on the field will have nothing to do with anything Micah says. Anger may enhance performances of brute force, but I've never seen it assist in accuracy or decision making. If he plays great, then maybe it shows that Micah is wrong about him, but it won't be because Micah said it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Remember, 20 years ago ESPN didn't have a lot of nimrods on the air looking for anything to fill up the time.

End of the day, hopefully #11 will learn to just play football and stay off this podcast / twitter or any other "media account" by saying nothing.

I don't think #11 disrespected Hurts, but guys that get paid to fill up air time will run with it anyway they see fit to MAKE IT a story.

Thing is, and I thought about this... Who tells them to shut up, Jerry? LMAO!!!!
:espn:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I quote Shakespeare: "Much ado about nothing."

Why are there so many self-centered fairies in existence who now believe every disagreeable opinion to their opinion amounts to disrespect? There's an MVP vote for a reason and almost all who end up being it are rarely ever unanimously voted for.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I quote Shakespeare: "Much ado about nothing."

Why are there so many self-centered fairies in existence who now believe every disagreeable opinion to their opinion amounts to disrespect? There's an MVP vote for a reason and almost all who end up being it are rarely ever unanimously voted for.

Because news sells and ESPN and all these other electronic news outlets need to report something. If they can't find a story, they will make a story up.

Generally when a camera or a mike is in front of you, smile and say you're sorry, but you have no comment at this time.

Then again, when you have the ownership of the Cowboys stating 18 hours ago “Odell’s going to join us,” Jones told ******************. “There’s a good chance he will, with the complete goal of getting ready for a playoff game or two, and then I’ll look to the future." I'm like what kind of statement is that? Reality is Jerry Jones at the end of the day is a very bad example of how you deal with the news LMAO

Last edited: