Brad & Mickey talk WR's/Amendola on Irvin - 7/29/08

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2168522 said:
I'm upset the thread got derailed?

Do tell, lol.

I could care less. I was agreeing that it did indeed get derailed.

And now I suppose if the name Roy comes up in any post anywhere on Cowboyzone similiar events will occur.

Do you hear yourself? We can't even bring the mans name up anymore?

Hate to go back to the same term again, but when the shoe fits.

It's just silly.

DC you really need to spend less time inventing things that were never said and more time reading the posts

Nobody said dont bring his name up. I do believe you are smart enough to have figured out b now that bashing Roy for no reason in a thread that isnt evcen about roy is likely to get noticed and mentioned

See we know you would like to go on bashing some players without being question, we get it you are a big deal in your opinion. Your words should not be subjected to our criticism but alas you joined a message board (remember where things get over analyzed) So when you post something we find ignorant we have the right to speak up. When you take a thread off topic as you did this one we will reply in kind.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2168528 said:
That is bashing Roy?

What's the criteria now?

I guess mentioning his name is now bashing Roy.

Alert -- Alert -- Alert

From now on when you mention Roy's name it will be considered that you are 'bashing' him and you had better be ready for a scolding from the Roy Posse.

:lmao2:

perfect example of what I was saying about you not reading. Notice the post said you brought up Roy and started bashing him. It did not say it all occured in one post. Your first post was the "brought up Roy"

Plus lets not pretend that everyone on the forum is not well aware of how you feel about Roy. I mean you recently went as far as making a thread to give him hell for saying he wanted to do what the coaches asked and would do whatever it took to win

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2168534 said:
DC you really need to spend less time inventing things that were never said and more time reading the posts

Nobody said dont bring his name up. I do believe you are smart enough to have figured out b now that bashing Roy for no reason in a thread that isnt evcen about roy is likely to get noticed and mentioned

See we know you would like to go on bashing some players without being question, we get it you are a big deal in your opinion. Your words should not be subjected to our criticism but alas you joined a message board (remember where things get over analyzed) So when you post something we find ignorant we have the right to speak up. When you take a thread off topic as you did this one we will reply in kind.

I MENTIONED HIS NAME!!!

Then the Posse came. What is he the new 'Candyman'?

Roy....Roy....Roy....Roy....'gulp', Roy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUBmpITdmPc

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;2168446 said:
bb - who said "give only love"? so far i've only heard "stop the non-stop bashing". how does that equate to nothing but love?

how did people get so divided on this?

does anyone disagree roy has slipped?
<crickets>
does anyone disagree roy needs to step it up?
<crickets>

yet those who are not willing to bash him as our current boytoy are apologists while the bashers are "keeping it real". why is that?

other than venting, does it help? will it get roy off the team any faster? does jones sit and take notes and say "gosh, some people sure hate roy, i'd better get rid of him"?

so what unholy purpose does it do to continue to bring every reporter butt nugget story about roy out when the simple fact of the matter bashing roy is just the fad?

so you wore bell bottoms. so you had a mood ring. so you had greg brady hair. so you bashed microsoft and drove an SUV in the 90s...so you bash roy now...

wheee. all the cool people are doing it.

i'm not sure what the "anti-roy" crowd is out to accomplish with the constant blitz of roy sucks.

if you don't join in by now you're not likely to.

it's one thing to sit and bash roy and in the end. it's a forum and it will happen. so will counter-measures. when you BASH BASH BASH what do you expect others who don't feel the same to do?

you can exclaim that you won't be converted but like most adults, the non-roy-haters don't care about conversion, just that the kids shut up and they can get some rest from the topic.

if all you post is negative about someone, it's an agenda. so fine. have the agenda. you just look like pavlovs dog when someone rings a bell by saying AGENDA to dive into the NO I DON'T mode when it's obvious you do.

it's like idiocy compounding idiocy in a constant of denial.

