Bradlee Anae needs to play more

stilltheguru

Reaction score
They most definetly were on the same level. Neither one was a very good safety = same level lol. Don't sit here and try to make Heath out to be something he wasn't.

And Romo was on the bench because he was being developed. Whether you think he was better than Bledsoe is irrelevant. I think most knew Justin Herbert was better than Tyrod Taylor but you don't throw them out there before they are ready. Same goes for Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre.

Its irrelevant to not play the best player lol ok bro.

And I told you I'm not entertaining the Wilcox stuff

fivetwos

Reaction score
  • Are you referring to Gregory's weed issue as the reason that he is stupid?
    • Gregory had the highest SAT score of any draft pick since Jerry has owned the team.
  • The 1tech/0tech position is challenging for a team to address.
  • In games like this past game against the Steelers, a huge 1tech/0tech type was not needed and even if they had one would he would likely receive limited snaps.
  • The Steelers played either 3 WR or 4 WR sets on all snaps. All of their RBs combined for only 65% of the snaps.
  • The Eagles played WRs on almost all snaps also.
  • In both of those games the Cowboys played almost all snaps in Nickel.
  • In those types of games, they need a "Nickel 1tech" that has pass rush ability. That would have been a perfect role for Trysten Hill.
  • Hill is much better at holding up against double teams than Gallimore and probably about as good at it as A. Woods.
  • A. Woods is best in that role also because he has some pass rush ability but has limitations as a run defending 1tech/0tech type DT.
  • They added the DT Ankou who is a run stopper type with zero pass rush ability.
  • It is difficult for teams with good defensive rosters to carry that type of player unless he is an overwhelmingly good run defender. Ankou is good but not overwhelming as a run defender.
  • In the upcoming Vikings game they're likely going to struggle in run defense. A big time 1tech/0tech would be great to have against this type of offense.
He cost himself millions by refusing to quit a non addictive drug.

He also gets some dumb penalties at times. The recent one that comes to mind was crap, I'm talking more about 2018.

Just doesnt strike me as an intelligent person at all. I suppose his vocabulary and algebra skills are top notch however.

Nothing against him. My comment supported him being here IMO.

As far as 1T, sure.

You break it down the way you do and all good.

What I see is getting blown up in the middle on many, many plays and that seems to snowball into ineffectiveness for others that ought to be a bit better than they have played lately.

quickccc

Reaction score
How could you possible know that Anae should be the 4th DE. We have not seen him against NFL OLinemen other than a handful of snaps.

It does not really help a player to play if they're not ready.

They use Armstrong as a run downs DE and he is good in that role.

I was fan of Anae before the Cowboys drafted him. I had him ranked as about a late 3rd round pick.

Gallimore struggled early in the season when he got snaps. He still has issues with double teams but is good against single blocking.

Crawford can pass rush as a DT. He is not useless in that role. He will get blown up by double teams on running plays but Gallimore at this point has the same issue.

Gallimore has the size to eventually overcome the double team issue; whereas, Crawford does not.

I would like to see Anae, but only if he is "ready enough" to not be overwhelmed.

- But you have seen Dorace Armstrong against NFL OLinemen....you know (or should know) his limitations and what his limited ceiling and potential
and what has to offer ...or what little he has to offer.
We were hearing about Anae per college, per Senior bowl , per training camp... we've yet to hear persistent rave reviews of Armstrong still to this day.

- so what's the harm in trying out a guy that has been a productive sack artist and supposedly was showing impressive promise
in camp as edge rusher.?

- And teams do " pass" on supposed run downs.

- Gallimore (or Anae ) cannot improve his game unless he gets the necessary snaps, reps to gain experience and adjust to the NFL trenches
you cannot learn off three special team plays or being game inactive.

Those double teams you kept talking about, those could come in time when he continues to learn and adapt at the NFL level,
but you can't learn to deal with double blocks ..unless you get the opportunity to play.
Considering Gallimore is a rookie with no OTAs, limited camp, no preseason, and who has rarely played (until very recently) this year the point
that he showed well going stellar Steelers blockers DeCastro and Pouncey, one has to be very encouraged by that performance.

