News: BR: Don't Be Surprised If Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys Part Ways

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
one thing dak fans are not considering, is that maybe dak does not want to sign with cowboys !:eek:
He may have other plans once he gets to FA after the tags.
I mean if you look at the cowboys, why would he want to stay here??:flagwave:

If that's the case, we're in serious trouble. On the level of 2000-2005. If he doesn't want to sign here, we have a major problem because we have to go back to searching for a QB like we did those years. Good luck to us finding a quality franchise QB. We lucked into the last two. I sure hope McCarthy might be able to save us from those years.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Anything is possible. After all, there's no way to read the minds of those who aren't likely to reveal their most secretive intentions. Last year, Jerry and Stephen praised Dak to high heaven and expressed every intention of granting him an impressive reward for his work. Instead, what they actually did belied everything they said, while Dak and his agent refused all of the contract proposals they were offered.

If things don't take a dramatic turn from those circumstances by the actions of both sides of that bargaining, things could easily go quite badly. There are options that could easily tempt both sides of these negotiators to pursue other deals that might better suit their contractual preferences. It's not difficult to picture a parting of the ways, if their contract talks go poorly enough for mutual resentment to occur.

Last edited:

Austin 3-16

Reaction score
Great article. He's convinced me that we're so bad on defence it wouldn't be worth it to pay Dak what he wants if we're trying to win. Dak has earned his payday but we're probably not the team that should be giving it to him, the timelines just don't line up.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Don't Be Surprised If Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys Part Ways

hi-res-b304ee83552dc81b39428db613247df2_crop_exact.jpg

Speculation regarding the 2021 NFL quarterback carousel has focused mainly on Deshaun Watson, Matthew Stafford , Jimmy Garoppolo and even Aaron Rodgers , but all of those guys remain under contract...

Read Full Story

If I'm Dak I'm getting away from this organization ASAP. Go to a team that actually values defense over selling jerseys of offensive players.

Let some other sucker take the blame for Jerry and Stephen's incompetence for the next 10 years. That's what most Cowboys fans do. :rolleyes:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It was baked into the cake since 2019.

Dak wouldn't sign:
2019 - Making 2mil with 3mil prior earnings, with 3 years til free agency
2020 - Making 32mil with 5mil prior earnings, with 2 years til free agency
Why sign now?
2021 - Making 38mil, with 37mil prior earnings, with 1 year til free agency

If he wouldn't sign in 2019, when he was financially *least* secure and *farthest* from free agency, why would he sign in later years when he's financially more secure and closer to free agency each year?

And it's even *more* baked into the cake with this year having a cap reduction.

By this logic, I was saying we'd never sign him *last* summer, so trade him, save 30mil, and start our 3mil QB who turned out to be pretty decent, and would have been better getting the starting snaps in camp.

Playing a year with a legit starting QB for 3mil is a cap advantage we passed up on.
Independent of the fact that you forgot that the tag will cause Dak's price to go up for the Cowboys...

Andy Dalton isn't a "legit starting QB" so this entire "logic" is flawed.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cannot see that happening, but as always I post articles I find whether I agree with them or not.

It does sound crazy, but so does the fact that he is still not under contract, So who knows?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
one thing dak fans are not considering, is that maybe dak does not want to sign with cowboys !:eek:

Cowboys don't deserve Dak's greatness!
Move on Dak as the state of Texas is not big enough to hold your talents!

P.S.Now for our next fairytale...."Why isn't Quincy Carter in the HOF" please follow these forums daily.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Speculation regarding the 2021 NFL quarterback carousel has focused mainly on Deshaun Watson, Matthew Stafford , Jimmy Garoppolo and even Aaron Rodgers , but all of those guys remain under contract...

Read Full Story
didnt read the story but easy to speculate i mean theres only like 10-12 teams in the NFL that know who their starter is taking game 1 first snap in 2021.. give or take few that ton of unrest. could be some shocking surprises and trades like over 20 potential starters could change. Its crazy offseason..

No way Dak walks free big trade . NEFT options etc..

hope we get it done that favors both sides but this could get very interesting very soon..we are not alone in this carousel.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m gonna take an unpopular opinion across these boards and blame this situation on the Joneses. I know this place worships and praises those guys but this contract issue is 100% their fault.
no its 95% daks teams fault..see how easy opinions roll around here...

sorry but about 20 teams have starting QB unrest this offseason. They are not alone and the market is out of control creating larger decisions and the jonses offered Dak and Co. big deals he refused to sign..id say they are handling it cautiously as they should..its their money and the money is crazy for QB who hasn't won dang ting yet, goes for many out there riding the money train actual elite QBs began pulling the market..

most are not even close to desrving so blame the owners if you will , no way i am.. its not lie they didn't step up and take very fair offers.

id say way over daks paygrade and he decided to hold off..they paid the dude 32mil for 4 games last year..right cheap *******os!!

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
with there current setup the cowboys are not likely to win any thing until things make a drastic changes in ownership and front office if i am dak i am looking to move to a franchise where i get a shot to win a superbowl

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Endorsements galore without on field success. As of 2019 Dak already made 50 million in endorsements. Brady and rogers make about 12-15million in endorsement deals. Dak doesn't make this cheddar anywhere else, no one has this much built in exposure as The Dallas Cowboys starting QB.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Willing to take on any bets on this.

Who is willing to step up to the plate? Dak will be a Cowboy.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't believe much the BR says. Dak is going nowhere. If anyone is gone its Tyron Smith.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Read Full Story

Surprised ?

I am looking forward to it!