News: BR: Don't Be Surprised If Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys Part Ways

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I'm definitely no jerry fan,but any player that turns down what the cowboys offered can **** of here,I'll even help him pack.

I agree brother. When my manager tells me what I should be earning I roll over and accept it. I’m happily the lowest paid member of my group.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I can see a trade :

Deshaun Watson to the Cowboys
Dak to the Houston Texans+ some draft picks

Jerry loves the splash

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
IMO, Surtain doesn't have enough twist in his hips. Meaning he's not a good athlete. He has more than likely benefited from playing on a defense that has a lot of NFL type talent on it.

As I look at the highlights, I began to like Jaycee Horn a lot better. Just my opinion, though.

Jaycee Horn isn't a bad option either. I could certainly go for him. Either way, we need to trade back and go defence, or go defence at 10. We can't afford to draft a QB at 10 with how bad our defence is.

bigE79

Reaction score
I agree brother. When my manager tells me what I should be earning I roll over and accept it. I’m happily the lowest paid member of my group.
Well,my friend,if 37mil plus for 5yrs made me the lowest paid at anything,I'd happily roll over and accept it,****, I'd even fetch the newspaper.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Is it possible? Yeah. Is it probable? Not hardly.

Using the salary cap as an excuse is a joke. The lowest projections have us around18-20m under the cap, and with the contracts we have there is an easy path to clearing up a buttload of money.

According to Overthecap's numbers, we can clear 14.2m in cap space on Amari Cooper's deal alone with the stroke of a pen. We could add almost 7m with Zeke's. Almost 12m with Tank. 5m with Jaylon and 7.4m with Martin. If we wanted to be silly, there is $7m on Tyron's available and 5.7m with Lael Collins. Savings of 1.6m with Blake Jarwin and Anthony Brown.

Should we tap into all of those? Definitely not. The ones that should be considered first would be the ones that we expect the player to play out the deal or at least most of it. You can almost guarantee Amari's will be redone and I would expect Tank for sure. So that brings the cap space up into the 44m-46m range and doesn't really affect the long term future significantly. I would imagine they would do it on Jarwin and Brown as well, so add another 3.2m to the pie. So we are in the 47-49m range. If needed, I think they would look at Martin and Collins next, which would get us another 13m. I would not expect them to fiddle with Zeke, Jaylon or Tyron, because I expect to see them jettison those deals maybe in 2022 depending on their year next year. So even without doing all the restructures we could, we could have 60-62m to spend. If Dak is signed long term, his first year hit probably won't be more than about 25m, so the salary cap gloom and doom is really overwrought.

Another thing is there are some cuts to make to vets whose performance no longer justifies their contract. Chris Jones, buh bye....2m saved. Zeurlein, hit the bricks for 2.2m saved. Big leg but I was nervous pretty much every time he kicked. Everybody's whipping boy Conner Williams could save us another 2.4m.

These moves would have little to no effect on the roster, so tell me again that we don't have money to make moves. It's a complete fallacy.

We likely will tender most if not all of our ERFA and RFA. There really are no must sign of our other UFA but it is likely we will consider one of the corners, either Awuzie or Lewis. Maybe ST CJ Goodwin and of course "La ******". Those are all minor cap hits. We have 6 draft picks and 3-4 comp picks and that will add a total of about 4-5m to the cap. With 61 already under contract that puts up to 71 under contract. With the ERFAs,, RFAs and a couple of our own UFAs we are gonna be close to 80. Add in an undrafted FA class and we are close to the 90 we can normally take to camp. There will be some cuts of course from what we have now...and there will be some free agent adds. No matter what....we have the cap space to sign Dak and get better talent around him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Don't Be Surprised If Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys Part Ways

hi-res-b304ee83552dc81b39428db613247df2_crop_exact.jpg

Speculation regarding the 2021 NFL quarterback carousel has focused mainly on Deshaun Watson, Matthew Stafford , Jimmy Garoppolo and even Aaron Rodgers , but all of those guys remain under contract...

Read Full Story

That’s mean......

giving the trolls false hope only to be left kicking and screaming when he signs.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Ya, why go to cap hell and stay in mediocrity heaven for such an average talent?
Dak Mafia R.I.P.

Wwwwwooooooooo, Slick Ric Flair of the 4 Horsemen strikes. Just like when the subject is Zeke you know who will make an appearance (no name needed), the same with Dak. Love this board! LLLOOOLLL

exciter

Reaction score
Don't Be Surprised If Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys Part Ways

hi-res-b304ee83552dc81b39428db613247df2_crop_exact.jpg

Speculation regarding the 2021 NFL quarterback carousel has focused mainly on Deshaun Watson, Matthew Stafford , Jimmy Garoppolo and even Aaron Rodgers , but all of those guys remain under contract...

Read Full Story
Lol!