- You obviously have not been watching Crawford this year, .. as he continues to gets knocked and bounced around on a game to game basis.
And it has nuthing to do with double teams - he's not getting doubled up at all. ..Single blockers are just mishandling him with such ease.
You're talking about him as what you want him to be .. but he's not the least bit effective at all as a pass rusher, he's best bet is if the passer
holds the ball too long enough for him to run over to his area as a "coverage' sack. He's just not beating blockers in any of his sets.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its irrelevant to not play the best player lol ok bro.

And I told you I'm not entertaining the Wilcox stuff
You don’t have to entertain the Wilcox stuff. Heath sucks. He would be a journeyman if it wasn’t for the Cowboys holding on to him.

It’s not irrelevant to not play your best player it’s irrelevant because he was getting developed. Romo was not coming in straight out of Eastern Illinois and coming in and dominating.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You don’t have to entertain the Wilcox stuff. Heath sucks. He would be a journeyman if it wasn’t for the Cowboys holding on to him.

It’s not irrelevant to not play your best player it’s irrelevant because he was getting developed. Romo was not coming in straight out of Eastern Illinois and coming in and dominating.
It was his 3rd year. He was ready AND better period. You play to win the game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It was his 3rd year. He was ready AND better period. You play to win the game.
You play to win he game? What in the hell does that cliche have to do with anything lol? Silly me I thought you played to lose the game lol.......

How in the hell do you know he was ready? Sean Payton and Parcells didn't feel he was but you do?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You play to win he game? What in the hell does that cliche have to do with anything lol? Silly me I thought you played to lose the game lol.......

How in the hell do you know he was ready? Sean Payton and Parcells didn't feel he was but you do?
Parcells didnt feel he was ready in 2006 either until the team was imploding lol. You got it tho

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Oh and Heath with another int. Where is Wilcox? Lol b b but Dallas keeps him in the league. Ok bro. Smh

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
- But you have seen Dorace Armstrong against NFL OLinemen....you know (or should know) his limitations and what his limited ceiling and potential
and what has to offer ...or what little he has to offer.
We were hearing about Anae per college, per Senior bowl , per training camp... we've yet to hear persistent rave reviews of Armstrong still to this day.

- so what's the harm in trying out a guy that has been a productive sack artist and supposedly was showing impressive promise
in camp as edge rusher.?

- And teams do " pass" on supposed run downs.

- Gallimore (or Anae ) cannot improve his game unless he gets the necessary snaps, reps to gain experience and adjust to the NFL trenches
you cannot learn off three special team plays or being game inactive.

Those double teams you kept talking about, those could come in time when he continues to learn and adapt at the NFL level,
but you can't learn to deal with double blocks ..unless you get the opportunity to play.
Considering Gallimore is a rookie with no OTAs, limited camp, no preseason, and who has rarely played (until very recently) this year the point
that he showed well going stellar Steelers blockers DeCastro and Pouncey, one has to be very encouraged by that performance.

- You obviously have not been watching Crawford this year, .. as he continues to gets knocked and bounced around on a game to game basis.
And it has nuthing to do with double teams - he's not getting doubled up at all. ..Single blockers are just mishandling him with such ease.
You're talking about him as what you want him to be .. but he's not the least bit effective at all as a pass rusher, he's best bet is if the passer
holds the ball too long enough for him to run over to his area as a "coverage' sack. He's just not beating blockers in any of his sets.

Fans love to be extremists. Players are either great or they suck.

Why do fans hate rotational players like Dorance Armstrong?

Armstrong and Anae have many similarities.
- Both played hand-down and standing up in college.
- Both were better players than their measurables.
- Almost identical height/weight.