The "problem" is that the playing field isn't level. It doesn't take guts or courage to mindlessly praise a Cowboy player while giving mere lip service to his flaws. The Roy groupies are rarely asked to explain or defend themselves. Instead, the onus of proof is always on the critics, whose motives are routinely impugned. Last time I checked, this was a message board, not a courtroom--yet the critics are always cast as defendants. It's one thing if a Skins fan came here to rag on Roy, because there's honor in defending your own, but if anyone has the right to rag on you, it's a member of your own family (i.e. fellow Cowboy fans). You seem to take Roy criticism personally, when the only person who has the right to .. is Roy. He didn't solicit nor does he need your help. It shouldn't bother you that DC is (fairly or unfairly) tough on Roy because, well, you aren't Roy. As for agendas, no one's hands are clean.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
bbgun;2168564 said:
The "problem" is that the playing field isn't level. It doesn't take guts or courage to mindlessly praise a Cowboy player while giving mere lip service to his flaws. The Roy groupies are rarely asked to explain or defend themselves. Instead, the onus of proof is always on the critics, whose motives are routinely impugned. Last time I checked, this was a message board, not a courtroom--yet the critics are always cast as defendants. It's one thing if a Skins fan came here to rag on Roy, because there's honor in defending your own, but if anyone has the right to rag on you, it's a member of your own family (i.e. fellow Cowboy fans). You seem to take Roy criticism personally, when the only person who has the right to .. is Roy. He didn't solicit nor does he need your help. It shouldn't bother you that DC is (fairly or unfairly) tough on Roy because, well, you aren't Roy. As for agendas, no one's hands are clean.
When my brother makes an *** out of himself, I tell him about it. Thats what ice is doing.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
bbgun;2168564 said:

I disagree B, it should piss off any fan of the team if a person has an agenda against a player. Real criticism for a real issue never gets jumped on.

Making things up like DC's post when Roy said he would do whatever it takes to win was stupid

talking trash about roy in threads about WRs should be jumped on

hell just bashing roy with nothing more than lame hyperbole "roy sucks he cant cover my grandma" should be jumped on

We are fans of the Cowboys here right? I know I am, I know you are. So why do nothing but bash one player endlessly even when it is undeserved.

If he does something to deserve it go for it you wont get much grief. but when you have to make up something to bash maybe it is just as we have been saying an agenda

See bb you may criticize some players when they are wrong, but you also praise them when they do something right. You also do not make things up to bash. Thats why you dont get hammered when you post

Can anyone show me the last time DC praised Roy in any way? Hell how about a time he posted a Roy article that wasnt just a bash?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
bbgun;2168564 said:

fine. show me someone, anyone, mindless praising roy. i can show you in this thread him being mindlessly bashed. then when you say "chill out" they go ape-doo-doo that you're taking away their rights and roy is off limits.

isn't that just a tad extreme, bb?

maybe i do take it personally, bb. i won't deny it, no. but people seem to "give" it personally as well. why is that ok?

as for my own agenda - again. alexander said i had one against people with agendas and i said guilty. i am. the difference here is i'm ok and comfortable with it. mention "agenda" to dcfanatic and his mouth waters and he goes into hyper defense mode.

the bashers seem to feel they can go as extreme as they want and when someone says chill, they then seem to feel the person talking is a "roy lover" vs. just sick and tired of the topic.

so now, define a "roy groupie" and show me these posts you and DC seem to point to that blindly praise roy which would then equal "groupie".

my guess is these are venting/frustration phrases not based in reality. much like their roy-hatred. but i could be wrong. so help me "get it" and show me some posts of people blindly praising roy.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2168572 said:
When my brother makes an *** out of himself, I tell him about it. Thats what ice is doing.

dcfanatic is coming across as I HAVE MY RIGHTS YOU SHUT UP! heh, damn ironic and kinda funny. just because he's over there getting all emotional and lobbing up every HAHA emote he can find he assumes people he's talking to are just as worked up over it.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2168586 said:
I disagree B, it should piss off any fan of the team if a person has an agenda against a player. Real criticism for a real issue never gets jumped on.

Making things up like DC's post when Roy said he would do whatever it takes to win was stupid

hell just bashing roy with nothing more than lame hyperbole "roy sucks he cant cover my grandma" should be jumped on

We are fans of the Cowboys here right? I know I am, I know you are. So why do nothing but bash one player endlessly even when it is undeserved.

If he does something to deserve it go for it you wont get much grief. but when you have to make up something to bash maybe it is just as we have been saying an agenda

See bb you may criticize some players when they are wrong, but you also praise them when they do something right. You also do not make things up to bash. Thats why you dont get hammered when you post

Can anyone show me the last time DC praised Roy in any way? Hell how about a time he posted a Roy article that wasnt just a bash?