Best College Season by each player:
  • Bradlee Anae
    • Tackles for Loss 14
    • Solo Tackles 30
    • Total Tackles 41
    • Forced Fumbles 1
    • Sacks 13
  • Dorance Armstrong
    • Tackles for Loss 20
    • Solo Tackles 40
    • Total Tackles 56
    • Forced Fumbles 3
    • Sacks 10
Measurables:
  • Bradlee Anae
    • Utah
    • Draft: 2020 5th round, Cowboys
    • Height: 6033
    • Weight: 257
    • Hand: 10 1/8
    • Arm: 32 1/8
    • Wingspan: 78 1/8
    • 40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.91
    • 10 Yard (ET): 1.69
    • 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 25
    • Vertical Jump: 31
    • Broad Jump: 09'07"
    • 20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.43
    • 3-Cone Drill: 7.44
  • Dorance Armstrong
    • Kansas
    • Draft: 2018 4th round, Cowboys
    • Height: 6035
    • Weight: 257
    • Hand: 10 Arm: 34 3/4
    • Wingspan: 83
    • 40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.87
    • 10 Yard (ET): 1.69
    • 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 25
    • Vertical Jump: 33
    • Broad Jump: 09'10"
    • 20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.23
    • 3-Cone Drill: 7.12

Jfconrow

Reaction score
We don’t need him with Lawrence, Greggory, and Smith. Those 3 might not be here in 1-2 years so might as well redshirt Anea and bulk him up.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I like anae. He's from my home state. I just don't know who he's gonna take snaps from.....Law, Aldon, Gregory, Armstrong......maybe offseason program will do him wonders....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
i don't understand why coaching staff Jim Tomsula is red shirting Bradlee Anae almost the same way
Reggie Robinson is being sat out this year .

Anae has been in on a few special team snaps but nuhtin major role there.

- Anae collected 30 sacks at Utah St. - so he was a sack machine there

- Anae put on impressive at Senior Bowl weekend proving unblockable in both practices and game itself

- Anae from all reports that put on another display in Cowboys training camp when he was unblockable

- Bradlee fell in draft to the 5th rd because typical scouts were wary of his poor workout numbers

i don't think its just Anae not being ready to show, because if not for the injuries of McCoy, Hill and the disappointments of Poe and Crawford, Nevillie Gallimore wouldve still been sitting the bench, instead of displaying
some ability ala Steelers .

There are times like this where these coaches that are holding back these players ......:banghead:

Who are you going to put on the bench? Lawrence, Aldon Smith, Gregory?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The team's coaches get to see what players are capable of far better than their fans.

Fittingly, they get to decide who plays and who doesn't, based upon their judgments.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do people say that bs about coaches seeing the players and we dont. How many times do backups have to come in and outplay the starter to see the coaches here aren't always right? Take donavan Wilson and darian Thompson for example. Or Poe/woods. Why was Poe starting over Woods? Money....the dallas way

Backups do not routinely outplay starters. There are rare examples, and because they stand out in fans minds fans perceive it as happing more often than it does. The reality is, while coaches aren’t infallible, they actually do work with these players every day, and have experience with NFL players, and you and I watch a TV broadcast and type things on a computer.

Sydla

Reaction score
i don't understand why coaching staff Jim Tomsula is red shirting Bradlee Anae almost the same way
Reggie Robinson is being sat out this year .

Anae has been in on a few special team snaps but nuhtin major role there.

- Anae collected 30 sacks at Utah St. - so he was a sack machine there

- Anae put on impressive at Senior Bowl weekend proving unblockable in both practices and game itself

- Anae from all reports that put on another display in Cowboys training camp when he was unblockable

- Bradlee fell in draft to the 5th rd because typical scouts were wary of his poor workout numbers

i don't think its just Anae not being ready to show, because if not for the injuries of McCoy, Hill and the disappointments of Poe and Crawford, Nevillie Gallimore wouldve still been sitting the bench, instead of displaying
some ability ala Steelers .

There are times like this where these coaches that are holding back these players ......:banghead:

I mean the simplest answer is probably the right one............... he's not good enough at this point to play. What he did in college and at the Senior Bowl doesn't matter now that we have three months of him working with a NFL team.

Sydla

Reaction score
They held back Heath behind Wilcox. Romo behind Bledsoe so on and so on. Let's not act like this doesn't happen every year in dallas. Even y'alls favorite Witten took snaps from a better player.

Heath behind Wilcox? LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh and Heath with another int. Where is Wilcox? Lol b b but Dallas keeps him in the league. Ok bro. Smh

Heath doesn't even start in Oakland. Great, he had a couple of interceptions............ he's not a starter. Geezus you people are insane.