Somewhere along the line, certain fans (fanatics?) convinced themselves that a "my guy, right or wrong" philosophy wasn't embarrassing or obnoxious. There are teachers' pets, and Roy, for whatever reason, is the board's pet. But Roy is a controversial figure, and as such, a certain number of posts will naturally reflect that reality. It would help that when this "dissent" is expressed, it not be dismissed as quasi-treasonous. The team will always have my undying loyalty, but players come and go. And it's beyond silly to demand "fairness" from the critics when the groupies rarely practice it themselves. Quid pro quo.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2168586 said:

So now I have to post some positive stuff on Roy?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2168572 said:

The *** here is clearly the Roy Posse.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;2168605 said:
fine. show me someone, anyone, mindless praising roy. i can show you in this thread him being mindlessly bashed. then when you say "chill out" they go ape-doo-doo that you're taking away their rights and roy is off limits.

maybe i do take it personally, bb. i won't deny it, no. but people seem to "give" it personally as well. why is that ok?

as for my own agenda - again. alexander said i had one against people with agendas and i said guilty. i am. the difference here is i'm ok and comfortable with it. mention "agenda" to dcfanatic and his mouth waters and he goes into hyper defense mode.

the bashers seem to feel they can go as extreme as they want and when someone says chill, they then seem to feel the person talking is a "roy lover" vs. just sick and tired of the topic.

so now, define a "roy groupie" and show me these posts you and DC seem to point to that blindly praise roy which would then equal "groupie".

my guess is these are venting/frustration phrases not based in reality. much like their roy-hatred. but i could be wrong. so help me "get it" and show me some posts of people blindly praising roy.

Four years of posts? I'll let you embark on that treasure hunt without me. To save time, just go to the search box and type in the phrase, "Where are all the Roy haters now?" Those threads usually appear whenever he has a decent to good game, or when he heroically broke up an underthrown pass in the Minny game last year, which triggered an avalanche of praise. To save even more time, just read every post Adam (aka, Mr. Fair and Balanced) ever authored. Happy hunting.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2168586 said:

I made up that fact that Roy said 'If I start I start, If I don't I dont'...

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;2168605 said:

What purpose would anyone having an agenda serve?

I don't work for Jerry. I am not manipulating things in the Cowboys front office or on the practice field so they get rid of him.

Your outlook on this is, once again, silly.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
bbgun;2168641 said:
Somewhere along the line, certain fans (fanatics?) convinced themselves that a "my guy, right or wrong" philosophy wasn't embarrassing or obnoxious. There are teachers' pets, and Roy, for whatever reason, is the board's pet. But Roy is a controversial figure, and as such, a certain number of posts will naturally reflect that reality. It would help that when this "dissent" is expressed, it not be dismissed as quasi-treasonous. The team will always have my undying loyalty, but players come and go. And it's beyond silly to demand "fairness" from the critics when the groupies rarely practice it themselves. Quid pro quo.

Using the groupies example you just used bbgun, can you show me where Iceberg, myself or hell anyone has heaped undeserved praise on Roy in the past year or so? What I see is people using hyperbole as I said earlier and one of us jumping in to tell them they are ridiculous. Defending Roy from a ridiculous attack is not praising him or saying he is great.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2168555 said:
perfect example of what I was saying about you not reading. Notice the post said you brought up Roy and started bashing him. It did not say it all occured in one post. Your first post was the "brought up Roy"

Plus lets not pretend that everyone on the forum is not well aware of how you feel about Roy. I mean you recently went as far as making a thread to give him hell for saying he wanted to do what the coaches asked and would do whatever it took to win

His attitude about starting was flippant. Like 'eh, who cares if I start or not'.

That's what I want from the starting SS of the Cowboys?

You might, but I don't.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2168669 said:
I made up that fact that Roy said 'If I start I start, If I don't I dont'...

Nice try, you spun an article where he was quoted as saying he would do whatever it took to help the team win, and try to make it negative. You failed as was pointed out by MANY members in that thread

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2168691 said:
His attitude about starting was flippant. Like 'eh, who cares if I start or not'.

That's what I want from the starting SS of the Cowboys?

You might, but I don't.

total bull****, his attitude as stated in the other quotes you ignored was he would do whatever it took to win even if it meant not starting

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2168641 said:

Give up on him bro. He thinks he's a character in a TV show on Fox where everything he says will 'wow' the rest of the cast and then in the end he will look like a genius, lol.